Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 22, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #27,406 of 75,356
After initially listening to the Shozy BK, I was like : these things are awesome! Where have I been all this time. Then I noticed two things that are a downside versus iems :
  • Lack of isolation makes me want to turn the volume up, and it gets a bit fatiguing
  • I cannot wear these for more than an hour without discomfort
Apart from that, the amount of air, the natural tone and the bass texture are to die for. And I come from 2k$ iems.

Welcome to the world of earbuds! You'll get used to the lack of isolation. I can use earbuds on the bus or train without turning the volume up too much. You just have to accept that you will hear outside noise with earbuds. Of course the best thing is to find a quiet place to use earbuds...

And you might be surprised that Shozy BK has got a pretty small soundstage compared to other TOTL earbuds...

are hifiman es100 good for its price? currently hifiman did sales on its tmall website ( chinese website) for 179yuan..good buy?

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?i...81309.275833_0&sku_properties=5919063:6536025

Great price! ES100 is neutral and "flat" sounding and can be a bit unexciting for some people. Still, I think you should give it a try!

Jan 22, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #27,407 of 75,356
http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/megamini-es100-combo.html
S80122-175950.jpg

Jan 22, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #27,408 of 75,356
Welcome to the world of earbuds! You'll get used to the lack of isolation. I can use earbuds on the bus or train without turning the volume up too much. You just have to accept that you will hear outside noise with earbuds. Of course the best thing is to find a quiet place to use earbuds...

And you might be surprised that Shozy BK has got a pretty small soundstage compared to other TOTL earbuds...

Great price! ES100 is neutral and "flat" sounding and can be a bit unexciting for some people. Still, I think you should give it a try!
Thanks Danneq..will put into buy list..need to search few more to buy...

Jan 22, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #27,412 of 75,356
How's EMX500 compare to Toneking TP16?

emx500 have bigger and farther extensions on bass and treble, wider soundstage, but the TP16 have a more natural sound, although it still has a big bass and treble. both have similar sound quality

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #27,413 of 75,356
What do you think about these ones (clear with mic) as an "upgrade"?
I assume all the emxs-500’s sound the same so it’s probably a good choice yeah. I only have the original emx-500 so cannot give my own opinion on the emxs-500.

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #27,414 of 75,356
After initially listening to the Shozy BK, I was like : these things are awesome! Where have I been all this time. Then I noticed two things that are a downside versus iems :
  • Lack of isolation makes me want to turn the volume up, and it gets a bit fatiguing
  • I cannot wear these for more than an hour without discomfort
Apart from that, the amount of air, the natural tone and the bass texture are to die for. And I come from 2k$ iems.
Really surprised about the comfort issues, give it a week to adjust because the shell is more comfortable than most for earbuds, although comfort comes down to the ear shape size so maybe you find other styles better for that.

I’m glad you like them overall and don’t feel expensive IEM’s demolish them in SQ, because I don’t really know what I’m missing by neglecting IEM’s (cannot get them comfortable I tried for months and I don’t like the sensation and closed off feeling). But if the BK’s compare to equally priced IEM’s then I’m happy!

As for isolation I prefer to use the BK indoors or in quiter environents and they simply won’t compare to IEM’s when isolation is needed.

@golov17 they should check out the BK, BS1 and one of the Cypherus buds amoung others :)

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #27,416 of 75,356
Thanks for the feedback guys, I guess my outer ear is sensitive. I am considering other earbuds style, but my other issue is that many seem cheap or ugly to me. The only one I am eying is the Liebesleid.

And FYI, in my opinion the Shozy BK sounds as good as iems much more expensive.
Check out the bs1 if you have the time, while the shell is not as small as the BK the edges are very smooth and rounded off. Think of it as a mx500 shell but sanded down to completely curve the edges smooth.

It sounds almost as textured and full as the bk, with about equal detail but a bigger deeper soundstage and smoother high’s. I rank it about equal overall but at $50 less than the BK it’s a great deal.

Or the liebsleid/ new K’s flagship earbud if you have the money to spend :) They both look pretty similar aesthetic and shape wise.

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #27,417 of 75,356
Jan 22, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #27,418 of 75,356
Thanks for the feedback guys, I guess my outer ear is sensitive. I am considering other earbuds style, but my other issue is that many seem cheap or ugly to me. The only one I am eying is the Liebesleid.

Try Rose earbuds, Mojito & Masya
FB_IMG_1516648014971.jpg FB_IMG_1516647864811.jpg

Jan 22, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #27,419 of 75,356

Get the shozy stardust limited edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back