Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
May 15, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #3,706 of 5,854
Quote:
If someone else picked up the torch all continuity would be lost as everyone hears differently. It would be better if we could lend David headphones in the future, if he would be willing. This is assuming that David is only hampered by financial and not time/burnout issues. And this epic thread would remain unchallenged for perpetuity!

A wonderful idea at-first-glance. But, that's not the half of it - we need to address his other half. 
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #3,707 of 5,854
Quote:
In Mr T voice: "I pity the fool..." hahah, no really, thank you:)

...Ok.. I'll do it.. *sigh* 

If you want to start shipping your headphones over to me 
size]

very_evil_smiley.gif

May 15, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #3,708 of 5,854
Quote:

size]

very_evil_smiley.gif

Let me guess... P.O. box in Alaska :wink: :wink:

May 15, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #3,709 of 5,854
Quote:
Quote:
David, what would you recommend that would compliment my 2 headphones(HD650 and DT880)? I was thinking the D7000, any others?

Hmm, it depends what you are looking for.  If you're looking for a closed alternative, the D7000 is a great choice and it does have a different (less neutral signature).  If you don't mind it being an open choice, I say try the HE-400.  It is colored, but its a different sound and it may be exciting to venture into the orthodynamic category.

Yea, either open or closed. I was thinking the HE-400 also. Which would you recommend more?

May 16, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #3,710 of 5,854
Quote:
If someone else picked up the torch all continuity would be lost as everyone hears differently. It would be better if we could lend David headphones in the future, if he would be willing. This is assuming that David is only hampered by financial and not time/burnout issues. And this epic thread would remain unchallenged for perpetuity!

That would be interesting, though time may be an issue...still a nice suggestion:)

Quote:

size]

very_evil_smiley.gif

right on....everything's packed and ready :)
Quote:
Yea, either open or closed. I was thinking the HE-400 also. Which would you recommend more?

Maybe, the HE-400...its nice to get to experience the orthodynamic sound!

May 17, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #3,711 of 5,854
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe, the HE-400...its nice to get to experience the orthodynamic sound!

Have had the Mad Dogs before and am auditioning the Paradox headphones by LFF right now. I am also recieving a demo pair of LCD-3's from Burson Audio. Would you still recommend getting the HE-400's? I love both the Mad Dogs and the Paradox. So maybe the HE-400? 

May 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #3,712 of 5,854
Definitely don't wanna sound offensive but when the review of LCD-2 rev2 is supposed to be released?

You know, I waited several months for the review, to compare with HD800... And then sold the headphone... and purchased HD800... 3 months ago.
tongue.gif

May 17, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #3,713 of 5,854
If the issue with David continuing this review is finances (and we all were SHOCKED, and appreciate greatly, at how much $ you have poured in personally for this project), perhaps people can start sending in headphones for David to review, while covering shipping costs to David and back.

The question to David is, will you be comfortable doing this, especially after you start selling your pricey gear, and more importantly, will you be even interested in doing something like this.

May 17, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #3,714 of 5,854
Quote:
Definitely don't wanna sound offensive but when the review of LCD-2 rev2 is supposed to be released?

You know, I waited several months for the review, to compare with HD800... And then sold the headphone... and purchased HD800... 3 months ago.
tongue.gif

I have the review completed, i just have to code it....its really just the coding that takes me time because i'm not an html master  haha.... i also will be taking the photo this weekend.  The other part that is time consuming is i have move all the other headphones around to make space for any new headphone and then i have to readjust the table of contents and the value rating charts and then i have to go into the original LCD-2 rev. 1 review and change some of what i mention regarding not having the Rev. 2.  It's a long and tedious process.  But the actual physical review of the Rev. 2 I've had done for a few days now.  I will get the Rev.2 review put in there asap. I'm gigging a lot this weekend, but I will have time on sunday to work on the coding.

May 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #3,715 of 5,854
Quote:
I have the review completed, i just have to code it....its really just the coding that takes me time because i'm not an html master  haha.... i also will be taking the photo this weekend.  The other part that is time consuming is i have move all the other headphones around to make space for any new headphone and then i have to readjust the table of contents and the value rating charts and then i have to go into the original LCD-2 rev. 1 review and change some of what i mention regarding not having the Rev. 2.  It's a long and tedious process.  But the actual physical review of the Rev. 2 I've had done for a few days now.  I will get the Rev.2 review put in there asap. I'm gigging a lot this weekend, but I will have time on sunday to work on the coding.

Thank you very much for the update, definitely what I was looking for! No need to hurry, btw, I think everyone understands you have much more things to do in your live than writing headphones reviews :)

May 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #3,716 of 5,854
Quote:
If the issue with David continuing this review is finances (and we all were SHOCKED, and appreciate greatly, at how much $ you have poured in personally for this project), perhaps people can start sending in headphones for David to review, while covering shipping costs to David and back.

The question to David is, will you be comfortable doing this, especially after you start selling your pricey gear, and more importantly, will you be even interested in doing something like this.

thank you:)

Its a nice idea for sure.  I think in a little while, i just need to break from it for a bit.  It's been a constant thing for years at this point so I just would want to break.  I would probably resume if and when there was a really high end product like a new stax flagship or a new sennheiser electrostat

May 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #3,718 of 5,854
Quote:
Have had the Mad Dogs before and am auditioning the Paradox headphones by LFF right now. I am also recieving a demo pair of LCD-3's from Burson Audio. Would you still recommend getting the HE-400's? I love both the Mad Dogs and the Paradox. So maybe the HE-400? 

Having not heard either the Mad Dogs or the Paradox, I can't be sure how the HE-400 compares, but I do think it compliments the HD650 and DT880 very nicely!

May 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #3,719 of 5,854
I think the latest Mad Dogs will be QUITE a headphone to review. I wasn't a believer of the Mad Dogs until the most recent iteration. It really is a solid performer, and I don't think any closed headphone anywhere near it's price range will compete.

May 17, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #3,720 of 5,854
Quote:
I think it's rather funny that some folks are planning how David is going to spend his free time. LOL

--Jerome

Free time? I don't think so 
size]

(I love that devil face! I laugh every time I use it... Simple things I know..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back