Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 22, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #43,067 of 75,442
I don't like too much bass, just some oompf to get going. Smoothness is key. Any suggestions below 100 bucks?

The only thing that comes to mind is Wong and his Blur earbuds, they seem to be what you are looking for. I owned one of his and didnt find something as smooth sounding and with better mids except the ZoomFred

Jun 22, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #43,068 of 75,442
Tested Rosemary today, it was a very dark earbud for me.

It is darkish... I love it. Maybe that is the one for @areek. 150 ohms ... needs a little power. I just use a dap with good output.

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #43,069 of 75,442
Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #43,070 of 75,442
Just go ahead and get the Smabat ST-10 while the sale is on.
Is that smooth sounding with great mids?

Also, have you heard the Vido? If yes then how similar or different is the tonality of the smabat or the rosemary compared to the Vido?

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #43,071 of 75,442

Also, have you heard the Vido? If yes then how similar or different is the tonality of the smabat or the rosemary compared to the Vido?

I have a recabled Vido. I would have to spend many hours to answer all those questions and I am tired. Plus I had two new buds come today one of which I have not even listened to yet because I listened to that EMX500. Also my ears get sore if I keep taking buds in and out. I like to put in a pair and then just get lost in the music. I don't really obsess over this stuff and I enjoy and appreciate many sound signatures. I do expect singers that I like to sound how I have heard them in concert and I expect instruments to sound as they should. A cello should sound like a cello.

Speaking of which...

The Smabat sounds pretty much perfect for me.
Just do a search on each and read the headfi reviews.

You need to describe how you perceive the tonality of your Vido. What kind of music do you listen to?

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #43,072 of 75,442
Jun 22, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #43,073 of 75,442
I have a recabled Vido. I would have to spend many hours to answer all those questions and I am tired. Plus I had two new buds come today one of which I have not even listened to yet because I listened to that EMX500. Also my ears get sore if I keep taking buds in and out. I like to put in a pair and then just get lost in the music. I don't really obsess over this stuff and I enjoy and appreciate many sound signatures. I do expect singers that I like to sound how I have heard them in concert and I expect instruments to sound as the should. A cello should sound like a cello. Speaking of which...

The Smabat sounds pretty much perfect for me.
Just do a search on each and read the headfi reviews.

You need to describe how you perceive the tonality of your Vido. What kind of music do you listen to?

couldn't agree more. people needs to listen to concerts, live shows or just simply music instruments to know what's natural sound.

if you want absolute sweet mids, get the fengru silver/tingo tg-38s, but of course it's a budget bud.

if you still want to think that vido is the best, just stick with it. plate the shells with 24k gold, put some swarovski crystals on it, and recable it to make it a $100 vido. oh wait, maybe not recabling, it might affects its sound signature.

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #43,074 of 75,442
oh wait, maybe not recabling, it might affects its sound signature.

Plus those drivers are fragile. Because of a recabling project my husband's Vido no longer has Vido drivers inside of it.

My Vido has been successfully recabled because by then he had had tons of practice.

10231982.jpg

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #43,076 of 75,442
I would not describe the ST-10 as smooth, and the mids, while great, are not the emphasis.

Might just be how they fit me, but I really enjoy the mids and do not find them to be overshadowed by anything. I honestly don't know what is meant by smooth. My music sounds like my music...

BTW, I listen to FLAC either with my desktop setup or with one of my DAPS. I have never listened with a smartphone. Some of you know that I choose not to even own one.

Listening again at my desk with the EMX500 Bro. Now that I am getting used to it, I am impressed. The albums that I have been playing are not particularly bright. There was some good drumming in some songs that sounded convincing.

Jun 22, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #43,077 of 75,442
I have FAAEAL Snow-lotus 1.0 Plus and would not recommend it. Maybe you should try Snow-lotus 2.0 or Rosemary 150 ohm. I heard that Willsound MK2 have a sound like Vido, but much better than Vido. Also you can try Seahf AWK-F150C. FENGRU DIY EMX500 you don't like, there sound like IEMs bass heavily hammer in the head, while Vido has air and deep bass.
If I might ask, why do you not recommend SL 1.0+? I have it and highly recommend it. Thanks.

Jun 22, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #43,079 of 75,442

Users who are viewing this thread

Back