The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 12, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #496 of 12,993
Hi there.

The main purpose of this thread is extreme bass impact and the best cans that deliver it.

The paper on the earcup test is a visual demonstration of each respective headphones level of impact - a tactile representation of how the bass of whatever can is tested as it would on the ear and surrounding skin area within the earcup.

I've never heard the ULTRASONE Pro900's but I've sure read a lot of members that own those particular cans remark on their noted bass signature.

It would be great to see the Pro 900's do the paper on earcup test to get an idea of how much bass those cans pack for sure, as they may well enter the top 10 listing as result
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the clarification. It's a very interesting criterion you guys have set up. Definitely unique. Good luck in your efforts to find the most massive bass pumping cans. As a basshead, I commend you for your efforts. 

Jun 12, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #498 of 12,993

Test starts.

At 1:10 paper is switched.. No distortion of drivers apparent. They are not close to it. Small paper is placed. Possible future paper size(??). New bass track coming as well. Possibly next week.

Current size is 1/2 A4 sheet of standard printer paper.

Bass Gladiators (ADD YOURS NOW) 
cool.gif

SONY MDR XB700                     (courtesy of cb3723)

JVC HA-MR77x                         (courtesy of Hawaiibadboy)

SMS DJ PRO                            (courtesy of Hawaiibadboy)

Ultrasone Signature DJ              (courtesy of cb3723)

Akai Pro AP-HPH-002                (courtesy of Hawaiibadboy)

Monster Beats Pro (Detox)         (courtesy of cb3723)

SONY MDR XB910                     (courtesy of cb3723)

SONY MDR XB1000                   (courtesy of cb3723)

JVC HA SZ2000                        (courtesy of Hawaiibadboy and cb3723)

Razer Kraken                           (courtesy of NewWaveAudio)

(Reserved for your can)

1. You must use this track>>>>>>>>>>>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmP7TYtDVUU&feature=kp

1. You must use an A4 sized piece of paper cut exactly in half

1. You must state DAP and AMP settings.

Jun 12, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #499 of 12,993

Test starts.

At [COLOR=FF0000]1:10[/COLOR] paper is switched.. No distortion of drivers apparent. They are not close to it. Small paper is placed. Possible future paper size(??). New bass track coming as well. Possibly next week.

Current size is 1/2 A4 sheet of standard printer paper.

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDK2lBNKDdI[/VIDEO]​

Jun 12, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #500 of 12,993
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Beats Pro (Detox)  v.s. SMS DJ PRO
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
MONSTER Beats DETOX Pro

Approx quarter of a sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup slightly holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source: iPod Touch with EQ set to bass boost, playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE17 with bass EQ to max setting 10 and 6dB gain

Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

SMS DJ PRO
 ​

​
 ​
Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used
No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE12 with bass boost switch on​
 ​
Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

SMS DJ PRO...YOU LOSE!!!
 ​

​

Wow, compared to the gods (SZ2000,1000, 77's) the detox is so weak.. And to think I'm not using them anymore because I find them too 'bassy' for half of my music. I really need a pair of 77's now XD

Jun 12, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #501 of 12,993
SKULLCANDY CRUSHER!

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/vmmASYbc6Fk[/VIDEO]​

Approx half of a sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup slightly holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source: iPod Touch with EQ set to bass boost, playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Bass slider on crusher cans set to max

Amp: FiioE17 with bass EQ to max setting 10 and 6dB gain

Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail

Jun 12, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #502 of 12,993
Wow, compared to the gods (SZ2000,1000, 77's) the detox is so weak.. And to think I'm not using them anymore because I find them too 'bassy' for half of my music. I really need a pair of 77's now XD

DETOX Pro's are limited by their 40mm drivers.

From what I understand these drivers are pre- tuned near to the max they can give.

The 77x's use a much larger 57mm drivers and that extra 17mm goes a long way.

The SZ2000's, already shown and the SZ1000's, yet to be shown, are full pure bred pedigree basshead monster cans of distinction (release the kraken) with unique engineered Kelton method based architecture of two separate chambers and independent driver.

The only other make and model that can compete with the SZ2000 is IMO, the SONY MDR-XB1000 with its Goliath 70mm drivers moving a lot of air inside their earcups to your ears :)

Jun 12, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #503 of 12,993
Welcome to the thread. The SZ200 are declared the bass kings. I haven't had a chance to hear them though. Ask @Hawaiibadboy

There might be more candidates, Denon 7100 and what with bass artists Velodyne who also have now a headphone, maybe even te most beautifull on the market today, but according to their repuation there should be a fair amount of bass in their headphones

Jun 12, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #504 of 12,993
After a night of burning in I can push my cans harder. 100% amp 93% phone. Upper bass boost. I'm going to do a video with these settings. There is no distortion. If this isn't proof of burn in. I don't know what is. It's purely objective. They're are basing so hard that on some frequencies they move on the table

Jun 12, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #505 of 12,993
There might be more candidates, Denon 7100 and what with bass artists Velodyne who also have now a headphone, maybe even te most beautifull on the market today, but according to their repuation there should be a fair amount of bass in their headphones

The Denon AH-D600 was on the top 10 list but got replaced with the SONY MDR-XB1000.

Apparently the 600 has a stronger bass impact than it's higher model the 7100, so it's unlikely to be considered, unless any member who owns the 7100 would like to video the paper test and post it up?

Regarding the Velodyne headphones you mention - is it the vTrue model you refer to?

Jun 12, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #506 of 12,993
After a night of burning in I can push my cans harder. 100% amp 93% phone. Upper bass boost. I'm going to do a video with these settings. There is no distortion. If this isn't proof of burn in. I don't know what is. It's purely objective. They're are basing so hard that on some frequencies they move on the table

Sounds good - looking forward to your video! :)

Jun 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #507 of 12,993
The Denon AH-D600 was on the top 10 list but got replaced with the SONY MDR-XB1000.

Apparently the 600 has a stronger bass impact than it's higher model the 7100, so it's unlikely to be considered, unless any member who owns the 7100 would like to video the paper test and post it up?

Regarding the Velodyne headphones you mention - is it the vTrue model you refer to?

Exactly, but I never did hear them, but me and a couple of friends did buy them as birthday present for our favorite musician

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #510 of 12,993
Having difficulties with YouTube. Mine will be up in about 10 minutes. Warning do not play my video through headphones. The Mic is terribly high pitched

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

...and so the tension starts to mount as NWA uploads his new Razor Kraken video....will the return
of the Kraken be a destroyer of bass or a distortion of bewilderment?.....the wait continues fight fans...... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back