1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. bonson
    Eagerly want to try this SR2 but there are stuck at custom for now. It could be a new bargain for me after the rys4 hi version.

jogawag likes this.
  2. jogawag
    I'm sure you will like the natural bass sound of SR2, so please try SR2 even if later.
    I think that if you negotiate eagerly with seller you can cut down to $13.
    If you will really like the sound of SR2 (after 200 hour burn-in), I'd like to ask you an small review.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  3. bonson
    i am not good at describing sound signature but i will try in few words.

jogawag likes this.
  4. jogawag
    Thank you!
    Also I am not good at describing sound signature.:ksc75smile:

5. waynes world
    You'll get as many answers as there are earbuds lol. How much do you want to spend?

The ES100 is a great gizmo though - love it!

Yup, the Svara L's (32 ohms) and RY4S UE's are both great (for prices).

DBaldock9 likes this.
  6. WoodyLuvr
    Many great suggestions already. You might consider a pair of Blurs by Wong Kuan Wae (Instagram @ hennagaijin_boleh7) and I am very much liking my PureSounds PS100-600S ear buds.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  7. nick n
    DSCF0024.JPG

EarKube 2.0 a.k.a. Kube2

Special import from Indonesia :) with the help of a most excellent seller.

Redcarmoose did an excellent job in the review, not much more I can add, the exceptional review covers it all.
    https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kube-2.22577/

GREQ, subwoof3r, golov17 and 3 others like this.
  8. waynes world
    They are the base Sabia V6 Experimentals with no modifications, so they are not technically the Vunbuds. But they are still great. And they only cost $18 US total (after shipping), so a pretty good price.

They are great. My buddy got them for me, and I bought a backup pair (you can get them off of ebay here).

The Sabia V6's sound very similar to the RY4S UE, but they have stronger bass and slightly more elevated highs. So if you'd like a slightly more V-shaped RY4S, these are the ones. The bass can really get thumping when called for, but without sounding like a muddy/boomy mess, so they are pretty amazing in that regard. Bassheads rejoice!

My buddy also introduced me to the Kube a while ago, and just recently the Kube2. Both are really different and cool beasts. They both have a fair amount of bass and nice mids (they excel in Chinmie's "Let Down" test lol). The Kube's highs are a bit more elevated than the Kube2's, but neither are too elevated, are both detailed, and are both non-fatiguing. The Kube2's seem overall warmer and are even more non-fatiguing, so they are great for long term sessions. What's also cool about them is that they both have big soundstages, with the Kube's soundstage being somewhat surreal.

Anyway, here they all are along with the RY4S UE:

20181218_164232_resized.jpg

What are you not liking about the Vunbud?

9. waynes world
    Hey there buddy! :)

nick n likes this.
  10. nick n
    ha!

Better get on that Sabia link I seem to have slipped with my mouse trigger.
    Though I asume they may have more in reserve?
    It's backup sets for me and gift time for a couple lucky folks I know who would not otherwise try them at all.
    I'd not bother if they didn't sound like this ( I'm getting fussy these days ).

I have the Sabias on right now actually listening to some New Retro Wave tunes. Went for a walk with them and forgot to take them off when I came in.
    Just kept on listening.

=== Doggiemom is right they do "bring it" , and it's both quality and quantity. ( I notice she also got a second set, as did waynesworld! )

For the KUBE v1 and KUBE2 I echo everything you said.
    I was expecting overblown murky sound but NOT SO
    It's a crime they are not more available except from a few eastern countires, Indonesia in particular.
    Hmm funny thing that Sabia link is from there. hmmm :)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    doggiemom likes this.
  11. atmosfearz
  12. jogawag
    I recommend you "DIY SR2 16ohm TPE wire" as comfortable PK-Type small housing earbuds in AliExpress with about $15.
    I think that if you negotiate eagerly with seller you can cut down to $13.

atmosfearz likes this.
  13. atmosfearz
    Ok, thanks, gonna try too.

jogawag likes this.
  14. BadReligionPunk
    The things are beautiful. The cable is fantastic. The mids are boxy and a bit veiled. Gobs and gobs of bass though. Very little treble. Weird sound sig.

15. jogawag
    Then please let me know your impressions of "SR2" after 200 hours burn-in.