Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 22, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #27,421 of 75,148
109 for MegaMini & ES100? If I didn't already have Supermini and ES100 I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Hifiman's support really impressed me with an issue I had.

Jan 22, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #27,422 of 75,148
Get the shozy stardust limited edition

Where to get the limited edition ? I only see regular shozy Bk on Penon.

Back in the middle of last August, on the Shozy Facebook page, they quoted a post by @golov17 and wrote, "Thanks for all yours support! The Stardust (aka BK) will be all sold out soon, grab your unit while it lasts!"
If they're still available on sites like Penon, I wonder if that means they built another batch - or did shops like Penon stock up a lot when the announcement was made?
Searching back a whole year, to the beginning of 2017, there's no mention of the Limited Edition on their Facebook page - was it only ever announced somewhere else?

Jan 22, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #27,423 of 75,148
Back in the middle of last August, on the Shozy Facebook page, they quoted a post by @golov17 and wrote, "Thanks for all yours support! The Stardust (aka BK) will be all sold out soon, grab your unit while it lasts!"
If they're still available on sites like Penon, I wonder if that means they built another batch - or did shops like Penon stock up a lot when the announcement was made?
Searching back a whole year, to the beginning of 2017, there's no mention of the Limited Edition on their Facebook page - was it only ever announced somewhere else?

Usually, you need to PM them on facebook to know more details about their products or searching on their taobao page:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-3708553000.5.dc6df5ceZk8qS&id=562597255017

(not sure if this is their official store on taobao, but it matches with the blue cable posted early here).

Jan 22, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #27,426 of 75,148
nope.. but as many said.. the 2 i mentioned are great all rounders...
that's what I thought. you shouldn't give opinion on something you didn't know first hand. if you want to quote others, you should state that "i never tried them, but others said that....."

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #27,428 of 75,148
D6ACCAEB-8572-4124-B888-9513AA243465.jpeg

When I send a message through Facebook to them end of December, it seemed the guy who is responding was not very sure about that limited edition.

Later he replied to me that there’s a queue of order.

So I paid through PayPal and received the blue Bk yesterday.

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #27,430 of 75,148
Meeeh just a different cable no?
He may have been joking, it seems a cable swap yes, you probably don't need both... until you do :)

Seeing as you got natural and analog down with the BK, you may look for your next earbud something with a big sound stage because as TOTL earbuds go the shozy's don't have very big sound stages at all which makes some music some very intimate and nice but others somewhat congested or lacking the room to excel in atmospheric pieces.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #27,431 of 75,148
maybe this is offtrack.. those having the conexant audio soundcard.. if u find the quality is inconsistent.. got to windows services and disable the "conexant smart audio service".

doing this seems to give a better quality audio .. its probably some bug in windows 10 ...

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #27,432 of 75,148
I see there is a bit of confusion over BK vs. BK limited edition.

First of, normal BK is still in production, so is BK limited edition (for now).

Secondly, BK limited edition is just normal BK with a pure silver cable. This kind cable used is typically in blue and being referred by the Chinese as either "ocean" or "sea king" (a la Poseidon) cable.

Lastly, the first batch of BK ltd. ed. was produced in very limited number sometime later last year and quickly sold out - that's why you don't really see them on the overseas market / reseller (penon, aliexpress, etc). This time around they seem to be doing a much bigger batch and so they are much easier to find.

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #27,433 of 75,148
He may have been joking, it seems a cable swap yes, you probably don't need both... until you do :)

Seeing as you got natural and analog down with the BK, you may look for your next earbud something with a big sound stage because as TOTL earbuds go the shozy's don't have very big sound stages at all which makes some music some very intimate and nice but others somewhat congested or lacking the room to excel in atmospheric pieces.
I don't find it particularly intimate. Anyways, I am first going to validate I can really wear earbuds before trying other ones.

Jan 22, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #27,434 of 75,148
@Mimouille : Please try with and without sponges and see how you feel. If Shozy BK (O.D. front cover 16.1-16.3 mm) is bigger for your ears.. then Rose earbuds ( O.D. ~15.5 mm) might be your next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back