Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 19, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #41,506 of 75,463
Apr 19, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #41,507 of 75,463
I don't know how many hours my sr2 had. Its like 40 hrs of pure burn-in time and around 50 hrs of watching movies and listening to songs. Initially the bass was too low but it has good amount of bass with only one pad. But the thing is at around 50-60 hrs i could notice a change in bass and the details that were not there started to pop up. It became clearer. The only problem is the vocals. I am used to vocals being inside my head and in this bud its like somewhat infront of you.

Apr 19, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #41,508 of 75,463
The only problem is the vocals. I am used to vocals being inside my head and in this bud its like somewhat infront of you.

That would actually be better for movies than being inside your head... but I know what you mean. By now I am used to a variety of sound signatures and just enjoy it all:)

Apr 19, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #41,510 of 75,463
Could someone please provide the approximate relative size of several of the most commonly recommended earbuds? I know some use the same shell (e.g., MX500). I vaguely remember reading a similar size/fit discussion in this thread but cannot locate it now. Thank you!

Apr 19, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #41,511 of 75,463
so my vido arrived: i just started playing with earbuds few weeks ago. i ordered 4 buds on the same day, my first two buds that arrived was faaeal rosemary and remax rm303 which i dont really like. both sounded hollow and vocal is muffled. at the time i thought i had a fit issue and earbuds are just not for me and ill just stick to iems. i think that changes today as my vido arrives. i think these sounds really, REALLY good especially for the price, literally cheap as chips. thanks mr clieos for recommending these. i think its weird that my cheapest buds sounds the best. maybe its because i prefer the vido's signature but to my ears these sounds the most natural. both rosemary and rm303 dont sound natural to my ears.

Apr 19, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #41,512 of 75,463
Could someone please provide the approximate relative size of several of the most commonly recommended earbuds? I know some use the same shell (e.g., MX500). I vaguely remember reading a similar size/fit discussion in this thread but cannot locate it now. Thank you!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-2588#post-14707170

16.1mm vs 16.8mm for PK shell vs. MX500. But the shape also makes a difference.

Some comparison pics are here and page before:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-2426

so my vido arrived: i just started playing with earbuds few weeks ago. i ordered 4 buds on the same day, my first two buds that arrived was faaeal rosemary and remax rm303 which i dont really like. both sounded hollow and vocal is muffled. at the time i thought i had a fit issue and earbuds are just not for me and ill just stick to iems. i think that changes today as my vido arrives. i think these sounds really, REALLY good especially for the price, literally cheap as chips. thanks mr clieos for recommending these. i think its weird that my cheapest buds sounds the best. maybe its because i prefer the vido's signature but to my ears these sounds the most natural. both rosemary and rm303 dont sound natural to my ears.

What's the fourth? RY4S may be a more refined Vido. Unfortunately I gave my Vido away and am only going off unreliable memory.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #41,517 of 75,463
Apr 19, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #41,519 of 75,463
Can anybody compare Smabat St-10 with Toneking TO600
I really love TO600, is St-10 an upgrade to TO600

TIA
I don't know the Toneking but tested the Smabat: good depth but a metallic sound with horrendous sibilance and unnatural, metallic voices. I also don't know how the shells should keep in my ears: ergonomic horror. Since the left MMCX connector is loose, I'll return it at my own cost. Although it is a "free" review unit, sometimes even free is unaffordable..and mood killing.

In comparison, the much cheaper ISN Audio Rambo made me hang on to a relatively boring Chopin cello sonata because of its natural timbre...vs. the sterile sounding Smabat.

And once I am done with the Rambo, I'll retire from earbuds as they are a general design flaw, considering the wrong angle between transducer and ear canal.

Apr 19, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #41,520 of 75,463
I don't know the Toneking but tested the Smabat: good depth but a metallic sound with horrendous sibilance and unnatural, metallic voices. I also don't know how the shells should keep in my ears: ergonomic horror. Since the left MMCX connector is loose, I'll return it at my own cost. Although it is a "free" review unit, sometimes even free is unaffordable..and mood killing.

In comparison, the much cheaper ISN Audio Rambo made me hang on to a relatively boring Chopin cello sonata because of its natural timbre...vs. the sterile sounding Smabat.

And once I am done with the Rambo, I'll retire from earbuds as they are a general design flaw, considering the wrong angle between transducer and ear canal.

Wow, I am shocked by this. My ST-10 sounds great...not unnatural nor metallic. Did you use foams?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back