Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 22, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #43,051 of 75,148
Jun 22, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #43,055 of 75,148
EMX500 is supposed to be bright. I am quite treble sensitive.

I have this one (in red) Mine is quite bright and clear but is not lacking anything else. I just got them out to refresh my memory (I have a few other buds). Not sure I would call them a warm blanket but I do like them. Not sure I would recommend for someone extremely sensitive to treble... it is impossible for me to know what you would think. I think I am learning to like treble more than I originally did, but mids are most important to me.... vocals.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...Y-Earphone-HiFi-Bass-Earbuds/32887565850.html

When they arrived a few other things arrived at the same time and my husband had made a few buds for me so these never got much attention So when I plugged them in just now I did the channel and phase test that I always do now when something new arrives. Guess what! Right and left are reversed... and I didn't know. Luckily the shells are symmetrical so I just need to mark them correctly now.

I am enjoying the clarity and soundstage of these right now. I think they are lively and energetic.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #43,056 of 75,148
I have this one (in red) Mine is quite bright and clear but is not lacking anything else. I just got them out to refresh my memory (I have a few other buds). Not sure I would call them a warm blanket but I do like them. Not sure I would recommend for someone extremely sensitive to treble... it is impossible for me to know what you would think. I think I am learning to like treble more than I originally did, but mids are most important to me.... vocals.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...Y-Earphone-HiFi-Bass-Earbuds/32887565850.html

When they arrived a few other things arrived at the same time and my husband had made a few buds for me so these never got much attention So when I plugged them in just now I did the channel and phase test that I always do now when something new arrives. Guess what! Right and left are reversed... and I didn't know. Luckily the shells are symmetrical so I just need to mark them correctly now.

I am enjoying the clarity and soundstage of these right now. I think they are lively and energetic.

Hmm...I wonder about the different models of EMX500. Mine is definitely warm and lush. RY4S UE by comparison is much more bright then my EMX500. The only bud I have that I would describe as warmer then it would be the Sabia V6/VUNBUD whose treble is quite rolled off.

Jun 22, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #43,057 of 75,148
Hmm...I wonder about the different models of EMX500. Mine is definitely warm and lush. RY4S UE by comparison is much more bright then my EMX500. The only bud I have that I would describe as warmer then it would be the Sabia V6/VUNBUD whose treble is quite rolled off.

My husband made two different buds for me using EMX500 drivers. He tuned one of them to have more bass than the other. I actually bought the Bro because I wanted to compare his to a commercial one. I chose this one for the color and cable combo.

I am thinking there is no one official version. Warm is such a hard thing to define or agree on anyway. If the music is relaxing, it is relaxing with these. There is no way for us to truly understand what the other person is hearing.

Still listening with the EMX500 Bro and enjoying it with some instrumental music ... the House of Cards soundtrack. Excellent.

I really need to check out today's new arrivals.... I will leave the Bro to burn in at my desk.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #43,058 of 75,148
Any of the Faaeal Offerings that might be closer to the Vido tonality? I can run balanced as well. From what I have heard, the Snow lotus 1.0 balanced 2.5mm sounds the best, but am not sure which purchase link to follow.

Jun 22, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #43,059 of 75,148
Any of the Faaeal Offerings that might be closer to the Vido tonality? I can run balanced as well. From what I have heard, the Snow lotus 1.0 balanced 2.5mm sounds the best, but am not sure which purchase link to follow.

I have this one in the transparent with black cable but not with a balanced. I did not know that was available with a balanced cable. I do love the one I have. Actually I have several Faaeals... all good.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HIF...ic-Earphones-HIFI-Earbuds-DJ/32677773445.html

Oh I found the balanced version on the Faaeal store. If the cable is the only difference I am not sure if I would get it but if balanced is important to you...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...uds-For-MP3-Player-Amplifier/32889629399.html

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #43,060 of 75,148
My husband made two different buds for me using EMX500 drivers. He tuned one of them to have more bass than the other. I actually bought the Bro because I wanted to compare his to a commercial one. Choose this one for the color and cable combo.

I am thinking there is no one official version. Warm is such a hard thing to define or agree on anyway. If the music is relaxing, it is relaxing with these. There is no way for us to truly understand what the other person is hearing.

Still listening with the EMX500 Bro and enjoying it with some instrumental music ... the House of Cards soundtrack. Excellent.

I really need to check out today's new arrivals.... I will leave the Bro to burn in at my desk.
Yup. What is neutral? What is warm? Mostly subjective. I really want to buy an EMX500 MMCX and see what effects different cables have on it. I will have to wait though. Bought to much on this sale already. Did pickup the Ry4s MMCX though.

Jun 22, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #43,061 of 75,148

I have FAAEAL Snow-lotus 1.0 Plus and would not recommend it. Maybe you should try Snow-lotus 2.0 or Rosemary 150 ohm. I heard that Willsound MK2 have a sound like Vido, but much better than Vido. Also you can try Seahf AWK-F150C. FENGRU DIY EMX500 you don't like, there sound like IEMs bass heavily hammer in the head, while Vido has air and deep bass.

Jun 22, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #43,063 of 75,148
I would love to find that cable to put on some of the buds my husband makes. We have found nothing like that... for $2 or any price. We look for cables that already have plugs and Y spitters on them already. We usually have to buy a bag of 5 or 10 to get a decent price and it is still more than you said.

You can actually find plugs that are quite expensive. You don't know what the bud builder had to pay for that.

Theres a supplier I talk to personally and get these prices, I gave away a cable like that to a friend, will try to ask for it and take a picture if you dont believe me. I truly doubt a chinese store on aliexpress would use original Oyaide plugs (the brand that the plug in the picture copies) and I have never ever seem them jump to more than 4$ unless its an obvious ripoff

Jun 22, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #43,065 of 75,148
I have FAAEAL Snow-lotus 1.0 Plus and would not recommend it. Maybe you should try Snow-lotus 2.0 or Rosemary 150 ohm. I heard that Willsound MK2 have a sound like Vido, but much better than Vido. Also you can try Seahf AWK-F150C. FENGRU DIY EMX500 you don't like, there sound like IEMs bass heavily hammer in the head, while Vido has air and deep bass.
I can not seem to purchase the will sound mk2 using a credit card. They want payment in PayPal which my country does not have. What is wrong with the snow lotus?
Also any other suggestions under 100$?

I have this one in the transparent with black cable but not with a balanced. I did not know that was available with a balanced cable. I do love the one I have. Actually I have several Faaeals... all good.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HIF...ic-Earphones-HIFI-Earbuds-DJ/32677773445.html

Oh I found the balanced version on the Faaeal store. If the cable is the only difference I am not sure if I would get it but if balanced is important to you...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...uds-For-MP3-Player-Amplifier/32889629399.html
How would you describe the highs in your buds?
Tested Rosemary today, it was a very dark earbud for me.
I don't like too much bass, just some oompf to get going. Smoothness is key. Any suggestions below 100 bucks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back