The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 11, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #468 of 12,973

CLASH OF 2 BASS TITANS

​
TITAN "Xtreme Bass" (XB)
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used
No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source: iPod Touch with EQ set to bass boost, playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE17 with bass EQ to max setting 10 and 6dB gain

Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail
 ​

​
 ​
TITAN "Xtreme Xplosive" (77x)

​
Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used
No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE12 with bass boost switch on​
 ​
 ​

Recommend: 
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail
 ​

​
 ​

If you're gonna have multiple thoughts in this thread , please update a single post if it's on the same page and DO NOT use this as a diary.

Jun 11, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #470 of 12,973
The Kraken killed by the 77x!

Respect to NewWaveAudio for making the effort to put up paper test video, but - man - I'm still cringing hearing those drivers distorting hard - hope they ain't damaged :confused_face_2:

Yeah, the paper is jumping pretty good, but at the cost of heavy distortion, which doesn't represent the bass hit you'd experience if listening with these cans for your personal pleasure (unless heavy distortion is your thing).

It would be good to see the Razor Kraken do the paper test again, only at a non distorted level which would be representative of the kind of bass impact you could experience in the real not distorted world for sure.

But thanks to NewWaveAudio for stepping into the fray of the Extreme Bass Coliseum :cool:

But in the end the 57mm bass tuned driver of the 77x brought a swift death to the inexperienced and distorted Razor Kraken.....:D

Coming soon to the battle - SONY's seasoned gladiator.....the might that is...the XB700!

.....and some new bass crown pretenders looking to chance their luck for the glory of Extreme Bass...! :wink:

STAY TUNED FIGHT FANS! :D

Jun 11, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #472 of 12,973
Yeah, I think I killed the others. My set up puts out a lot of power. My phone has an internal amp plus I use the external. My amp can blow some car stereos out. Pretty good for the price.I'll give my cans at least 2 nights of burn in before I test them.

Jun 11, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #473 of 12,973
Respect to NewWaveAudio for making the effort to put up paper test video, but - man - I'm still cringing hearing those drivers distorting hard - hope they ain't damaged
confused_face_2.gif

Yeah, the paper is jumping pretty good, but at the cost of heavy distortion, which doesn't represent the bass hit you'd experience if listening with these cans for your personal pleasure (unless heavy distortion is your thing).

It would be good to see the Razor Kraken do the paper test again, only at a non distorted level which would be representative of the kind of bass impact you could experience in the real not distorted world for sure.

I might give it a try...once I'm in the Philippines and we have WiFi, I mean.
My setup is very simple and doesn't have an amp, so hopefully that will eliminate distortion (because even at full volume they didn't distort).

Still, they sound muddy as f'k, so I'm going to debate with myself over going through with the test.

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #474 of 12,973
I might give it a try...once I'm in the Philippines and we have WiFi, I mean.
My setup is very simple and doesn't have an amp, so hopefully that will eliminate distortion (because even at full volume they didn't distort).

Still, they sound muddy as f'k, so I'm going to debate with myself over going through with the test.

They're not muddy at all on my phone. When I let people use my headphones the first thing they notice is the audio quality. Then the bass drops and they are like whoa. With their mouth hanging open. The muddiest cans I've had are the Sony Xb10

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #475 of 12,973

The Kraken killed by the 77x!

Respect to NewWaveAudio for making the effort to put up paper test video, but - man - I'm still cringing hearing those drivers distorting hard - hope they ain't damaged
confused_face_2.gif

But thanks to NewWaveAudio for stepping into the fray of the Extreme Bass Coliseum
cool.gif

But in the end the 57mm bass tuned driver of the 77x brought a swift death to the inexperienced and distorted Razor Kraken.....
biggrin.gif

Coming soon to the battle - SONY's seasoned gladiator.....the might that is...the XB700!

.....and some new bass crown pretenders looking to chance their luck for the glory of Extreme Bass...!
wink.gif

STAY TUNED FIGHT FANS!
biggrin.gif

Yes.
Please do not distort drivers. That will not be good for your wallet and anyone considering buying the Krakens since they obviously don't want to hear distortion.
Great respect at participating though
beerchug.gif

Looking forward to future battles.
Please use not distorting levels and put your exact eq/effects settings. Use the standard font and keep this thread nice in uniformity....we need a clean arena
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #476 of 12,973
Yes.
Please do not distort drivers. That will not be good for your wallet and anyone considering buying the Krakens since they obviously don't want to hear distortion.
Great respect at participating though:beerchug:

Looking forward to future battles.
Please use not distorting levels and put your exact eq/effects settings. Use the standard font and keep this thread nice in uniformity....we need a clean arena:D

My amp doesn't specify it's exact bass boost. It's either low, mid, or upper bass boost basically. The hardest hitting setting I've found that doesn't distort is low bass boost with phone and amp at about 90%. I don't know what it is about that particular song with my cans. They play all other songs by Wiz without distorting.

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #477 of 12,973
Yamaha EPH 100 are fantastic if you like IEM's. Get some memory foam earbuds from lostearbuds on ebay (which fit great and improve the sound) and you are set. Sounds great straight out of an ipod. Awesome bass.

This is coming from someone who has spent hundreds of dollars on more expensive headphones (as many of us have).

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #478 of 12,973
  Yamaha EPH 100 are fantastic if you like IEM's. Get some memory foam earbuds from lostearbuds on ebay (which fit great and improve the sound) and you are set. Sounds great straight out of an ipod. Awesome bass.

This is coming from someone who has spent hundreds of dollars on more expensive headphones (as many of us have).

Wrong thread. Title clearly says Headphones not IEM's Please don't spam with unsolicited rec's.

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #479 of 12,973
Greetings EXTREME BASSHEADS, I have to say that I am so happy to finally found a place on the internet to belong to..
A place for Cannon Bassheads craving for heavy hitting slamming impact BASS whom enjoys the sensation of boom boom bass vibrating through the skull.
I am no pro like you all masters here, but I got to say that I'm a happy newbie all excited and ready to start the journey of bass. haha

I am really considering to get myself one of those JVC cans, undecided which to get.. the SZ2000 or the SZ1000.. RM1300 & RM900 respectively.. which cost a RM400 difference, and I'm really curious to know the difference of these 2 cannons.. which is the better one? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back