The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 10, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #436 of 12,993

CLASH OF 2 BASS TITANS

TITAN "Xtreme Bass" (XB)

Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used
No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source: iPod Touch with EQ set to bass boost, playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE17 with bass EQ to max setting 10 and 6dB gain

Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail

TITAN "Xtreme Xplosive" (77x)

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE12 with bass boost switch on
Recommend: 

*These 77x have been "badboy" modded.

This Gladitorial Bass display is brought to you by @cb3723 and myself.  This is the most fun I have had on Head-fi. Everything else is total ********. This....this is fun.

@kilspeed111  You're Gladiator is Beats Detox. I have the Youtube account to host your display. Please prepare your gladiator with the same Wiz track.  Or you use your Beats track and me and cb come back at you bro

Jun 10, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #437 of 12,993
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

CLASH OF 2 BASS TITANS

TITAN "Xtreme Bass" (XB)

Test Conditions

Source: iPod Touch with EQ set to bass boost, playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Recommend:

TITAN "Xtreme Xplosive" (77x)

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Recommend: 

Nice LOL, I'd really love to try it with my detox but I'm afraid of blowing it.. Do you have a beats pro/pro detox by any chance you could try it with?

And no love for the new track I suggested :frowning2:?

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #438 of 12,993

[COLOR=008080]CLASH OF NEW BASS TITAN[/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF0000]TITAN[/COLOR] SONY MDR-XB910
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/Sk8WAaH59do[/VIDEO]​

Test Conditions

Recommend:

:D
300_this_is_sparta-53535.gif
:D

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #439 of 12,993
SONY MDR-XB910 BASS TEST WITH SMALLER SHEET OF PAPER

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/8ImFPgvQ2Nw[/VIDEO]

conditions all as before apart from smaller size paper used​

1t07cp.gif
110j1ft.gif

These cans use 50mm drivers and represent the "new school" of XB cans - quite a departure from the previous "classic" range which included the XB700/1000.

New XB range have far smaller ear pads and are even on- ear - very plasticky, feel cheaper made than older range and don't offer anywhere near as much bass for your buck as the JVC HA-MR77X - BUT - comparing the 77's to the 910's myself - I find the overall sound quality more refined which may be off topic as we're looking for the most extreme hardest hitting bass cans here, but thought I'd throw that into the mix anyway.

The 910's also have removable and DJ style lock cable feature and collapse down into small travel form.

Personally, I like the styling of them but wish SONY had not used as much plastic as they have done.

Due to their overall smaller form factor when in use, removable cables etc, I find these more convenient for mobile cans than the JVC 77's, but considering the 910's are more than twice the cost of the 77's - these added features are expected to be there.

Just my personal opinion on these two TITANS :)

But be under no illusion - the 910's hit 'king HARD!

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #440 of 12,993
Quote:
 "And when he had opened the fourth seal,
I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
And I looked......"

​

The Fourth Seal: Death (too all sucka MC's basscans
biggrin.gif
)

Test Conditions

Recommend: 

​

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #442 of 12,993
SZ1000/SZ2000 Specification Differences

http://cdn.jvc.eu/szfxz/sz/index.html​

As most owners will change the earpads at some point the only differences between these models is the SZ2000 using superior brass on the vibrating inhibiting cylinder where the SZ1000 is specified as using vibration inhibiting "material" - which as it doesn't define exactly what this material actually is, clearly it must be lesser than brass.

Only other difference is the SZ2000 having a slightly larger frequency response (4-29,000 HZ) compared to the SZ1000 (5-28,000HZ).

Strange that JVC even bothered with the SZ1000 really?

Oh, sorry - the SZ2000 uses additional mesh to its synthetic leather headband and the total weight is 30g heavier than the SZ1000 (likely due to the brass vibration inhibiting cylinder) :rolleyes:

JVC UK currently retail the SZ1000 @£229.99 GBP with the SZ2000 @£299.99 GBP https://www.jvceshop.co.uk/z-series/234-HA-SZ1000-E.html

Amazon UK currently retail the SZ2000 @£251.69 http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-HA-SZ2000-E-Circumaural-Headphones-System/dp/B00CIQ7NXQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402416203&sr=8-1&keywords=jvc+sz2000

With the SZ1000 only available as a Japanese Import via third party resellers @£129.40 GBP http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-stereo-headphone-HA-SZ1000-japan/dp/B00CIQ88UI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402416967&sr=8-1&keywords=jvc+sz1000 which means extra duty and VAT charges will bump the final price up from price displayed.

If you just compare the difference in pricing between Amazon site and roughly add VAT and duty charges to be approx £170.00 GBP for final SZ1000 price, the difference to the SZ2000 is around the £80GBP / $134 USD mark, so maybe JVC just wanted to offer a lower cost model alternative to the SZ2000 with the SZ1000 - so the use of brass material for vibration inhibiting cylinder and marginally bigger frequency response range, bit of mesh to the headband and protein leather ear pads is where the extra cost has gone to with the SZ2000 model - but biggest question is - can you hear the difference?

I can't say as I don't have the SZ1000 and from what I've read HBB struggled to hear anything of particular note.

I'm still happy to have put my money down on the SZ2000 model though - the use of brass on the vibration inhibiting cylinder must give a more robust attribute over JVC's unclear description of the SZ1000 as using "material" of no clear determined clarity of exactly what it's made of. *edit - HBB informs that this material is also brass but in unjoined 3-4 strips onto cylinder - though I don't know what material the SZ1000 cylinder is made of*

One thing that is clear - both these cans are hard bass slammers based on the Kelton method of delivering bass through two separate chambers within the earcups, a system previously only used in floor speakers! And that is all you need to know to understand the significance of these unique basshead bros from the mad bass engineers at JVC :cool:

My advice to HBB - pick up another "reserve" pair of the SZ100or your current SZ2000's just incase something happens to your current set that I have no doubt you use heavily, as once these stop production - will there ever be anything like these again? :wink:

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #443 of 12,993
                                                                ​

[COLOR=001320]The Fourth Seal: [COLOR=FF0000]Death[/COLOR] (too all sucka MC's basscans[/COLOR]:D )

​

Test Conditions

Recommend: 

HaHa - nice :D if not hardcore - I can hear those drivers hammering hard - don't blow them bro your mention of "DEATH" has me worried :eek:

When I set up my XB1000's up for the test and put gain onto 12dB - the drivers started rattling hard - I wimped out and took it down to 6dB gain :xf_eek:

I'm terrified to blow my drivers - what can I say?

I'd cry like a baby if I blew my basscans drivers up - especially on something like the Sig DJ's - they cost mo money :basshead:

I think the Kelton method system of the SZ2000's are showing to be capable of taking the most extreme EQing out of the field of competitors which rightly puts them in pole position for sure :)

Cool display of the level of bass that can hit you with the mighty SZ2000's on steep bass EQ :cool:

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #444 of 12,993

We just blew **** up.

@cb3723

That's the most epic series of posts I have seen on Head-fi.
2 people. You and I....putting in a little work. A demonstration.   Instead of the same folks saying the same thing about the same things we took time to put a visual on the low frequency. I had a blast!
The sz will be fine (no blowing them for me) The modded 77x can put out much more after their mod. They were not close to limit. The sz have a stoutness to them though that is epic. Good stuff!!
Best page in any thread on Head-fi. Period. You.......are the man!

@gelocks You know what I'd like to see though?
The same tests WITHOUT EQ'ing... .... .... :p

I'd like to see you do that. Heck. I'd like anyone besides me and cb to do something.                 (check)

@kilspeed111 Nice LOL, I'd really love to try it with my detox but I'm afraid of blowing it.. Do you have a beats pro/pro detox by any chance you could try it with?

And no love for the new track I suggested :frowning2:?

Other folks taking a chance with their equipment is fine but you...? No? That sounds pretty bad. Man up, use your $400+ cans and show whatever level you're comfortable with.    @cb3723   did it already.....never you mind.

before you rec' the Q40 to anyone as having (enter adjective) kind of bass....please display. I have the account for you.

Thank God for @cb3723. He's got cans (more than me and most,) and he's got a sense of humor and plays along. He didn't blow anything.  He took his time. Much more of a big deal than it should be. As if you all got epic busy lives....nah. Ya got the lazy's. 

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #445 of 12,993

We just blew **** up.

@cb3723

That's the most epic series of posts I have seen on Head-fi.
2 people. You and I....putting in a little work. A demonstration.   Instead of the same folks saying the same thing about the same things we took time to put a visual on the low frequency. I had a blast!
The sz will be fine (no blowing them for me) The modded 77x can put out much more after their mod. They were not close to limit. The sz have a stoutness to them though that is epic. Good stuff!!
Best page in any thread on Head-fi. Period. You.......are the man!

​

@cb3723 @Hawaiibadboy
Agree, it was great to watch the video's and see you guys having what looked like a friendly 'battle' against eachother.

Jun 10, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #446 of 12,993
You know what I'd like to see though?
The same tests WITHOUT EQ'ing... .... .... :p

Already tried it with the JVC DX700s... the paper doesn't "rattle" as much but considering I don't equalize and I'm just going from my PC --> NuForce Icon HDP (usually bright sounding DAC/AMP) --> Burson Soloist SL it actually gave me a headache. I'll see if I can upload the clip... already have the login info...

I think I have to use a bigger piece of paper like you guys though... lol

Jun 11, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #449 of 12,993
Titan....? or (A Gladiator in servants clothing?)

Test Conditions

Recommend: 

小 = "chi-sai" (small)

But who will I fight? (does it matter?.....die mightily !!)...........

Jun 11, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #450 of 12,993
So, as per video Description:

Testing these JVC DX700s for the "Extreme Basshead Club".. Test consists on using a Wiz Khalifa song and seeing how bass response does on a piece of paper. 

Note: You can see the paper flapping a bit and this is WITHOUT boosting bass on the headphones (i.e. NO EQ, No DSPs, no nothing)
Source: PC -- Nuforce Icon HDP -- Burson Soloist SL

I'll try to do some others if I can take time to do it.

Check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back