Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 22, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #27,436 of 75,401
I don't find it particularly intimate. Anyways, I am first going to validate I can really wear earbuds before trying other ones.
Oh yeah good point, there’s a few cheapo aliexpress buds with different shells if you need to test run some designs :)

I guess it’s expected that you don’t feel the soundstage to be on the smaller side if what’s said is true about most IEM’s not having particularly large soundstages. There’s some earbuds out there that have some truly large soundstages that are out of head and more closely resemble headphones.

Of course it’s how well an earbud uses the stage that matters.

Jan 22, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #27,437 of 75,401
Thanks, I find them bit...ugly.
I’d be surprised if you could handle the treble on the BK without foams, it can be somewhat rough without the donut foams more so than most of my earbuds.

Ugly? I love it’s retro look but I assume you mean the grey front grille! It’s alright I guess but I can see how some wouldn’t like it’s style lol

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #27,438 of 75,401
I see there is a bit of confusion over BK vs. BK limited edition.

First of, normal BK is still in production, so is BK limited edition (for now).

Secondly, BK limited edition is just normal BK with a pure silver cable. This kind cable used is typically in blue and being referred by the Chinese as either "ocean" or "sea king" (a la Poseidon) cable.

Lastly, the first batch of BK ltd. ed. was produced in very limited number sometime later last year and quickly sold out - that's why you don't really see them on the overseas market / reseller (penon, aliexpress, etc). This time around they seem to be doing a much bigger batch and so they are much easier to find.

Please tell me the details of sound difference between normal BK and Poseidon BK.

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #27,439 of 75,401
What do you guys do if you get ripped off on aliexpress?

Last week seller Hotfi promised they'd cancel my order because they misrepresented what they were selling. I didn't hear back after that, but it was the weekend so I waited until today, STILL no reply! And there's no link anywhere on aliexpress to dispute it, nor to leave negative feedback. What is going on?

I tried cancelling a week ago, but that didn't go through because it requires seller approval (no conflict of interest there I'm sure). I still have 1 day 9 hours left until it's supposed to cancel automatically, but why should I wait for that? This is the first time I tried shopping with aliexpress, and I have zero faith that anything will work short of disputing the charge as fraudulent with my credit card company, which I plan on doing first thing tomorrow if it hasn't been resolved by then.

It's the other sellers on aliexpress that he's hurting most of all. I can't buy from one of them while he has my money, and I'm not likely to ever consider ordering from ANY seller there, if this is how much they care about having customers.

Just disgruntled.

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #27,440 of 75,401
You probably have to wait for the time out in order for the order to be cancelled automatically. Once it is shipped you should be able to dispute it. I would threaten to leave negative feedback....... the sellers seem to really not like that.

Honestly, I have had a few situations with Ali sellers that weren't resolved to my liking, but in the end none of
Them were a huge financial hit. When stuff has been advertised but not shipped I've gotten refunds. The bigger problem is when there is an issue with what you receive: the seller typically wants you to pay return shipping to China, or accept a partial refund.

I my relationship with Ali is dysfunctional. I need them because it is the only way to get a lot of the buds I want, but sometimes the service sucks, and occasionally I lose money.

Jan 23, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #27,441 of 75,401
Please tell me the details of sound difference between normal BK and Poseidon BK.

Can't do that. I didn't pick up the limited edition.

Jan 23, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #27,443 of 75,401
Oh yeah good point, there’s a few cheapo aliexpress buds with different shells if you need to test run some designs :)

I guess it’s expected that you don’t feel the soundstage to be on the smaller side if what’s said is true about most IEM’s not having particularly large soundstages. There’s some earbuds out there that have some truly large soundstages that are out of head and more closely resemble headphones.

Of course it’s how well an earbud uses the stage that matters.
one of the largest soundstage in an IEM belongs to the MEELECTRONICS M9. But that was in 2009 and i have not compared any IEM to earbuds now.

Jan 23, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #27,445 of 75,401
Can't do that. I didn't pick up the limited edition.

03_normankillswatson02.gif

Attachments

• 03_normankillswatson02.gif
    980.2 KB · Views: 0
Jan 23, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #27,447 of 75,401
Haha, I am quite content with my balanced BK as it is. Last time around when I picked up the limited edition Cygnus, i never did find the price tag to warrant the difference between it and the normal Cygnus, which is why I am kind of reluctant to get the limited edition BK, especially since there are a few other flagships from other brands to choose from. If only I have the money to get them all :ksc75smile:

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #27,448 of 75,401
Haha, I am quite content with my balanced BK as it is. Last time around when I picked up the limited edition Cygnus, i never did find the price tag to warrant the difference between it and the normal Cygnus, which is why I am kind of reluctant to get the limited edition BK, especially since there are a few other flagships from other brands to choose from. If only I have the money to get them all :ksc75smile:

giphy.gif

Jan 23, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #27,450 of 75,401
I have the HE150 pro since a couple of days, quite pleased with them. They have very clean -neutral- mids, with open soundstage and surprisingly good layering. Its a rather soothing and relaxing sound sig. sub bass is slightly upped with lean midbass, treble rather slow/soft however it doesnt sound veiled at all.
The fit is pretty good, between the mx500 and the yuin in terms of comfort.
They are my new favorite for casual listening.

Edit: btw @B9Scrambler your review is spot on. Thanks for it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back