Kinera Earbud Thread
Jan 22, 2018 at 11:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 92

ostewart

Reviewer at Sound Perfection Reviews
Formerly affiliated with HiFi Headphones
These are actually really good, I know they were a limited run but we need somewhere where the owners can chat about these little gems.

Reviews here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kinera-earbud.22794/reviews

These love a good tube amp :D (using an iFi Earbuddy to eliminate any hiss)

IMG_20180122_162726-01.jpeg

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 92
I don't see this thread being particularly active given how few of these there are out there, but I'm in.

I know there are not many of us, but we need to keep them alive in hopes Kinera one day releases a production model of some earbuds. As they've shown they can make them :D

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #4 of 92
I know there are not many of us, but we need to keep them alive in hopes Kinera one day releases a production model of some earbuds. As they've shown they can make them :D

Agreed. They need a bit of work to be production ready but even as-is are still a solid product. I can hardly imagine it wouldn't be worth their while to roll them into the lineup as a permanent model.

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #5 of 92
Great product. I bought one direct and another two from resale customers. Then I sell my 2nd pair to my friends. Now I own 2 Kinera Buds and consider to mod 4.4 mm.plug.

Jan 23, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #6 of 92
Great product. I bought one direct and another two from resale customers. Then I sell my 2nd pair to my friends. Now I own 2 Kinera Buds and consider to mod 4.4 mm.plug.

The Jack is easy to remove just finding which ground wire goes to each side will be difficult.

Jan 23, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #7 of 92
My planing is about DIY DHC or Toxic cable + 4.4 mm Plug. so just get the stock cable out from its driver (just 2 solder points per side).

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #12 of 92
My planing is about DIY DHC or Toxic cable + 4.4 mm Plug. so just get the stock cable out from its driver (just 2 solder points per side).

Sounds good, what conductor would you go with? I'd pick a nice copper cable personally to compliment the slightly leaner tonality of these.

Jan 23, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #13 of 92
@ostewart : Thanks for your suggestion. I would pick SPC or Copper Cable. For cable, I am thinking about DHC nucleotide Hybrid (O.D 1.1 mm.), new revised Toxic Viper 26awg, new revised Toxic Poison 26awg, or PC-Tripple C H (O.D. 1.1 mm.) from japan. So many choices. But the most concern is about cable size cause the cable hole of Kinera shells is quite small. My choices are limited. By the way, both DIY cable from DHC and new revised Toxic's are not available yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back