Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 18, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #38,343 of 75,342
I recommend "DIY SR2 16ohm TPE wire" in AliExpress with about $15.
The strong bass sound as PK-type fits for busier genres such as metal, hard rock etc. And this earbuds are not bright.
I recommended this silver plated cable version before, but it seemed that sounded a bit too bright.

This earbuds need 200 hours burn-in.

This Earbuds looks cheap according to the price, but you will be amazed by this powerful bass and wide sound stage.
I feel this to sound comparable to SWD2+ and I have been using this all the time especially outdoor for the last 3 months.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item//32801646835.html
Select the 2nd in "Color:".
Eagerly want to try this SR2 but there are stuck at custom for now. It could be a new bargain for me after the rys4 hi version.

Dec 18, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #38,344 of 75,342
Eagerly want to try this SR2 but there are stuck at custom for now. It could be a new bargain for me after the rys4 hi version.

I'm sure you will like the natural bass sound of SR2, so please try SR2 even if later.
I think that if you negotiate eagerly with seller you can cut down to $13.
If you will really like the sound of SR2 (after 200 hour burn-in), I'd like to ask you an small review.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #38,345 of 75,342
I'm sure you will like the natural bass sound of SR2, so please try SR2 even if later.
I think that if you negotiate eagerly with seller you can cut down to $13.
If you will really like the sound of SR2 (after 200 hour burn-in), I'd like to ask you an small review.
i am not good at describing sound signature but i will try in few words.

Dec 18, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #38,347 of 75,342
Hello, can anyone suggest some really good earbuds for ES100 (I've just decided to not take Pro82 everywhere). This thread is a really mess, I gave up after ~200 pages. Firstly, my sight was on Rose Masya (It looks fabulous), but then I found a lot of choices, like DX3s, EBX, Linsoul BLD, BS1, E1008. Most of my music are rock.

You'll get as many answers as there are earbuds lol. How much do you want to spend?

The ES100 is a great gizmo though - love it!

Hello!
Check the list in my signature. Some that are amazing: Svara L, TY HI-z 650ohms, RW-9, RY4S UE Cable and many others. Depends on how much do you want to pay.
Cheers

Yup, the Svara L's (32 ohms) and RY4S UE's are both great (for prices).

Dec 18, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #38,348 of 75,342
Hello, can anyone suggest some really good earbuds for ES100 (I've just decided to not take Pro82 everywhere). This thread is a really mess, I gave up after ~200 pages. Firstly, my sight was on Rose Masya (It looks fabulous), but then I found a lot of choices, like DX3s, EBX, Linsoul BLD, BS1, E1008. Most of my music are rock.
Many great suggestions already. You might consider a pair of Blurs by Wong Kuan Wae (Instagram @ hennagaijin_boleh7) and I am very much liking my PureSounds PS100-600S ear buds.

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #38,349 of 75,342
DSCF0024.JPG

EarKube 2.0 a.k.a. Kube2

Special import from Indonesia :) with the help of a most excellent seller.

Redcarmoose did an excellent job in the review, not much more I can add, the exceptional review covers it all.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kube-2.22577/

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #38,350 of 75,342
Yeh! You got them! What do you think????? I ordered a second pair for work, now that they seem to be in stock consistently. IMHO they are a great bang for the buck.

They are the base Sabia V6 Experimentals with no modifications, so they are not technically the Vunbuds. But they are still great. And they only cost $18 US total (after shipping), so a pretty good price.

I can't find much info about these. Any chance of a (very) brief comparison with some other budget buds?

They are great. My buddy got them for me, and I bought a backup pair (you can get them off of ebay here).

The Sabia V6's sound very similar to the RY4S UE, but they have stronger bass and slightly more elevated highs. So if you'd like a slightly more V-shaped RY4S, these are the ones. The bass can really get thumping when called for, but without sounding like a muddy/boomy mess, so they are pretty amazing in that regard. Bassheads rejoice!

My buddy also introduced me to the Kube a while ago, and just recently the Kube2. Both are really different and cool beasts. They both have a fair amount of bass and nice mids (they excel in Chinmie's "Let Down" test lol). The Kube's highs are a bit more elevated than the Kube2's, but neither are too elevated, are both detailed, and are both non-fatiguing. The Kube2's seem overall warmer and are even more non-fatiguing, so they are great for long term sessions. What's also cool about them is that they both have big soundstages, with the Kube's soundstage being somewhat surreal.

Anyway, here they all are along with the RY4S UE:

20181218_164232_resized.jpg

Any comparisons to Vunbud? Got Vunbud a few weeks ago, and not a huge fan, but still burning.

What are you not liking about the Vunbud?

Dec 18, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #38,351 of 75,342
Dec 18, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #38,352 of 75,342
ha!

Better get on that Sabia link I seem to have slipped with my mouse trigger.
Though I asume they may have more in reserve?
It's backup sets for me and gift time for a couple lucky folks I know who would not otherwise try them at all.
I'd not bother if they didn't sound like this ( I'm getting fussy these days ).

I have the Sabias on right now actually listening to some New Retro Wave tunes. Went for a walk with them and forgot to take them off when I came in.
Just kept on listening.

=== Doggiemom is right they do "bring it" , and it's both quality and quantity. ( I notice she also got a second set, as did waynesworld! )

For the KUBE v1 and KUBE2 I echo everything you said.
I was expecting overblown murky sound but NOT SO
It's a crime they are not more available except from a few eastern countires, Indonesia in particular.
Hmm funny thing that Sabia link is from there. hmmm :)

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #38,353 of 75,342
Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #38,354 of 75,342
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back