Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 19, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #41,521 of 75,312
Wow, I am shocked by this. My ST-10 sounds great...not unnatural nor metallic. Did you use foams?
Silicons...and I use donuts on the Rambos. As to metallic sound: did you try chamber music -- self amplified music? Details are in the end irrelevant as the left earpiece is faulty.

I have a similar poorly fitting Sennheiser design, the OMX-185.

If you want to get your money's worth at $100, in an iem that has been well thought out in terms of fit, comfort, cable, and sound...the Sennheiser ie40 Pro is the way to go.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #41,523 of 75,312
Silicons...and I use donuts on the Rambos. As to metallic sound: did you try chamber music -- self amplified music? Details are in the end irrelevant as the left earpiece is faulty.

Actually, last night I was listening to the House of Cards soundtrack. The day before some of my favorite singer-songwriters whose voices I know well because I have seen them perform in fairly small venues.

I don't think I would like them with silicone covers...I never get the right sound with them. Thick full foams have been recommended...possibly with donuts on top if your ear size requires it.

They are 45 ohm so they like a bit of power.

Apr 19, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #41,524 of 75,312

I have a similar poorly fitting Sennheiser design, the OMX-185.

If you want to get your money's worth at $100, in an iem that has been well thought out in terms of fit, comfort, cable, and sound...the Sennheiser ie40 Pro is the way to go.

I suspect it is just a case of poor fitting. Contrary to common believe, proper fit (including the choice of foam / foamless) is just as crucial for earbuds as it is for IEM, if not more so... on the other hand, we are not here because we want a recommendation of IEM :imp:

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #41,525 of 75,312
Actually, last night I was listening to the House of Cards soundtrack. The day before some of my favorite singer-songwriters whose voices I know well because I have seen them perform in fairly small venues.

I don't think I would like them with silicone covers...I never get the right sound with them. Thick full foams have been recommended...possibly with donuts on top if your ear size requires it.

They are 45 ohm so they like a bit of power.

I suspect it is just a case of poor fitting. Contrary to common believe, proper fit (including the choice of foam / foamless) is just as crucial for earbuds as it is for IEM, if not more so... on the other hand, we are not here because we want a recommendation of IEM :imp:

I did run them with the audioquest dragonfly black dac/amp connected to my iPhone SE. And no, I didn't try the foams as the left earpiece was striking. But I wiggled the earpieces to get an intermittent good seal. And I cannot ignore the sibilance. As to poor fit, sure it is the combination of my ears and the earpieces...I can change out the earbuds but not my ears. There is always a subjective element. Good for you when you think you got your money's worth.

At least, I cannot be accused of shilling a product :).

Apr 19, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #41,526 of 75,312
Here the perfect ears for buds...mine are more square :wink:.
IMG_7343.jpeg

Apr 19, 2019 at 11:56 PM Post #41,527 of 75,312
Just by the look of the PK style shell I'll say your ears might be on the smaller side.

...on a side note, I heard a smaller ST-10 is in development for those with smaller ears. Similar with how they have done with Svara-L and Svara-M.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #41,528 of 75,312
Apr 20, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #41,529 of 75,312
Can anyone help me please ? I am searching for a earphone for a long time . Something to listen to female vocal , I prefer low bass and an outstanding voice clear .
I spent 1000$ in one in ear but I still prefer my AirPod in terms of clearity and brighter voice .. can anyone help me with a suggestion? Someone tell me to try IM -02 , please I need help !

Apr 20, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #41,530 of 75,312
I don't know the Toneking but tested the Smabat: good depth but a metallic sound with horrendous sibilance and unnatural, metallic voices. I also don't know how the shells should keep in my ears: ergonomic horror. Since the left MMCX connector is loose, I'll return it at my own cost. Although it is a "free" review unit, sometimes even free is unaffordable..and mood killing.

In comparison, the much cheaper ISN Audio Rambo made me hang on to a relatively boring Chopin cello sonata because of its natural timbre...vs. the sterile sounding Smabat.

And once I am done with the Rambo, I'll retire from earbuds as they are a general design flaw, considering the wrong angle between transducer and ear canal.

Wow ...really ? Maybe earbud just not for you Otto
Anybody else can compare Smabat St-10 with Toneking TO600 ?

Thanks

Apr 20, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #41,531 of 75,312
Can anyone help me please ? I am searching for a earphone for a long time . Something to listen to female vocal , I prefer low bass and an outstanding voice clear .
I spent 1000$ in one in ear but I still prefer my AirPod in terms of clearity and brighter voice .. can anyone help me with a suggestion? Someone tell me to try IM -02 , please I need help !

What do you mean by "low bass"? Low amount of bass (quantity of) or bass that is lower frequency (SUB-bass)?

This is an earbud thread, so if you are looking for isolation... this isn't the place.

Apr 20, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #41,532 of 75,312
yup, surprisingly it does hit around 7 to 8 hours of continuous playtime on bt 5.0 device, as i personally tested both of mine (i like it so much i bought two of them) with my note 8

unfortunately it cannot connect to two device simultaneously. for earbud like formfactor, i can only vouch for the X12pro, because i haven't tested other product. if iem form you're after, i recommend the QCY T1C very much
Battery life of 7-8 hours is quite unbelievable for a pair of tws, I used to have a pair of tws that can only hold 1 hour of charge.

I take it that you have the BT 5.0 version with USB-C charging case? I think the BT 5.0 version is powered by a Realtek (crab) BT chip, is the connectivity any stable? I have another pair of BT 5.0 headphones that pair nicely with my ipad and smartphone but not with my laptop, maybe it has something to do with my laptop and not the headphones.

I scoured the internet and apparently airpods, fake airpods, huawei freebuds 2 and sabbat x12pro are the only tws earbuds available now.

Apr 20, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #41,534 of 75,312
Battery life of 7-8 hours is quite unbelievable for a pair of tws, I used to have a pair of tws that can only hold 1 hour of charge.

I take it that you have the BT 5.0 version with USB-C charging case? I think the BT 5.0 version is powered by a Realtek (crab) BT chip, is the connectivity any stable? I have another pair of BT 5.0 headphones that pair nicely with my ipad and smartphone but not with my laptop, maybe it has something to do with my laptop and not the headphones.

I scoured the internet and apparently airpods, fake airpods, huawei freebuds 2 and sabbat x12pro are the only tws earbuds available now.

i have both the old micro usb version and the new usb c version. both can easily reach that 7 hours playtime and have a good and stable connection. that realtek chip that they are using (i have several true wireless iems that also have that realtek chip) have similarly good performance

Apr 20, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #41,535 of 75,312
What do you mean by "low bass"? Low amount of bass (quantity of) or bass that is lower frequency (SUB-bass)?

This is an earbud thread, so if you are looking for isolation... this isn't the place.
Low quantity of bass . I was just wondering because I’m tired of spent money and I always prefer apples in ear in terms of clarity to vocals you know ? I don’t know if there is something Better so that’s why I’m searching yet , sorry if it’s the wrong area to ask it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back