The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Oct 26, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #10,006 of 12,992
photostudio_1508984259405.jpg

My daughter likes the pads too

Oct 26, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #10,007 of 12,992
Don't post much in this thread, but I have been giggling with a simple youtube video that has nice sub-bass at the start of the song, even if it is a 190kbps resolution AAC codec. I was using my modded TH-X00 PHs with Audioquest Dragonfly Red in line out mode to my modded Gustard H10 amp (using Burson V6 Classic Opamps), playing the audio of the video through Foobar2K with no presets or equalization whatsoever...

Just might have to download the FLAC verson off bandcamp of that song...

These are also these that are some of my favorites when it comes to 'bass' led songs:

(Love the atmosphere the low end gives in this one from ZALAS.)

But this is probably my favorite ZALAS piece...

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #10,009 of 12,992
Anyone own the RBH-HP2? . Yes, Z Reviews did a recent review, but there were a few reviews which stated these beryllium coated closed headphones can be boosted in low end without much distortion. One reviewer pushed it 10db+ somewhere in sub region. https://headfonics.com/2017/05/the-hp-2-by-rbh-sound/ Z said its harder than Fostex drivers (i'm assuming he's referring to th-x00/d2k/5k/7k) and not th-900. Though he says soundstage better on Denon 2k/5k/7k/ (So I would imagine the thx-00/emu) as well. Anyway, if anyone has one and does paper test, that would be cool :D

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #10,010 of 12,992
Anyone own the RBH-HP2? . Yes, Z Reviews did a recent review, but there were a few reviews which stated these beryllium coated closed headphones can be boosted in low end without much distortion. One reviewer pushed it 10db+ somewhere in sub region. https://headfonics.com/2017/05/the-hp-2-by-rbh-sound/ Z said its harder than Fostex drivers (i'm assuming he's referring to th-x00/d2k/5k/7k) and not th-900. Though he says soundstage better on Denon 2k/5k/7k/ (So I would imagine the thx-00/emu) as well. Anyway, if anyone has one and does paper test, that would be cool :D

On sale for $139 I may have to buy it now
https://rbhsound.com/hp2.php#543

Nov 9, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #10,017 of 12,992
Hi guys,
anyone of you own the Pioneer SE-MX 9 or the Pioneer SE-MHR 5?
Are they pushable to basshead levels?I own the JVC HA MR 77X at the moment(for comparison).

I'm interested in that as well, i remember liking the design and its "club type" sound description. Wonder what the owners will say.

This list goes to 10, but there used to be some honorable mentions, which can be hard to dig out with the thread having so many posts.

@Hawaiibadboy , or anyone else, if they can mention the cans from 11-20 , informally or formally would be cool :) There must be a few borderline models with a more balanced SQ/bordferline basshead. E.G IIRC thing like MT220, LP2 (cheaper version of m100, improved LP), Beats, DigitalDesigns Headphones.

Also last i checked i didn't see Z1R, curious where it might drop. IIRC it was mentioned it might squeeze into 10th spot.

CarefulGraciousAmbushbug-max-1mb.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back