1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. theoutsider
    Hey Chinmie, on paper Sabbat X12p boasted 8 hours of play time, I wonder if that is true?

Also is it possible to have x12p paired to multiple devices at one time?

I ordered Mi neckband earbuds a month ago and I have yet to receive it, I am suddenly feeling the itch to order another pair of tws :/ Do you still stand by your recommendation of x12p or do you have something new to recommend now?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  2. TheoS53
    So, as it turns out, I actually can file a dispute already...yeah, that's how long it has taken them to ship these items lol.
    I did contact them and they said they'll check with the post office. But I dunno, taking into account their reputation on Head-Fi I'm pretty suspicious as to whether or not this is a "post office issue". Will give 'em another day and then I'll start the dispute and refund process.

3. chinmie
    yup, surprisingly it does hit around 7 to 8 hours of continuous playtime on bt 5.0 device, as i personally tested both of mine (i like it so much i bought two of them) with my note 8

unfortunately it cannot connect to two device simultaneously. for earbud like formfactor, i can only vouch for the X12pro, because i haven't tested other product. if iem form you're after, i recommend the QCY T1C very much

theoutsider likes this.
  4. DynamicEars

About the bass how they are compared to? got EBX on my desk currently

5. cqtek
    Two interesting comparative graphs...

Ourart ACG vs Ourart Ti7.png

Although they are similar, they don't sound the same...

Smabat ST-10 vs Edifier H180.png

6. sareer007
    I think everyone should try diy sr2. Its that good. I experienced burn in for the first time with this bud. I am new to this hobby so it was very surprising. I don't know whether its brain burn in or not but initially there was no bass, small soundstage, less details . But after using it daily and burning in overnight for one week everything started to change slowly. Now for the first time i can hear everything in a song and enjoy music. I have only used two other buds than this faael sl1.0+ and willsound mk3. Those two are good but can't compete against sr2 has it simply shows the complete picture of a song. The only problem with it is mids resolution is low compared to mk3.

7. mbwilson111
    Yes, the DIY PK2 SR2 (16 ohm) is a great choice for someone wanting a smaller shell than the commonly used MX500 (monk) shell. I would not say there was NO bass before burn-in. Did yours really have none?

edited to add:

I bought mine from an earlier listing. It came with a very stiff cable so @HungryPanda re-cabled it for me. Also, I think @jogawag said he did not like the sound with that cable. Anyway, here is a photo of the re-cabled SR2 and a photo showing how stiff the other one was... lol.

R0013861.JPG
    R0013866.JPG

8. sareer007
    My sr2 cable doesn't look like that. I bought it from chitty store and before burn in it was literally no subbass and midbass was like so low. Here is the link of my sr2

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b7xD6yac

9. mbwilson111
    That link just takes me to the ali main page but I know the one you mean. My husband has that one with the softer cable. I don't think he plans to recable it. The drivers should be the same though. I suppose we should try to compare the sound... but... too many buds...

Mine is this one..the one that jogawag posted last August. We did not pay this much though at the time. BEWARE... stiff cable!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DIY...hms-150ohms-transparent-film/32801890526.html

DBaldock9 likes this.
  10. sareer007
    I asked the store guys about you sr2 and they said that they sounded the same and only the cable is different.
    I listened to this song with sr2 and other buds and its like night and day. You can hear all instruments somewhat seperated in sr2 where as in sl and mk3 its crowded and can't enjoy the song.

chellity likes this.
  11. mbwilson111
    You made a good choice.... especially since the cable on the one I got is too stiff to use comfortably. Enjoy :)

I think one reason you are finding it so much better than the others you mentioned is that the smaller shell probably fits you better. Fit influences the sound a lot.

HungryPanda and groucho69 like this.
  12. NymPHONOmaniac
    Both do really good IMO but ST-10 have thicker rounder lower end, EBX is slightly more mid bass emphased and dryer (wich make EBX more mid centric too).

Ira Delphic and DynamicEars like this.
  13. jogawag
    The actual link you presented is https://www.aliexpress.com/item//32801646835.html .
    The product requires 100-200 hours of burn-in.
    Then the product is somewhat weak in bass, so I am listening to it with a double pad (thin full pad and donut pad).

14. mbwilson111
    I did give my SR2 the 200 hour burn in after you first said that. My ears do not need a double pad.

15. sareer007
    I don't know how many hours my sr2 had. Its like 40 hrs of pure burn-in time and around 50 hrs of watching movies and listening to songs. Initially the bass was too low but it has good amount of bass with only one pad. But the thing is at around 50-60 hrs i could notice a change in bass and the details that were not there started to pop up. It became clearer. The only problem is the vocals. I am used to vocals being inside my head and in this bud its like somewhat infront of you.