The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Nov 11, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #10,038 of 12,993
Ok fellow bassheads, I received my HE-560's about 2 hours ago. They are great sounding headphones with amazing mids and crisp forward highs. Unfortunately the lows, while elevated, are not capable of basshead levels before distortion kicks in. My Monolith M1060 reaches far deeper and hits harder while doing it. The M1060 wins this one. Now I have to think about whether or not the HE-560 has a place in my collection or if I move them on.

Nov 11, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #10,039 of 12,993
how about HE400?

They too are good for bass - I have a pair still that I run direct out of speaker taps on my Pioneer Spec vintage system. Plenty of bass - though not near the level of the Top 10 list Chris put together. Still, for a $200 headphone, add the "usual mods" (Vegan pads, blutack mod, Lohb suspension pad (for comfort), open grill mod) they pound pretty good.

Nov 12, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #10,040 of 12,993
RBH-HP2 has the deepest most controlled bass I ever heard on a headphone. It literally sounds like a subwoofer with the Vorzuge Vorzamp Duo eq’ed with bass boost. The treble and mids are very good as well. I’d like a touch more mids and more soundstage overall but these are very very good headphones. They aren’t much to look at though. They feel kinda on the cheap side.

Nov 13, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #10,041 of 12,993
RBH-HP2 has the deepest most controlled bass I ever heard on a headphone. It literally sounds like a subwoofer with the Vorzuge Vorzamp Duo eq’ed with bass boost. The treble and mids are very good as well. I’d like a touch more mids and more soundstage overall but these are very very good headphones. They aren’t much to look at though. They feel kinda on the cheap side.
I put off buying these because I wanted to try out planar magnetic headphones. Dang it my man @talan7 wrote those magical words "deepest most controlled bass" and my spidey senses started tingling. Planar magnetics can wait. RBH-HP2 coming soon and video to follow.

Nov 13, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #10,042 of 12,993
I put off buying these because I wanted to try out planar magnetic headphones. Dang it my man @talan7 wrote those magical words "deepest most controlled bass" and my spidey senses started tingling. Planar magnetics can wait. RBH-HP2 coming soon and video to follow.

Here is a HM5 pad adapter https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2636624,

hbRiM9jl.jpg

Nov 13, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #10,046 of 12,993
Helps the HM5 pads fit better, the orgininal adapter is too narrow 80mm vs 90mm. It cost me $1.40 to print a pair at my local library
Print a pair at local library? You lost me. These are digitally printed? I need to find a place with a digital printer and print it from the website? Is it worth it sound quality wise or more for comfort?

Nov 13, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #10,049 of 12,993
I can’t wait for my kannons! Hopefully they come before Christmas. I want to compare them with the RBH
I can't wait for my RBH-HP2! Hopefully they come this week. I want to compare them with my Kannon and Fostex.

Nov 13, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #10,050 of 12,993
I can't wait for my RBH-HP2! Hopefully they come this week. I want to compare them with my Kannon and Fostex.

I can't wait for you to report back! My add-to-cart trigger finger is getting itchy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back