Poll: How do you wear yours?
May 29, 2010 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 81

Sumflow

100+ Head-Fier
Some of the manufactures may not be aware of how we use their products in real life.  At least one has gone so far as to say they were not designed to be worn in front. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire   The Y-split at that length (Westone 3's) are just too **** short. I hate it so much when it's rubbing me at the chin area or on my neck.

It will only rub on your chin if you are wearing them incorrectly. The wire is designed to go around the ear. Otherwise the fit is not as good and the seal will be compromised.

What do you say?
How do you usually wear your monitors?

May 29, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #2 of 81
It's quite obvious to see when an IEM is designed to be worn around the ear. No need for the manufacturer to come out and announce it.

But if they don't have the contoured (right word?) body, it's up to you how to wear them. I usually go hanging from the ears.

May 30, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #7 of 81
I wear mine over the ear in front usually, but when Im running I have it running down my back so i dont accidentally hit the cable and i dont want it inside my shirt cause ill get sweat on it!

Jun 2, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #13 of 81
Interestingly, the TF10vi have a mic that you can only use when you wear the IEM over the ear, under the chin, in front.
I don't think they were really designed to go behind the back.
Just a thought.

I'm trying to wear them behind the back though, over the ear.

Jun 2, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #15 of 81
Depends on where and when. I do over ear back and over ear front so both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back