Poll: How do you wear yours?
Aug 9, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #61 of 81
Over the ears and down the front for me.  I find that if I have them down my back and I have a jacket on my ears/IEMs really get pulled. So I worry less about have them break with the cable going down the front.

Aug 13, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #63 of 81

I wear mine 'over the ears, under the chin' with my IE8, SE530, E4c, UM-2 and Westone 3, I find that the most comfortable and convenient way to wear them, especially at the gym. But with the ER-4Bs, I think the only way to wear them is just 'hanging from the ears', and clipping them onto the collar is a must. But with my UE 18 Pro and UM-3, I can't seem to be able to get a good fit unless I wear them 'over the ears, down the back'. It makes sense I guess since there were designed for musicians in mind; by wearing them that way (under a shirt preferably), the cables wouldn't get in the way when they are playing their instruments. 

Aug 23, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #64 of 81

[size=medium]
They're most comfortable for me with the wire over my ears and then down the front under my chin.  It looks like that thread is locked.  If I run the wire behind my head, when I turn my head the wires get tugged on or pulled, or limit my head turning.
[/size]

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #65 of 81
Since I got the Westone 2, I now wear the IEMs over the ear, behind the neck, adjust the Y-splitter (circular thing) up to the back of my head and tuck the remaining cable in front through my shirt leaving a small portion of the cable behind the neck for easy head movement. It's perfect!

Aug 24, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #66 of 81
No! Skullcandy has a pair of earphones that goes behind the ear! I want that to be an exclusive style for those of us that know quality! So it is easily recognizable that im not wearing garbage!

Sep 9, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #67 of 81
I Used to wear my W3's over the ear and under the chin. Behind the neck was too much effort. All rather moot as the right cord gave up the ghost a long time ago. They're sitting collecting dust on the desk now.

Sep 9, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #72 of 81
For my current IEMs, straight down.

Sep 9, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #73 of 81
Over the ear for just about every IEM (unless it's not possible like the C5s).  Some IEMs (like the B2 and A151s) don't really give me a choice :p

Sep 9, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #74 of 81
Jesus-H-Tapdancing-Necropost! 

Westone UM3x was made for over the ear, and I prefer under the chin.

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #75 of 81

Quote:
I Used to wear my W3's over the ear and under the chin. Behind the neck was too much effort. All rather moot as the right cord gave up the ghost a long time ago. They're sitting collecting dust on the desk now.

You won them at a meet, maybe you can talk them into a lifetime warranty because they like you. 
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back