1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. Willber
    Thanks for that. I'm not a V-shape fan (I use EQ to bring out the mids where I think most of the interesting music is) so I'll probably give these a miss.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  2. waynes world
    Huh! Your Vunbuds don't sound like the Sabia V6's that I have. Mine have ample treble (in fact, it might be a bit much for some), and the mids aren't boxy as far as I can tell.

Makes sense. To clarify though, the mids on the V6's are not recessed, but they do take a bit farther back in the mix than the bass and treble.

I hadn't had a chance to listen to trance with the Sabia's before now, but yeah baby! Funbuds!

nick n, Willber and golov17 like this.
  3. waynes world
    Yup, for electronic music like trance, the Sabia V6 Experimentals are "Funbuds" indeed!

If you love the Datura X's, but want more mid-bass and a bit less forward highs, these are for you :)

nick n likes this.
  4. toear
    ... sidenote.

What are fellow Canucks doing for their earbud sources as it seems most Aliexpres sellers still not reinstated free shipping...?

thanks!

:)

5. ROPVWV
    Hello guys! what would you say is the difference in sound signature between FAAEAL snow lotus 1.0 and ry4s UE ? also, do both of them use the mx500 style housing or is one smaller than the other?

6. Willber
    Quick answer - they use the same housing.
    I prefer (as I've posted before) the SL 1.0 but would say that the RY4S UE has marginally the better bass definition.
    But the SL is the only bud that I prefer to my AKG K702 which cost 20x the price!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    HungryPanda and mbwilson111 like this.
  7. mbwilson111
    Two weeks ago my FENGRU DIY EMX500 Bro left the country. Today it arrived in this country. That was one long flight!!!!!

j4100, HungryPanda and waynes world like this.
  8. DBaldock9
    Have you had any air traffic controller strikes? :wink:

9. mbwilson111
    So if that happens, they just leave the planes in the air? lol

10. assassin10000
    I wanted some true wireless earbuds but couldn't find anything I liked, so I did this.

[​IMG]

Heatgun and some patience. YMMV. It didn't go 100% perfect (due to my own impatience), the 'left' MMCX connector had the formed inner plastic tube/liner come free so it rotates a bit. Nothing that seems to affect use.

KarmaPhala, cathee, DBaldock9 and 6 others like this.
  11. NymPHONOmaniac
    Any chifi MX985 (fengru tingo or whatever) out there???

Big love story for me (or sudden ephemeral passion will see).

12. Raketen
    Need to petition Jays to start making earbuds- even if it didn't sound good it would almost certainly be comfortable and look hip :sunglasses:

DBaldock9 likes this.
  13. chinmie
    try the Sabbat X12 pro. it is the closest to a true wireless earbuds right now. great sound for the price also great functionality and battery life

14. assassin10000
    I saw those but not quite what I was looking for (I think). Plus I don't typically like 'wings' to hold anything in my ears, I have yet to find any that fit well and are comfortable for long use.

How would you describe the sound on them?

15. chinmie
    i personally don't use the wings at all because it sits really nice on my ears. I've done handstands and running with it and it will not fall off. but mind you this is earpod type of fitting. if you can use earpods and similar products comfortably, this would be no problem at all.

the sound is warm and nicely balanced, vocals are clear sits just nicely in volume compared to the bass and treble. bass is deep, but won't reach vido level or iem's, it's about on the same league as the PT15 in bass (the sabbat being a bit bigger and warmer in bass)

this is one of that leap of faith purchases, as i never hear it before and never read any reviews that i can trust about it. and it turns out to be a really satisfying purchase

Willber likes this.