1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. Ira Delphic
    A nice alternative to the Vido is Yincrow x6. To my ears similar sound. and the build quality is a step up - aesthetics maybe - cable, plug are a step up. and no J. For fit both work for me.

HungryPanda and DBaldock9 like this.
  2. seanc6441
    More likely it sounded worse because the damage to the lip ruined the airtight seal. Or the cable was of a thicker/thinner gauge creating a different level of dampening to the back wave air pressure which would have a notable effect on the sound.

I have a hard time believing a properly functioning cable can ruin the sound.

mbwilson111 and DBaldock9 like this.
  3. pr0b3r
    I'm inclined to believe that it was the cable since the shell's lip wasn't that badly damaged. The sound was still even on both left and right, if I'm hearing correctly. Another thing why I think it's the cable is because I had him use a stock 2.5mm cable from my old TY Hi-Z. It was a lot more thin compared to the machine braided cable on a stock EMX500.

4. pr0b3r
    By the way, are there any good sounding but cheap earbuds in Japan that are easily accessible on Amazon or Rakuten (or any other local online stores)? I have a friend (who's not into audio stuff) who might be able to order for me. Any suggestions? Please no skyrocketing priced buds! lol

5. seanc6441
    Then it's a faulty cable maybe. I've tried horribly flimsy cheap cables on drivers to test if they are working and it doesn't ruin the sound as you are suggesting. I'm not saying it will sound perfect but it definitely sounds as expected.

Whether you agree with cables changing sound is not relevant, cheap cables won't destroy the sound that much from what I've observed. You get generally the same basic stock sound regardless of which budget cable you use unless it's faulty.

Just my two cents.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    pr0b3r likes this.
  6. pr0b3r
    I may never find out what really caused the bad sound unless I repeat the same scenario. I just bought another pair of EMX and chose to forget the ruined unit. Good thing these buds still come cheap. Thanks for your input, by the way.

seanc6441 likes this.
  7. silverfishla
    Maybe he wired them wrong. That can easily be done with 2.5 trrs.

HungryPanda and mbwilson111 like this.
  8. Hououin Kyouma
    SL 1.0+ is far more better sound wise: much better soundstage, much better mids, better clarity, better separation, bass is more punchy and very well response... treble extension is also better lmao :laughing:

9. waynes world
    Watch it, or you'll wear your ass off!

One thing I'll agree with you on is that the 1.0+'s are really good. I also love the cable.

I'm going to do some ab'ing between the Datura X'a and 1.0+'s before I get into the Datura X debate.

10. Willber
    My experience is different. I found that the 1.0+ is more v-shaped with elevated highs highs and lows than the 1.0, which I adjusted with EQ to my preferred signature as I always do. But in other respects (soundstage, separation, imaging) they sound similarly impressive to me.

Ira Delphic likes this.
  11. Blueshound24
    Would anyone be able to provide a description of sound characteristics of the different Willsound buds?

Chris674 likes this.
  12. seanc6441
    Chinmie made a bunch of posts about each one awhile ago, use the search function to find his posts regarding willsound.

13. jogawag
    subwoof3r, wskl and HungryPanda like this.
  14. antdroid
    Is it possible they made a revision recently?

Anyway, I'm returning it either way. I may order the Snow Lotus since people seem to like it.

I ordered the PMV B01 AOEDE from Penon along with Kanas Pro this week and should have it Monday. I've read good things about this one too.

ValSilva likes this.
  15. Blueshound24
    Thanks! i found some good comments.