Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 11, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #34,696 of 75,543
..and very soft and flexible. Love the black that I got. I wonder if both colors are being sent randomly.
I partly did it because I enjoyed the mystery and suspense:)
I did it because I was chatting to jim about a different product when he mentioned this mystery bud and I took about 5 seconds to consider it and once I saw the price I just clicked buy lol.

Was too cheap to pass up on.

Sep 11, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #34,697 of 75,543
I partly did it because I enjoyed the mystery and suspense:)

You should try the mystery and suspense of using PostNord in Sweden. Then you'll never know when or even IF you receive your items.

Still nothing on the Blox TM9. It arrived in Stockholm on the 31st of August. Now close to 2 weeks without a sign of life, but when I called PostNord about it I was advised to wait a bit longer. It can take another 2 weeks before it's even handled. I do not even dare to think about what happens if the package has been lost. PostNord worked okay until they started charging import fees and customs on all packages from outside the EU in March this year. After that it has become bloody awful.

Looks like I'll have let earbuds be shipped to my mother in law in Japan and pick it up whenever we go there to visit...

Sep 11, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #34,699 of 75,543
Looks like I'll have let earbuds be shipped to my mother in law in Japan and pick it up whenever we go there to visit...

That sounds like it would be less stressful.

Sep 11, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #34,700 of 75,543
....BS1 were another "almost" buy - would have loved to have heard jazz etc on them - but the heavy/fatiguing cable seemed like a deal-breaker!

Was listening to some Mingus on the BS1 earlier today and can confirm it's a very nice set for jazz. Just lovely.

The cable is heavy but it's not unmanageable for me (I've walked the dog with them in without any issues, for instance).

Sep 11, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #34,701 of 75,543
My daily drug...

TM9.jpg

:)

Sep 11, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #34,703 of 75,543
I'm not exactly sure why, but for me the emx500 shells are uncomfortable to sleep with, whereas I can (and do) sleep with the graphenes. I think they shell sizes are comparable, but the graphene stems are a bit thinner, which might be what makes the difference for me.

Btw, thank goodness my better half is trained to accept buds stuffed into my ears when I go to sleep, because I don't think I could sleep very well without them. When nothing is playing, they block out a bit of sound which I find helpful. But when higher volume sound wakes me up and really annoys me (damned cat for example, or better half getting up early to go to work), I just press the power button on my X3 and a few seconds later the trance goodness is soothing me to sleep again :)

Edit: I'll have to try the monk lites for sleeping with - they might have the perfect size shell/stems.

I think the Graphenes are a slightly smaller shell than the MX500. I too can very comfortably wear the Graphenes, but I sure as heck cannot do that with my VE Monk+.

I'm also having problems getting a cozy fit with the Yincrow RW-777. They can sound fantastic if I continually put pressure on them in my ears, but the minute I take my fingers off of the housing, they start to sound thin like its not properly sealing correctly. I'm going to give donuts another try on these.

Sep 11, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #34,705 of 75,543
If anyone has heard the full size Focal Elear, could you recommend an earbud that has a similar sound signature? I realize it's apples to oranges, but maybe something somewhat close.

Or something similar to the Denon D7000 which I find somewhat similar to the Elear. Those two are probably my favorites.

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #34,706 of 75,543
I think the Graphenes are a slightly smaller shell than the MX500. I too can very comfortably wear the Graphenes, but I sure as heck cannot do that with my VE Monk+.

I'm also having problems getting a cozy fit with the Yincrow RW-777. They can sound fantastic if I continually put pressure on them in my ears, but the minute I take my fingers off of the housing, they start to sound thin like its not properly sealing correctly. I'm going to give donuts another try on these.
VE donuts ve donuts ve donuts lol

Much more sealing and bring out the low end.

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #34,707 of 75,543
If anyone has heard the full size Focal Elear, could you recommend an earbud that has a similar sound signature? I realize it's apples to oranges, but maybe something somewhat close.

Or something similar to the Denon D7000 which I find somewhat similar to the Elear. Those two are probably my favorites.
You're gonna have to give a budget here, do you want something high end or what?

Sep 11, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #34,709 of 75,543
They are just more popular in Asia it seems, but they are becoming more popular recently, regardless of location.

Look, the simphonio d2+ on massdrop for $200 (rrp $310) is a high end earbud. I'm not gonna just say get it, but it's going to be easy to resell at that price if you ever needed too.

But its too high quality to use as a beater bud, a sleeping bud etc. And consisering what your cat did to the pk3... I'd be very cautious of spending over$50 in your situation lol...

I wouldn't be too grossed out, they dont insert into the ear canal like iems so its not like they will be getting waxy lol

Also most people use foams from day one so they aren't actually touching the shell off their ear. Plus a simple clean with an antibactieral wipe would do the job.

Be sure to look at pictures in the FS section to see what the condition is, some people sell buds in like new condition for fair prices. Worth a shot!

Yeah that's not a bad idea. While I wait on one of the Ali-express buds I'll give those Edifiers a try... H185 over H190?

Sep 11, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #34,710 of 75,543
My daily drug...

:)

i have a friend who constantly nag me to get the TM9. yesterday he bought it and showed them off, but doesn't give impressions nor let me borrow it (really mischievous) ...this thread isn't helping either :joy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back