The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Oct 18, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #9,980 of 12,993
You want it on high gain. The rated output power from what I saw is well within what that battery can supply. However I didn't look that much into it. I do not think you'd ever want to use the low gain setting on that amp with the SZ2000's.... I would avoid the bass boost on it and stick with the EQ, but I would definitely have it on high gain.

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #9,981 of 12,993
I found this for your amp: GAIN=L: Sensitivity = 2.4 V
GAIN=H: Sensitivity = 0.8 V

Since you're using a computer with realtek onboard sound, you probably will have much better results with the high gain setting. I believe most realtek onboard sound put out just a little over 1 vrms.

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #9,982 of 12,993
Ahhh sorry read that wrong, I was thinking it may be another reason for distortion, but i guess not aha

no, distortion is coming not lowering preamp to do compensating for lower power.

Get a used e12 or ican se. this will solve your power problems. if your getting distortion after this, then its your eqing skills. Take it one step at a time and in no time, you'll be a bass pro.

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #9,987 of 12,993
Can't let this page pass without a little:

Oct 22, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #9,988 of 12,993
Long time, no see, everyone. It's been 4 months since my trip to the U.S. to attend the New York Spring Meetup and visit family.

Showed off the dual-listening setup of my portable rig with DiscoProJoe's Rockbox EQ Presets throughout the whole day at the meetup on Saturday, June 10th. (With everything combined, my portable headphone system can boost 40 Hz by up to 62 dB -- with it sounding crisp, clear, and detailed at the same time when choosing a suitable preset for the song that's playing.)

Jude swung by my table near the end of the afternoon and gave it a listen. He said that the sound of my system was "very well done" for the purpose I'm trying to achieve, and said I should tell Hawaiibadboy about it. :sunglasses:

Monsterzero, Kyuuketsuki, and MikeZhao were there and heard my system, and were quite impressed as well.

Anyway, you can view the photos I took of the meetup at this link, which includes my table, along with Jude and me. Further beneath that forum post, I also gave my impressions of the meetup and the various equipment I checked out.

I do have one major complaint about Hawaiibadboy's "Hardest Hitting Headphone" Top 10 list, though, since I eagerly checked out the Fostex TH-X00 with my portable rig and extreme sound settings, and was laughably disappointed.

Those Fostex cans had a terrible air seal around the earcups, and their headphone drivers simply did not have the power handling and excursion capability that's required for DiscoProJoe's Rockbox EQ Presets. The TH-X00 drivers went "Snap! Crackle! Pop!" like Rice Krispies -- with absolutely no clipping from the portable Cayin C5 amp, or from the EQ.

I'm not sure if that was just a defective pair or if I'm missing something, but am absolutely dumbfounded that those cans are actually on this Top 10 list.

(Next to my beloved V-Moda M-100s, the 2nd-best pair of cans I heard at this meetup with my portable rig was the Meze 99 Classic, by the way.)

Oh well,...if I plan on attending any more Head-Fi meetups in the future where ordinary Head-Fi members can set up their own tables and show off their own DIY'ed stuff, then I'll let everyone know. Have fun! :L3000:

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #9,989 of 12,993
Long time, no see, everyone. It's been 4 months since my trip to the U.S. to attend the New York Spring Meetup and visit family.

Showed off the dual-listening setup of my portable rig with DiscoProJoe's Rockbox EQ Presets throughout the whole day at the meetup on Saturday, June 10th. (With everything combined, my portable headphone system can boost 40 Hz by up to 62 dB -- with it sounding crisp, clear, and detailed at the same time when choosing a suitable preset for the song that's playing.)

Jude swung by my table near the end of the afternoon and gave it a listen. He said that the sound of my system was "very well done" for the purpose I'm trying to achieve, and said I should tell Hawaiibadboy about it. :sunglasses:

Monsterzero, Kyuuketsuki, and MikeZhao were there and heard my system, and were quite impressed as well.

Anyway, you can view the photos I took of the meetup at this link, which includes my table, along with Jude and me. Further beneath that forum post, I also gave my impressions of the meetup and the various equipment I checked out.

I do have one major complaint about Hawaiibadboy's "Hardest Hitting Headphone" Top 10 list, though, since I eagerly checked out the Fostex TH-X00 with my portable rig and extreme sound settings, and was laughably disappointed.

Those Fostex cans had a terrible air seal around the earcups, and their headphone drivers simply did not have the power handling and excursion capability that's required for DiscoProJoe's Rockbox EQ Presets. The TH-X00 drivers went "Snap! Crackle! Pop!" like Rice Krispies -- with absolutely no clipping from the portable Cayin C5 amp, or from the EQ.

I'm not sure if that was just a defective pair or if I'm missing something, but am absolutely dumbfounded that those cans are actually on this Top 10 list.

(Next to my beloved V-Moda M-100s, the 2nd-best pair of cans I heard at this meetup with my portable rig was the Meze 99 Classic, by the way.)

Oh well,...if I plan on attending any more Head-Fi meetups in the future where ordinary Head-Fi members can set up their own tables and show off their own DIY'ed stuff, then I'll let everyone know. Have fun! :L3000:

Long time no chat joe.

It is possible that the pair was crap it is also possible they do not belong on the list. I expect silence to follow if folks have come around to agree with you or push back. I know one set (in the vid) was putting in good work.
I was told of the amazing bass from the Denon D5000 and 7000 and was terribly disappointed. If anyone has both the M100 and TH-X00 they can test them again and share their thoughts.

Oct 22, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #9,990 of 12,993
that dap looks dope, although it did not create a big buzz when released but its always been intriguing me , does the sennheiser have good present mids or are they recessed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back