Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 25, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #39,421 of 75,325
that descriptions are indeed a little misleading

Is it possible they made a revision recently?

Anyway, I'm returning it either way. I may order the Snow Lotus since people seem to like it.

I ordered the PMV B01 AOEDE from Penon along with Kanas Pro this week and should have it Monday. I've read good things about this one too.

Jan 25, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #39,422 of 75,325
Chinmie made a bunch of posts about each one awhile ago, use the search function to find his posts regarding willsound.

Thanks! i found some good comments.

Jan 25, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #39,423 of 75,325
Jan 25, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #39,424 of 75,325
Just got my Willsound Mk2 with VJC cable in 2.5mm balanced, it came in a white shell instead of the black one in photos, doesn't bother me and the paint coating feels great! Can't wait to listen to these more, but so far I'm very impressed with the detail and it's composure at higher volumes. Also at the price the build quality is fantastic, the 2.5mm plug used is great, the cable is very supple, light, and malleable. Will definitely buy more in the future.

I'm listening to the new James Blake album through Jriver out a Fiio q5, super happy to have these in my work rotation :ksc75smile:

Jan 25, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #39,425 of 75,325
Is it possible they made a revision recently?

Anyway, I'm returning it either way. I may order the Snow Lotus since people seem to like it.

I ordered the PMV B01 AOEDE from Penon along with Kanas Pro this week and should have it Monday. I've read good things about this one too.

it's a possibility with these chifi gears. there's an anecdote between my group of friends, that with chifi the first batch is usually the best, because after a couple of runs they might run out of parts and start substituting and altering the sound/quality in the process. this is not always true of course, and also this is not restricted to chifi gears only, as i found certain guitar gears/effects pedal also have this tendency of silently changing the parts without informing it

haven't tried the PMV, but the Kanas Pro is great, especially if you like Harman response sounding earphones. it's like a more smoother/polite ER4XR. go with the regular if you like more bass attack and treble bite. but seeing you already bought the Pro, i don't think owning the regular too would be necessarily efficient

Jan 26, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #39,426 of 75,325
My experience is different. I found that the 1.0+ is more v-shaped with elevated highs highs and lows than the 1.0, which I adjusted with EQ to my preferred signature as I always do. But in other respects (soundstage, separation, imaging) they sound similarly impressive to me.
I don't have the new SL1.0+ but that's my experience on the old :sunglasses: It made me buy 5 of them lmao :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
EDIT: NEVER use any foams on SL 1.0+! :)

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #39,427 of 75,325
Watch it, or you'll wear your ass off!

One thing I'll agree with you on is that the 1.0+'s are really good. I also love the cable.

I'm going to do some ab'ing between the Datura X'a and 1.0+'s before I get into the Datura X debate.
Its treble cut my ears so badly so I threw Datura X to the trash immediately :beyersmile:

Jan 26, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #39,428 of 75,325
Just got my Willsound Mk2 with VJC cable in 2.5mm balanced, it came in a white shell instead of the black one in photos, doesn't bother me and the paint coating feels great! Can't wait to listen to these more, but so far I'm very impressed with the detail and it's composure at higher volumes. Also at the price the build quality is fantastic, the 2.5mm plug used is great, the cable is very supple, light, and malleable. Will definitely buy more in the future.

I'm listening to the new James Blake album through Jriver out a Fiio q5, super happy to have these in my work rotation :ksc75smile:
I've recently rediscovered his work when I downloaded all his albums in lossless. Really love his music style, the new album I have yet to listen to but all his stuff sounds excellent to me.

Especially with some great dynamic bassy earbuds like the mk2!

Jan 26, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #39,430 of 75,325
I don't have the new SL1.0+ but that's my experience on the old :sunglasses: It made me buy 5 of them lmao :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
EDIT: NEVER use any foams on SL 1.0+! :)

Tried them with no foams. Doesn't work for me (no seal, no bass). Donuts seems to be great.

Its treble cut my ears so badly so I threw Datura X to the trash immediately :beyersmile:

I'm a bit more tolerant than you are lol, but the highs can at times be problematic for me as well.

That’s funny, I think the Datura X is their best bud...but I don’t have the 1.0, just the 2.0 Snow Lotus and Narciccus.

Snag the 1.0+ while you can and let us know what you think!

Jan 26, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #39,432 of 75,325
The SL 1.0+ isn't available at the moment. Faaeal told me they might produce another batch next month.

Jan 26, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #39,433 of 75,325
Tried them with no foams. Doesn't work for me (no seal, no bass). Donuts seems to be great.

I'm a bit more tolerant than you are lol, but the highs can at times be problematic for me as well.

Hmmmm.. weird I'm wondering if we even have the same bud or if they drastically changed the design...

My datura x is great! Definitely on the warm side but great bass and excellent instrument separation... Highs I would say are laid back and smooth...

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #39,434 of 75,325
Hmmmm.. weird I'm wondering if we even have the same bud or if they drastically changed the design...

My datura x is great! Definitely on the warm side but great bass and excellent instrument separation... Highs I would say are laid back and smooth...
Wth? Are there many different versions of Datura X? My X's treble is wayyyyyy too harsh that I can't stand :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back