Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 26, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #39,436 of 75,202
I don't have the new SL1.0+ but that's my experience on the old :sunglasses: It made me buy 5 of them lmao :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
EDIT: NEVER use any foams on SL 1.0+! :)

Mine sounds great with full foams to me. Everyone is different. I can't use donuts at all. I can get them on and if someone puts them on for me, they shift in weird ways as I am getting the bud into position. They do not stay in the right place at all.

Its treble cut my ears so badly so I threw Datura X to the trash immediately :beyersmile:

I have no problems with the treble. I think the Datura X sounds great. I ordered mine after listening to the one my husband had. Liked it enough to have my own.

If you really put it in the trash you should have at least seen in someone else wanted it. If it was defective you could have probably at least arranged a partial refund. If it is not literally in the trash and you have it somewhere, consider putting in new drivers.

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #39,437 of 75,202
Everyone is different. I can't use donuts at all. I can get them on and if someone puts them on for me, they shift in weird ways as I am getting the bud into position. They do not stay in the right place at all.

I thought I was the only one having issues with shifting donut foams. They only stay in place for about two to three wears before shifting off too much for my liking. Though I'd say they sound really good in some instances. But maybe because I'm more lenient, full foams are acceptable to me even if it alters the sound a little. I can never do without foams, even with the MX500 shells. My ears are really big that way.

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #39,438 of 75,202
Been using the new transparent graphenes for like 2 weeks.
Changed to **** PT15. WOW. PT15 better mids and better separation and sounds more "hifi"
I think it's due to it's semi-open nature.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #39,439 of 75,202
Mine sounds great with full foams to me. Everyone is different. I can't use donuts at all. I can get them on and if someone puts them on for me, they shift in weird ways as I am getting the bud into position. They do not stay in the right place at all.

I have no problems with the treble. I think the Datura X sounds great. I ordered mine after listening to the one my husband had. Liked it enough to have my own.

If you really put it in the trash you should have at least seen in someone else wanted it. If it was defective you could have probably at least arranged a partial refund. If it is not literally in the trash and you have it somewhere, consider putting in new drivers.
You should try HieGi donuts, better fit. Full foams don't work for my small ears and they reduce sound quality for me :expressionless: My Datura X was actually in some trash bins lmao: my first faaeal - my worst faaeal ever :grin: Fortunately I bought SL 1.0+ after that then totally fell in love. Next was Rosemary, SL 2.0, SL 2.5mm Balanced (the best! :maybe)... They are all so good! Poor my Datura X!!! :laughing:

Jan 26, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #39,440 of 75,202
You should try HieGi donuts, better fit. Full foams don't work for my small ears and they reduce sound quality for me :expressionless: My Datura X was actually in some trash bins lmao: my first faaeal - my worst faaeal ever :grin: Fortunately I bought SL 1.0+ after that then totally fell in love. Next was Rosemary, SL 2.0, SL 2.5mm Balanced (the best! :maybe)... They are all so good! Poor my Datura X!!! :laughing:

No, no donuts will work for me.. have tried HieGi. They shift on the bud itself because with my ears I have to wiggle it around a lot to get it into the best position for me. By then the donut has shifted. I am happy with full foams.

I thought I was the only one having issues with shifting donut foams. They only stay in place for about two to three wears before shifting off too much for my liking. Though I'd say they sound really good in some instances. But maybe because I'm more lenient, full foams are acceptable to me even if it alters the sound a little. I can never do without foams, even with the MX500 shells. My ears are really big that way.

...and I thought I was the only one with shifting donuts :) I am probably more lenient as well. I just get into my music and enjoy. I have no interest in listening for faults and I enjoy various sound signatures.

Jan 26, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #39,445 of 75,202
Jan 26, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #39,446 of 75,202
Jan 26, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #39,447 of 75,202
Just had a listen to both Svara-L and Toneking TO200, Svara-L is warmer with thicker bass, TO200 is brighter with tighter bass. most surprising thing is they both need the same power yet the Svara-L is 32 ohm and the TO200 is 200 ohm

Jan 26, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #39,448 of 75,202
Just had a listen to both Svara-L and Toneking TO200, Svara-L is warmer with thicker bass, TO200 is brighter with tighter bass. most surprising thing is they both need the same power yet the Svara-L is 32 ohm and the TO200 is 200 ohm

Interesting! Which of your Tonekings could you not live without?

Jan 26, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #39,449 of 75,202
Willy and I have been PM'ing regarding ordering some Willsounds, and I have decided on the MK2.

I think I would like to order another one from him but not sure which one. From what I've read the MK3 is a little Less V shaped which might be a good contrast to the MK2. I mentioned I prefered treble NOT rolled off much, so he suggested the MK2 or MK3 or MK150, but I cannot find for impressions about the MK150.
I am not a basshead so the MK1 doesn't sound like it would be my preference.

Also, one of the PK's (pk16 or pk32) sound appealling due to the small shape for comfort, but they might be a compromise to the sound? Willy said the pk32 was warmer than the pk16, with the pk16 having a brighter signature which might be more up my alley?

Any recommendations for one to order along with the MK2? TIA!

Jan 26, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #39,450 of 75,202
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back