Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 19, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #38,356 of 75,861
They are the base Sabia V6 Experimentals with no modifications, so they are not technically the Vunbuds. But they are still great. And they only cost $18 US total (after shipping), so a pretty good price.

They are great. My buddy got them for me, and I bought a backup pair (you can get them off of ebay here).

The Sabia V6's sound very similar to the RY4S UE, but they have stronger bass and slightly more elevated highs. So if you'd like a slightly more V-shaped RY4S, these are the ones. The bass can really get thumping when called for, but without sounding like a muddy/boomy mess, so they are pretty amazing in that regard. Bassheads rejoice!

My buddy also introduced me to the Kube a while ago, and just recently the Kube2. Both are really different and cool beasts. They both have a fair amount of bass and nice mids (they excel in Chinmie's "Let Down" test lol). The Kube's highs are a bit more elevated than the Kube2's, but neither are too elevated, are both detailed, and are both non-fatiguing. The Kube2's seem overall warmer and are even more non-fatiguing, so they are great for long term sessions. What's also cool about them is that they both have big soundstages, with the Kube's soundstage being somewhat surreal.

Anyway, here they all are along with the RY4S UE:

What are you not liking about the Vunbud?
The things are beautiful. The cable is fantastic. The mids are boxy and a bit veiled. Gobs and gobs of bass though. Very little treble. Weird sound sig.

Dec 19, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #38,358 of 75,861
The Sabia V6's sound very similar to the RY4S UE, but they have stronger bass and slightly more elevated highs. So if you'd like a slightly more V-shaped RY4S, these are the ones. The bass can really get thumping when called for, but without sounding like a muddy/boomy mess, so they are pretty amazing in that regard. Bassheads rejoice!
Thanks for that. I'm not a V-shape fan (I use EQ to bring out the mids where I think most of the interesting music is) so I'll probably give these a miss.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #38,359 of 75,861
The things are beautiful. The cable is fantastic. The mids are boxy and a bit veiled. Gobs and gobs of bass though. Very little treble. Weird sound sig.

Huh! Your Vunbuds don't sound like the Sabia V6's that I have. Mine have ample treble (in fact, it might be a bit much for some), and the mids aren't boxy as far as I can tell.

Thanks for that. I'm not a V-shape fan (I use EQ to bring out the mids where I think most of the interesting music is) so I'll probably give these a miss.

Makes sense. To clarify though, the mids on the V6's are not recessed, but they do take a bit farther back in the mix than the bass and treble.

I hadn't had a chance to listen to trance with the Sabia's before now, but yeah baby! Funbuds!

Dec 19, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #38,360 of 75,861
I hadn't had a chance to listen to trance with the Sabia's before now, but yeah baby! Funbuds!

Yup, for electronic music like trance, the Sabia V6 Experimentals are "Funbuds" indeed!

If you love the Datura X's, but want more mid-bass and a bit less forward highs, these are for you :)

Dec 19, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #38,363 of 75,861
Hello guys! what would you say is the difference in sound signature between FAAEAL snow lotus 1.0 and ry4s UE ? also, do both of them use the mx500 style housing or is one smaller than the other?
Quick answer - they use the same housing.
I prefer (as I've posted before) the SL 1.0 but would say that the RY4S UE has marginally the better bass definition.
But the SL is the only bud that I prefer to my AKG K702 which cost 20x the price!

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #38,365 of 75,861
Two weeks ago my FENGRU DIY EMX500 Bro left the country. Today it arrived in this country. That was one long flight!!!!!

Have you had any air traffic controller strikes? :wink:

Dec 19, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #38,366 of 75,861
Dec 19, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #38,367 of 75,861
I wanted some true wireless earbuds but couldn't find anything I liked, so I did this.

10214603.jpg

Heatgun and some patience. YMMV. It didn't go 100% perfect (due to my own impatience), the 'left' MMCX connector had the formed inner plastic tube/liner come free so it rotates a bit. Nothing that seems to affect use.

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #38,368 of 75,861
Any chifi MX985 (fengru tingo or whatever) out there???

Big love story for me (or sudden ephemeral passion will see).

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #38,369 of 75,861
Well, after Swedish customs became strict and added import tax and customs fees to ALL packages from outside the EU, no matter the declared value, I have to start to settle with what is good enough. :cry:

Need to petition Jays to start making earbuds- even if it didn't sound good it would almost certainly be comfortable and look hip :sunglasses:

Dec 20, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #38,370 of 75,861
I wanted some true wireless earbuds but couldn't find anything I liked, so I did this.

10214603.jpg

Heatgun and some patience. YMMV. It didn't go 100% perfect (due to my own impatience), the 'left' MMCX connector had the formed inner plastic tube/liner come free so it rotates a bit. Nothing that seems to affect use.

try the Sabbat X12 pro. it is the closest to a true wireless earbuds right now. great sound for the price also great functionality and battery life

Users who are viewing this thread

Back