The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 12, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #481 of 12,993
Greetings EXTREME BASSHEADS, I have to say that I am so happy to finally found a place on the internet to belong to..
A place for Cannon Bassheads craving for heavy hitting slamming impact BASS whom enjoys the sensation of boom boom bass vibrating through the skull.
I am no pro like you all masters here, but I got to say that I'm a happy newbie all excited and ready to start the journey of bass. haha

I am really considering to get myself one of those JVC cans, undecided which to get.. the SZ2000 or the SZ1000.. RM1300 & RM900 respectively.. which cost a RM400 difference, and I'm really curious to know the difference of these 2 cannons.. which is the better one? Thanks!
Welcome to the thread. The SZ200 are declared the bass kings. I haven't had a chance to hear them though. Ask Hawaiibadboy

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #482 of 12,993
  Yamaha EPH 100 are fantastic if you like IEM's. Get some memory foam earbuds from lostearbuds on ebay (which fit great and improve the sound) and you are set. Sounds great straight out of an ipod. Awesome bass.

This is coming from someone who has spent hundreds of dollars on more expensive headphones (as many of us have).

Heya TWerk! Could you test your XB700 for us? You have an awesome collection in there! I mean, try playing this track with your EQ flat and tell us how loud it goes before distortion.

BTW I used to be into in-ears as well (because full-size headphones kept disappointing me bass-wise), and the best ones I tested were the old Sennheiser CX500/400. I stocked up on them, and then recently I tried one of the cannons listed in here and I couldn't go back to in-ears anymore.

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #483 of 12,993
  Opps. Missed that, sorry. 

No worries! Your rec was useful for me! Welcome to the club!

Greetings EXTREME BASSHEADS, I have to say that I am so happy to finally found a place on the internet to belong to..
A place for Cannon Bassheads craving for heavy hitting slamming impact BASS whom enjoys the sensation of boom boom bass vibrating through the skull.
I am no pro like you all masters here, but I got to say that I'm a happy newbie all excited and ready to start the journey of bass. haha

I am really considering to get myself one of those JVC cans, undecided which to get.. the SZ2000 or the SZ1000.. RM1300 & RM900 respectively.. which cost a RM400 difference, and I'm really curious to know the difference of these 2 cannons.. which is the better one? Thanks!

@unbornchaos wow, we're happy to see you happy lol! Welcome to the club!

You should wait for HBB and Gelocks as they just ordered the SZ1000. If they are equal or greater than the SZ2000, then you're in luck as they're much cheaper!

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #484 of 12,993

Heya TWerk! Could you test your XB700 for us? You have an awesome collection in there! I mean, try playing this track with your EQ flat and tell us how loud it goes before distortion.

BTW I used to be into in-ears as well (because full-size headphones kept disappointing me bass-wise), and the best ones I tested were the old Sennheiser CX500/400. I stocked up on them, and then recently I tried one of the cannons listed in here and I couldn't go back to in-ears anymore.

The Yamaha is different, though. I haven't found anything quite like it and I've tried many IEM's looking for that basshead feeling/sound signature.

But back on topic, the XB 700 was something I owned awhile back (not anymore),  but I didn't like it much at the time. Keep in mind I owned an Ultrasone Pro 900 (known for its bass) before trying the XB 700, which might have affected my opinion of them.

I do remember the XB 700 as being very comfortable though, but also a little hot n sweaty because the pads were a leather like material.

Which "cannon" have you tried which makes you say you cannot go back to iems?

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #485 of 12,993
Do any of you guys have experience with SPL meters? I'm trying to find an affordable one. I know you can use your PC+ Room EQ Wizard or perhaps RMAA (not sure yet) to measure SPL. There are also Android apps for that but it all depends on the quality of the mic. So I'd appreciate mic recommendations as well. The cheapest condenser measurement mics I could find are this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HT4RSA and this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KI8X40/ from $50-60. A dedicated SPL meter goes for as low as $10 to $30.

@TWerk I got the JVC HA-MR77X for $59. It's not perfect (absence of headpad sucks, and the harsh V frequency response graph needs heavy EQing) but the bass was life altering (when EQ'd). However the JVC HA-SZ2000 is a notch more powerful.

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #486 of 12,993
  Do any of you guys have experience with SPL meters? I'm trying to find an affordable one. I know you can use your PC+ Room EQ Wizard or perhaps RMAA (not sure yet) to measure SPL. There are also Android apps for that but it all depends on the quality of the mic. So I'd appreciate mic recommendations as well. The cheapest condenser measurement mics I could find are this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HT4RSA and this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KI8X40/ from $50-60. A dedicated SPL meter goes for as low as $10 to $30.

@TWerk I got the JVC HA-MR77X for $59. It's not perfect (absence of headpad sucks, and the harsh V frequency response graph needs heavy EQing) but the bass was life altering (when EQ'd). However the JVC HA-SZ2000 is a notch more powerful.

JVC kinda left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I tried their FXZ-200 (also an IEM known to be super bassy) but it was just too muddy and sloppy sounding. (VERY different from Yamaha EPH-100 might I add)

Bass is awesome (especially in headphones) but only when it's done well. Nothing worse then muddy bass that bleeds over the rest of the track and ruins it all.

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #490 of 12,993
  So I didn't read all 30+ pages of this thread, but what's the reason that the Pro 900s aren't even noted in the first post even as an honorable mention? 

Don't know what an honorable mention is?
confused.gif
 Make folks happy. How about I throw the Q40 on there to make some other folks happy. Maybe you could test your Pro900 and put a visual on em'. Like somebody did with their Sig Pro's....takes 15 minutes. Look forward to the vid. Follow the rules please.

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #491 of 12,993
  Don't know what an honorable mention is?
confused.gif
 Make folks happy. How about I throw the Q40 on there to make some other folks happy. Maybe you could test your Pro900 and put a visual on em'. Like somebody did with their Sig Pro's....takes 15 minutes. Look forward to the vid. Follow the rules please.

I guess I missed the part that this is more a show ranking than a sound ranking. So is this thread mainly for ranking tricks you can do with cans by having them shake things or actual sound rankings? The directions can be a bit more clear, but maybe I'm just not getting them. 

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #492 of 12,993
  I guess I missed the part that this is more a show ranking than a sound ranking. So is this thread mainly for ranking tricks you can do with cans by having them shake things or actual sound rankings? The directions can be a bit more clear, but maybe I'm just not getting them. 

Please stop.
The thread title is EXTREME BASS. Pretty clear. Thanks for stopping by.

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #493 of 12,993
Beats Pro (Detox)  v.s. SMS DJ PRO
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
MONSTER Beats DETOX Pro

Approx quarter of a sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup slightly holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source: iPod Touch with EQ set to bass boost, playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE17 with bass EQ to max setting 10 and 6dB gain

Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

SMS DJ PRO
 ​

​
 ​
Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used
No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE12 with bass boost switch on​
 ​
Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

SMS DJ PRO...YOU LOSE!!!
 ​

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #494 of 12,993
NEXT UP INTO THE GLADIATOR FIGHT RING - SONY MDR-XB700...

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/eTlSfzWoFg0[/VIDEO]​

Approx half of a sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup slightly holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source: iPod Touch with EQ set to bass boost, playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE17 with bass EQ to max setting 10 and 6dB gain

Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail

Jun 12, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #495 of 12,993

Hi there.

The main purpose of this thread is extreme bass impact and the best cans that deliver it.

The paper on the earcup test is a visual demonstration of each respective headphones level of impact - a tactile representation of how the bass of whatever can is tested as it would on the ear and surrounding skin area within the earcup.

I've never heard the ULTRASONE Pro900's but I've sure read a lot of members that own those particular cans remark on their noted bass signature.

It would be great to see the Pro 900's do the paper on earcup test to get an idea of how much bass those cans pack for sure, as they may well enter the top 10 listing as result :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back