Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 20, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #43,006 of 75,317
Ok, I think I've worked it out.
I think these items simply don't ship to EU.

Jun 20, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #43,007 of 75,317
Ok, I think I've worked it out.
I think these items simply don't ship to EU.

But we are in the EU... sort of... hopefully... dreading if that changes.

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #43,008 of 75,317
But we are in the EU... sort of... hopefully... dreading if that changes.
Oh wow... it really seems to just not ship to Germany. That's bizarre.

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #43,009 of 75,317
Decided to indulge a masochistic impulse and picked up one of the super cheap pairs folks were recommending (the Fengru silver I think it was). Arrived the other day and apparently in the decade or two since last I bothered trying traditional earbuds there's been a vast improvement in how well they stay in my ears... which is to say if I'm just sitting in a chair I can actually look around without them going kerplonk out of my ears. Still not stable enough for anything useful but hey... Tried flipping them cable up like they were MMCX but they didn't sound as decent like that and I can't tell how much of that is the earbud factor generally relying on gravity to get a firm fit and how much is this earbud design being restricted to cable down. Results inconclusive, suspecting I should have just spent a few bucks more and nabbed something like the PT15 even though it might not have been as highly rated sound-wise because this was as much a form factor experiment as anything.

They did sound pretty good though... at least until I A/B-ed them against my 100$ Sennheiser IE 40 Pro (at which point they still sounded good for 5$ but you could hear the price range). :upside_down:

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #43,010 of 75,317
Decided to indulge a masochistic impulse and picked up one of the super cheap pairs folks were recommending (the Fengru silver I think it was). Arrived the other day and apparently in the decade or two since last I bothered trying traditional earbuds there's been a vast improvement in how well they stay in my ears... which is to say if I'm just sitting in a chair I can actually look around without them going kerplonk out of my ears. Still not stable enough for anything useful but hey... Tried flipping them cable up like they were MMCX but they didn't sound as decent like that and I can't tell how much of that is the earbud factor generally relying on gravity to get a firm fit and how much is this earbud design being restricted to cable down. Results inconclusive, suspecting I should have just spent a few bucks more and nabbed something like the PT15 even though it might not have been as highly rated sound-wise because this was as much a form factor experiment as anything.

They did sound pretty good though... at least until I A/B-ed them against my 100$ Sennheiser IE 40 Pro (at which point they still sounded good for 5$ but you could hear the price range). :upside_down:
of course there will be differences. the fengru silver or tingo tg-38s is excellent for casual listening of vocals as it is very sweet and also very clean. the ie 40 pro is designed for stage monitoring which should emphasis on details and accuracy

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #43,011 of 75,317
Does he trim off part of the bottom of the shell? It looks shorter overall.

its much cleaner if we trimmed off that extra tail on the shell so the mmcx thread will be buried inside, not visible just like in your pic.

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #43,012 of 75,317

I agree that a good fit is important. Many people find the MX500 shell is not ideal for them.
Do you use foams?

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #43,013 of 75,317
of course there will be differences. the fengru silver or tingo tg-38s is excellent for casual listening of vocals as it is very sweet and also very clean. the ie 40 pro is designed for stage monitoring which should emphasis on details and accuracy
Oh I wasn't expecting it to hold up to the IE 40 Pro, I was just amused. For 5$ it does sound quite nice. :wink:

I agree that a good fit is important. Many people find the MX500 shell is not ideal for them.
Do you use foams?
I tried with and without. My ears just don't play well with earbuds is the main thing, pretty sure I inherited that from my dad because he can't use 'em either. When sitting there it was staying in just fine so if it is a fit thing it's a relatively minor one. S'just until I got my first IEM over the winter holidays it had never occurred to me to try running an earbud cable over ear for stability, which is part of why I'm suspecting I should have just gotten the proper form factor for doing so rather than trying to have my cake and eat it too with respected sound too. :p

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #43,015 of 75,317
Jun 20, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #43,016 of 75,317
This link for example, posted 1 page back.

When quoted here, it even looks like a normal HTML link, and even copying it and pasting it with or without the stuff after ".html" still leads to the same 'Page not found'.

You should not copy and paste the shrinking string of the link. You should only click the link.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #43,017 of 75,317
decided to buy the to600 as it is $59.40 during the current promo on aliexpress. good choice? want to try high impedance earbud.

another issue, i need $65 only to take advantage of a further $6 discount coupon. any suggestion?
1. moondrop shiro-yuki (does it really have the "harman curve"?)
2. qian69
both are $11 now

any comment is deeply appreciated. thank you.

Jun 21, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #43,018 of 75,317
You should not copy and paste the shrinking string of the link. You should only click the link.
Of course, that's the first thing I tried.
As I mentioned before, I already worked out the problem. The items are blocked from appearing when the website it set to 'ships to Germany'.

Jun 21, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #43,019 of 75,317
Any sub $15 options on the neutral, perhaps detailed side with a good soundstage? I need something that has a thinner lip/edge or a greater distance between the stem and the lip, the mx500 style shells don't really fit me and hurt around the anti-tragus.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back