Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 21, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #43,024 of 75,358
1. moondrop shiro-yuki (does it really have the "harman curve"?)

I am not into graphs but I will say that the shiro-yuki sounds great. It is a fairly balanced sound to my ears and I am able to listen to it for hours and hours without fatigue.

Jun 21, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #43,025 of 75,358
sony mdr-w20 128E557C-D794-4BBA-A6C2-4E8EEDE52154.jpeg

Jun 21, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #43,027 of 75,358
A nice blast from the past!
oldy but SQ still to beat

warmish but with great treble extensions.
not fatiguing at all. never thought this would sound great.

Jun 21, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #43,028 of 75,358
oldy but SQ still to beat

warmish but with great treble extensions.
not fatiguing at all. never thought this would sound great.

Yep have one also, nice to see this in here.

Jun 21, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #43,029 of 75,358
I am so angry that I decided to put aside some important irl stuff just to write this lol.

DO NOT buy the Toneking TO400s. While the sound quality is good and pleasant (dat soundstage) it has horrible build and today I got fed up with it. I had problems from the day I got it (when I bought it at almost full price); while the cable looks like a dirt cheap 2$ cable (on a 100$ bud) with a tiny plastic jack, it wasnt even fully braided on the right side and the left side had sound interruptions (like really).
I said it's ok its just the cable and let it slide but today the left driver started dying...I didnt even push them and I get this horrible rattling sound from it after just one year. No other earbud I own has had this problem, none.
So I went ahead and got my EMX500 and blew the dust off of it (literally lol) and guess what, the feeling you get from switching to another pair of earbuds/headphones after listening to one for a long time, you can just tell the differences right away, just wasnt there...the EMX is 80% as good as the TO400s when driven from a Galaxy S7. You are only wasting your money with this earbud, do not buy it.

This is unacceptable and it was the first and last time I get something from this brand.

/rant

Jun 21, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #43,030 of 75,358
I am so angry that I decided to put aside some important irl stuff just to write this lol.

DO NOT buy the Toneking TO400s. While the sound quality is good and pleasant (dat soundstage) it has horrible build and today I got fed up with it. I had problems from the day I got it (when I bought it at almost full price); while the cable looks like a dirt cheap 2$ cable (on a 100$ bud) with a tiny plastic jack, it wasnt even fully braided on the right side and the left side had sound interruptions (like really).
I said it's ok its just the cable and let it slide but today the left driver started dying...I didnt even push them and I get this horrible rattling sound from it after just one year. No other earbud I own has had this problem, none.
So I went ahead and got my EMX500 and blew the dust off of it (literally lol) and guess what, the feeling you get from switching to another pair of earbuds/headphones after listening to one for a long time, you can just tell the differences right away, just wasnt there...the EMX is 80% as good as the TO400s when driven from a Galaxy S7. You are only wasting your money with this earbud, do not buy it.

This is unacceptable and it was the first and last time I get something from this brand.

/rant

You should contact the seller.

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #43,034 of 75,358
Jun 21, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #43,035 of 75,358
It was after I found out there are banned sellers, and that store is one of them. Starts with Woo ; I sent pictures of the cable on the day I received it. They asked for video? Thats when I knew I wasnt getting my money back...

That is a standard request on ali....not just one seller. It won't help to get angry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back