1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. ValSilva
    Thank you @ClieOS always good recommendations :)

WoodyLuvr likes this.
  2. waynes world
    Spoiler: sounds like a winner! :)

mbwilson111, ValSilva and HungryPanda like this.
  3. chellity
    ValSilva likes this.
  4. waynes world
  5. mbwilson111
    HungryPanda, DBaldock9 and ValSilva like this.
  6. chellity
    I have both the mmcx pearl version and the normal base version, and I definitely love them both. Even though I dipped my feet into decent IEMs by getting some isine 10s, I still use my sabias at my computer and for gaming, because they dont need massive amounts of EQ like isines do and just sound more natural overall. I even managed to get 2 of my friends who aren't in the audio hobby to get the sabias before they sold out, and they both thought they were amazing.

For fun: a quick comparision between some ~$35 sabia mmcx earbuds vs some $150 iSine10 IEMS with version 1 and 2 cipher cable

iSine 10 with cipher cable and personalized sub bass EQ:
    +Larger soundstage width
    ++ Dynamic/Impactful sound
    ++Bass Quantity and Quality

Sabia mmcx pearl version with a 6 core copper cable (no EQ)::
    ++Natural Mid Tonality
    ++ Treble Tonality
    +Soundstage depth and Imaging (gaming)

The sabias can still hold their own in some areas even against some IEMS costing much more that need a fancy digital cable and massive amounts of EQ to sound anywhere close to normal. While I love my isine 10s for what they are, they are so reliant on the cipher cable and EQ that I just choose to use my sabias as my daily driver for computing and gaming because they just don't do anything wrong, plus are more than usable for even shooting games where you need to detect footsteps around you. They're my benchmark earbuds, still.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  7. doggiemom
    Argh, read the spoilers before they were hidden as spoilers. :triportsad: Haven't bought any buds for a few months, so will pull the trigger on this one.

ValSilva, DBaldock9 and HungryPanda like this.
  8. mbwilson111
    You have a lot of catching up to do! :)

We miss seeing you in here.

ValSilva and DBaldock9 like this.
  9. waynes world
    Very cool! I use my Sabia's nightly for sleeping. They are great for trance, and very good even at low volumes. I'm looking forward to the mmcx version so I can try them out balanced (and to have a sabia spare of course!).

10. jogawag
    HungryPanda and theoutsider like this.
  11. letlive
    I have also both, the MMCX and the basic version. The MMCX version sounds more open with a larger soundstage, but has less bass quantity. I like them both.

waynes world likes this.
  12. subwoof3r
    If I may suggest, I would never buy those kind of MMCX mount into the shells, I don't like the way it has been put. Looks incredibly fragile (the way it goes out like this), I'm sure it will break after few disconnects or even more the first time you will disconnect a cable with very hard connectors to detach. It's always much better to do these kind of DIY by ourselves (if possible of course).
    I'm sure all the sellers who takes the risk to sell those MX500 shells mounted like that will have a lot of after sale.

WoodyLuvr likes this.
  13. mbwilson111
    Do you have a photo to compare how you would do it... or have done it?

WoodyLuvr likes this.
  14. SuperMAG
    Mmm i don't quite understand, ok how is the fullness of the sound, is it big or thin sound, are the voices thick and big or thin and sharp.

How is this compared to lemon bs1.

15. chinmie
    20190620_160109.jpg

my Willsounds: MK3 and MK1. not done by me though, but by the good mr Willy himself