Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 26, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #41,806 of 75,363
The HP760 earbud (prototype; left on the photo with my old Sennheiser MX-560 on the right). When @HungryPanda kindly gave them to me in London (sea level, humid climate) the left earpiece's bass didn't work and only caused a crackling sound. 6 weeks later in Calgary (1100 m above sea level, semi-arid climate), the earbuds suddenly work perfectly fine.

I can only speculate it was moisture that had caused the issue.

Oh...and the HP760 sound better than the Senns.

IMG_7690.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #41,807 of 75,363
The HungryPanda HP760 earbud (left on the photo with the Sennheiser MX-560 on the right): it features a QIGOM 15.4 mm driver. When @HungryPanda gave them to me in London (sea level, humid climate) the left earpiece's bass didn't work and only caused a crackling sound. 6 weeks later in Calgary (1100 m above sea level, semi-arid climate), the earbuds suddenly work perfectly fine.

Wow I am glad they are working ok as I tested them when I made them and they were fine then

Apr 26, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #41,808 of 75,363
Hum hum.
Unlucky NymPHONO always get bad quality check earbuds....and begin to be mad about it.
My EBX was having some issue with MMCX connection but finally heal by himself....thanks God.

Now its the ST-10, with both buds...intermittent disconnection that make it hell to use.

Honnestly: any of you got this issue???? Any way to solve it?

Apr 26, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #41,810 of 75,363
Hum hum.
Unlucky NymPHONO always get bad quality check earbuds....and begin to be mad about it.
My EBX was having some issue with MMCX connection but finally heal by himself....thanks God.

Now its the ST-10, with both buds...intermittent disconnection that make it hell to use.

Honnestly: any of you got this issue???? Any way to solve it?

There are more posts about it if you keep reading.... Smabat is prepared to replace those with problem... they think it is their fault ..

I don't have a problem but you didn't either at the beginning did you?

Apr 26, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #41,811 of 75,363
People are contacting smabat and NiceHCK and are getiing replacements

Should I? or, actually you as you ordered them. is it likely to happen since I have the early batch too?

Apr 26, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #41,814 of 75,363
There are more posts about it if you keep reading.... Smabat is prepared to replace those with problem... they think it is their fault ..

I don't have a problem but you didn't either at the beginning did you?
At the begining, it was first impressions, I was thinking it was the cable and yeah, it was less problematic, just one side and now that I test with all my cable I conclude its worst and not possible to repair. Hum, yeah replacement....I understandits first batch and might be solve in next one. They sound fabulous (not metallic at all LOL and i enjoy Bach cello sonata with it ALOT:wink:)

Apr 26, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #41,815 of 75,363
At the begining, it was first impressions, I was thinking it was the cable and yeah, it was less problematic, just one side and now that I test with all my cable I conclude its worst and not possible to repair. Hum, yeah replacement....I understandits first batch and might be solve in next one. They sound fabulous (not metallic at all LOL and i enjoy Bach cello sonata with it ALOT:wink:)

I think people are contacting Smabat directly and I know at least one person was told they do not need to send it back. I know some sellers like a video of you smashing the faulty ones so they know you aren't just trying to get an extra one.

You certainly can't enjoy your music with the crackling now .

Apr 26, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #41,816 of 75,363
The HungryPanda HP760 earbud (prototype; left on the photo with the Sennheiser MX-560 on the right). When @HungryPanda gave them to me in London (sea level, humid climate) the left earpiece's bass didn't work and only caused a crackling sound. 6 weeks later in Calgary (1100 m above sea level, semi-arid climate), the earbuds suddenly work perfectly fine.

Really nice that you meet the Panda, this creature is know to hide himself very well.

In another hand, man, OTTO, do you plan to buy a portable DAC-AMP or a DAP one day?? Dragonfly isn't very powerfull, I guess its a little more powerfull than Audirect beam....but still, i'm an ultimate believer that its better to have too much (stable) power than just enough when it come to earbuds or headphones. I push technoidFR to try something else than its phone and I think it kinda change his life.

Apr 26, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #41,817 of 75,363
.but still, i'm an ultimate believer that its better to have too much (stable) power than just enough when it come to earbuds or headphones

I agree. People think everything is ok as long as the volume is enough.. but that is not the whole story.

Apr 26, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #41,818 of 75,363
I think people are contacting Smabat directly and I know at least one person was told they do not need to send it back. I know some sellers like a video of you smashing the faulty ones so they know you aren't just trying to get an extra one.

You certainly can't enjoy your music with the crackling now .

A video will be very easy to do. But...is it possible to contact directly smabat? If so, a link would be appreciate....to avoid harassing JIM. (it was a review sample and i dont like asking replacement to seller when I don't pay....too humble and gratefull, so I deal with it, and keep broken stuff, like TRN IM1, EP10 etc hum)

yeah amping, i need to understand all this power output specs better, its confusing....right now I use 2xbalanced output on my Radsone ES100, it make my Final Audio E4000 sound incredible, way more open and lively and beefy. Just wow. But too powerfull bad amping like the Walnut V2s that is hissy and crazy loud do not help. Clean but powerfull amping with precise volume control. You can add digital high gain to anything really, but its not the same and distortion is way higher than proper analog amping.

Apr 26, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #41,819 of 75,363
yeah amping, i need to understand all this power output specs better, its confusing....right now I use 2xbalanced output on my Radsone ES100, it make my Final Audio E4000 sound incredible, way more open and lively and beefy. Just wow. But too powerfull bad amping like the Walnut V2s that is hissy and crazy loud do not help. Clean but powerfull amping with precise volume control. You can add digital high gain to anything really, but its not the same and distortion is way higher than proper analog amping.

I was going to say that I'm more than happy with how my ES100 makes my buds sound. But I see you enjoy it as well.

Apr 26, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #41,820 of 75,363
is it possible to contact directly smabat? If so, a link would be appreciate....to avoid harassing JIM. (it was a review sample and i dont like asking replacement to seller when I don't pay....too humble and gratefull, so I deal with it, and keep broken stuff, like TRN IM1, EP10 etc hum)

I have not looked for a link... there have been posts about this... maybe a search in the thread would help. There has also been advice for trying to fix it yourself. Something inside the jack or plug. I know I would not be able to do it but others are more confident. I think Otto said when he tried it just made it worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back