Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 20, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #45,976 of 75,229
I think I may have lucked out. 8 days shipping for the Smabat M1 from the 11.11 sale. I was expecting a much longer wait.

Just showed up in the mail earlier today.

IMG_20191119_205633.jpg

Nov 20, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #45,984 of 75,229
Got a couple of earbuds arrive that I ordered just before 11.11, including the VE Zen LL - not the DICE version but the basic one they've started selling alongside. I know previously they'd been more of a giveaway with one of the amps. Really impressed with these, can't believe the sound coming out of this tiny form factor. I'd probably rate them in my top 3 earbuds (just after the Zen 2 and Asura 2... I'm clearly a VE fan! Still haven't decided which of those 2 is my number 1, as the Asura is easier to pair with any player).

The other earbud was an Asura 2S. I wanted a spare Asura and been wondering there anyway if there were any differences with the previous iteration. I will do a head to head later, they seem to have slightly improved highs, although still no harshness whatsoever.

I read that the Zen 2 will be ending once stocks all gone, and at some point before then, may only be sold as part of an earbud / amp combo. Probably won't get a spare Zen 2 however, price to me makes a spare somewhat prohibitive.

Someone asked earlier if the Zen 2 was flagship, and obviously the answer was no - it was but hasn't been for some time. However I'm pretty sure it will remain the most I'll ever spend / have spent on an earbud, so to me it's my totl!

Nov 20, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #45,985 of 75,229
Can anyone give me a good link for K's LBB Black No Mic? No Aliexpress as I have already 2 pairs of them with mics. Kept the 1st pair. 2nd one I have already opened a dispute. Whatever happens, I just don't care anymore.

Very disappointed, but at the very least, they do not much wrong soundwise for the price I've bought from the 1st store.

Nov 20, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #45,986 of 75,229
Can anyone give me a good link for K's LBB Black No Mic? No Aliexpress as I have already 2 pairs of them with mics. Kept the 1st pair. 2nd one I have already opened a dispute. Whatever happens, I just don't care anymore.

Very disappointed, but at the very least, they do not much wrong soundwise for the price I've bought from the 1st store.

Are you saying that you ordered them with no mic but they sent them with mic? Twice? What price did you pay that was good?

Nov 20, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #45,988 of 75,229
NiceHCK generally has very fast shipping. My B40's are on the way (ordered them after 11.11 tho). Let us know what you think of the B40. Thanks.

Currently playing them from my phone, streaming my Bandcamp collection. Sounds pretty good to me. Trying them with donut foams, but will likely use them without, as these are to be my sleeping buds.

Nov 20, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #45,989 of 75,229
I'd like to know as well. I liked their IEM, the KC06A. From what I've seen on youtube, the KC08 looks hella big, tho.

KC08 has excellent build quality and very good reach end-to-end, but the mid is a little dry, almost a very mild U-shaped sound. I'll call it a upper mid-tier. KC08T on the other hand is probably upper 2nd-tier, or even a lower 1st-tier. It has a more neutral tone than KC08, though still a little on the warmer / richer side of things. Overall just a really good all-rounder.

Nov 20, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #45,990 of 75,229
EB67.jpg

Earbuds Anonymous
Ostry KC08T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back