Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 19, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #42,977 of 75,149
can You pls tell us more about the me80 sound? How it compare to ebx for example

Specious and clean sounding, slightly warm but mostly neutral with a deep reaching bass rumble, but not a bass monster by quantity. Slightly less warm when compared to EB2 but with double the soundstage, while EBX is much warmer and more room-filling. ME80 is different in the sense that it doesn't quite have the warmness over mid-range as the EB series. In a way, I'll say it has PT15 kind of sound but better balanced tonally.

Jun 19, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #42,979 of 75,149

Spoiler: sounds like a winner! :)

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #42,981 of 75,149
Jun 19, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #42,982 of 75,149
Jun 19, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #42,983 of 75,149
How are you enjoying the sabia mmcx's? I will hopefully have them some day (I already have the regular Sabia's).

I have both the mmcx pearl version and the normal base version, and I definitely love them both. Even though I dipped my feet into decent IEMs by getting some isine 10s, I still use my sabias at my computer and for gaming, because they dont need massive amounts of EQ like isines do and just sound more natural overall. I even managed to get 2 of my friends who aren't in the audio hobby to get the sabias before they sold out, and they both thought they were amazing.

For fun: a quick comparision between some ~$35 sabia mmcx earbuds vs some $150 iSine10 IEMS with version 1 and 2 cipher cable

iSine 10 with cipher cable and personalized sub bass EQ:
+Larger soundstage width
++ Dynamic/Impactful sound
++Bass Quantity and Quality

Sabia mmcx pearl version with a 6 core copper cable (no EQ)::
++Natural Mid Tonality
++ Treble Tonality
+Soundstage depth and Imaging (gaming)

The sabias can still hold their own in some areas even against some IEMS costing much more that need a fancy digital cable and massive amounts of EQ to sound anywhere close to normal. While I love my isine 10s for what they are, they are so reliant on the cipher cable and EQ that I just choose to use my sabias as my daily driver for computing and gaming because they just don't do anything wrong, plus are more than usable for even shooting games where you need to detect footsteps around you. They're my benchmark earbuds, still.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #42,985 of 75,149
Argh, read the spoilers before they were hidden as spoilers. :triportsad: Haven't bought any buds for a few months, so will pull the trigger on this one.

You have a lot of catching up to do! :)

We miss seeing you in here.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #42,986 of 75,149
I have both the mmcx pearl version and the normal base version, and I definitely love them both. Even though I dipped my feet into decent IEMs by getting some isine 10s, I still use my sabias at my computer and for gaming, because they dont need massive amounts of EQ like isines do and just sound more natural overall. I even managed to get 2 of my friends who aren't in the audio hobby to get the sabias before they sold out, and they both thought they were amazing.

For fun: a quick comparision between some ~$35 sabia mmcx earbuds vs some $150 iSine10 IEMS with version 1 and 2 cipher cable

iSine 10 with cipher cable and personalized sub bass EQ:
+Larger soundstage width
++ Dynamic/Impactful sound
++Bass Quantity and Quality

Sabia mmcx pearl version with a 6 core copper cable (no EQ)::
++Natural Mid Tonality
++ Treble Tonality
+Soundstage depth and Imaging (gaming)

The sabias can still hold their own in some areas even against some IEMS costing much more that need a fancy digital cable and massive amounts of EQ to sound anywhere close to normal. While I love my isine 10s for what they are, they are so reliant on the cipher cable and EQ that I just choose to use my sabias as my daily driver for computing and gaming because they just don't do anything wrong, plus are more than usable for even shooting games where you need to detect footsteps around you. They're my benchmark earbuds, still.

Very cool! I use my Sabia's nightly for sleeping. They are great for trance, and very good even at low volumes. I'm looking forward to the mmcx version so I can try them out balanced (and to have a sabia spare of course!).

Jun 19, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #42,987 of 75,149
Has anyone got Moondrop CHACONNE?
Tell me Its weight, wearing feeling and sounds.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33040362551.html
HTB1oATncUGF3KVjSZFvq6z_nXXaM.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #42,989 of 75,149
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FEN...ml?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.7.20167cbeS03wgk

looks like you can even get the classic emx500 with mmcx for a good price, now :) if only i still wasnt rocking my sabia mmcx every day...the pink shell emx500 is speaking to me.
If I may suggest, I would never buy those kind of MMCX mount into the shells, I don't like the way it has been put. Looks incredibly fragile (the way it goes out like this), I'm sure it will break after few disconnects or even more the first time you will disconnect a cable with very hard connectors to detach. It's always much better to do these kind of DIY by ourselves (if possible of course).
I'm sure all the sellers who takes the risk to sell those MX500 shells mounted like that will have a lot of after sale.

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #42,990 of 75,149
If I may suggest, I would never buy those kind of MMCX mount into the shells, I don't like the way it has been put. Looks incredibly fragile (the way it goes out like this), I'm sure it will break after few disconnects or even more the first time you will disconnect a cable with very hard connectors to detach. It's always much better to do these kind of DIY by ourselves (if possible of course).
I'm sure all the sellers who takes the risk to sell those MX500 shells mounted like that will have a lot of after sale.

Do you have a photo to compare how you would do it... or have done it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back