1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. snip3r77
    yes this , the newer cheaper one.

2. HungryPanda
    subwoof3r and jogawag like this.
  3. snip3r77
    just to confuse or enable you. Wilsound actually told me that he uses MK1 as a daily driver

4. waynes world
    Ever heard of the term "enabler"?
    :thumbsup:

j4100 likes this.
  5. waynes world
    If any of you want to make all of your earbuds sound fantastic off of your computer (or at least, as fantastic as they are gonna sound), get the Massdrop Grace SDAC ($100) and the Monoprice Monolith Liquid Spark (by Cavalli) ($100). 100% recommended!

I've been a bit late to the "decent desktop dac and amp" party (I'm cheap lol), but both the SDAC and the Spark are amazing audio gizmos. And when the price is is taken into consideration, my mind is blown. On one hand I am glad that there is such great sounding gear these days for such a good price. On the other hand, I wish that I had made this kind of jump earlier (although it would have cost a lot more, even a few years ago).

I'm sure that there are other great sounding dac + amp combos out there for decent prices, but this combo is working for me!

nick n and subwoof3r like this.
  6. DBaldock9
    @seanc6441 - Which type of Hole Punch are you using for modifying earbud foams?
    I just bought a hole punch from Office Depot, and it only cuts a partial hole.

subwoof3r likes this.
  7. palestofwhite
    I bought a hole punch for paper from AE and it doesn't work well too... :frowning2:

DBaldock9 likes this.
  8. golov17
    Auto Gain maybe...

9. golov17
    kadas152 and darmanastartes like this.
  10. silverfishla
    David, use a soldering iron with a small tip. It’s easier to control the the size of the holes and faster. You can do like 10 of them in a minute.

11. doggiemom
    He for sure has one lying around....... probably with multiple tips for fine tuning. :ksc75smile:

purplesun, HungryPanda and DBaldock9 like this.
  12. DBaldock9
    Merlin-PT likes this.
  13. seanc6441
    I was using a precise scissors to cut them. A hold punch is too big I find.

Someone recommend using a leather punch and another recommended a metal pen.

I haven't been using or making these kinds of foam lately though so it's been awhile since I made them.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  14. seanc6441
    DBaldock9 likes this.
  15. waynes world