Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 21, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #27,391 of 75,149
@redkingjoe : Congrats for your new limited toy. If I find any news, I will feed news about new earbuds here. hehe

Jan 22, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #27,397 of 75,149
since i have 3 the EMx 500 , R4YS and Graphenes ( new)..and all 3 could have already burnt- in i would say among the 3 the R4YS recently aces in Rahman's music..whenn i first bought them 2-3 months ago.. i just had them used occasionally for a little while and put them away ..

i just listened to this on all 3 ..the Graphene just doesnt sound right to me And R4YS is now the new budget king... the sub bass, mid bass and soundstage come across acurately on this ..

i am not sure how the penon BS1 or the Masya will sound on this

Rose Masya sounds excellent on any instrumental work and handles it easily, also good for all round use.

Same with BS1 but I prefer BS1 for all round use, better detail and imaging and vocals are fuller.

Masya has lighter sound, more extended, slightly bigger soundstage.

BS1 has more energetic and medium fullsound, more detail, deeper soundstage and smoother treble.

Masya has very quick tight bass and more sub bass than mid bass. It extends low.

BS1 has equal sub bass mid bass but slightly slower to hit. It feels warmer in the bass region with more full body punchy sound.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #27,398 of 75,149
Sean17395284836, I asked you not to encourage him! :confounded: :angry:.

Sorry I had a momentary lapse in judgement :)

Didn’t think he’d pounce on it so fast with the link lol

The song was short and somewhat catchy this time but I’m not excusing it xD

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #27,399 of 75,149
whats it called?
Looks to me the shozy BK limited edition. Someone with the original bk needs to get this and compare the sound from copper and silver cables :)) Or atleast to check for tuning changes but I doubt they changed anything in that regard.

@SweetEars Ok here’s my verdict for you.

Prefer a brighter sound with light ‘airy’ qualities and a big soundstage? Get the Masya.

Prefer a neutral energetic sound with amazing imaging and depth? Get the BS1

If you’re source is warm I think the Masya will sound better than on a bright source, BS1 can handle either being more neutral in tonality.

I take back what I said about the masya being warm, it’s pretty neutral and bright and will be influenced by the source so it may sound warm or cold depending on your source imo.

My choice for your music would be the Masya with a warm source it’s really excellent for instrumental and airy music.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #27,400 of 75,149
I’ve tried many of the budget buds and I suggest you stick to emx500 if you like it and when your ready to upgrade down the line for a more premium bud you could save the emx500 for sport and such. Infact the emx500 is really perfect for sports because it’s cheap but sounds great for the price.

A proper upgrade would be Penon BS1 official, Rose Masya etc. These buds are around $90 but anything in between will only be a marginal upgrade I feel. Such is the performance of budget earbuds these days.
What do you think about these ones (clear with mic) as an "upgrade"?

Jan 22, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #27,401 of 75,149
IMG_20180122_101627.jpg
After initially listening to the Shozy BK, I was like : these things are awesome! Where have I been all this time. Then I noticed two things that are a downside versus iems :
  • Lack of isolation makes me want to turn the volume up, and it gets a bit fatiguing
  • I cannot wear these for more than an hour without discomfort
Apart from that, the amount of air, the natural tone and the bass texture are to die for. And I come from 2k$ iems.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #27,402 of 75,149
i think EMX-s 500 or R4YS is better overall ... u can not go wrong with them.
have you compared them to the TP16 by yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back