Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
May 13, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #3,692 of 5,854
Quote:

You never know.. Gangham Style maybe considered genius hundreds of years from now! And the Lang Lang of the day may perform it at the equivalent Proms..

I know exactly the devil's advocate approach you were going for so please know...I am not laughing at you when I do this (cause I play the same devil's advocate stuff in my head).... but
etysmile.gif
LOL!!!...If ever this were the future, I'd feel blessed that there is no immortality pill just yet
tongue.gif

May 13, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #3,693 of 5,854
Quote:
Hi David,

have you listened to the Kingsound electrostatic HPs ? If yes, what are your thoughts ?

Thanks

I haven't.  I'd be very curious to hear them though.  I have a feeling they are quite the value.  Hopefully I will hear them at the next meet!

May 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #3,694 of 5,854
Quote:
I know exactly the devil's advocate approach you were going for so please know...I am not laughing at you when I do this (cause I play the same devil's advocate stuff in my head).... but
etysmile.gif
LOL!!!...If ever this were the future, I'd feel blessed that there is no immortality pill just yet
tongue.gif

beerchug.gif

May 13, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #3,695 of 5,854
Quote:

You never know.. Gangham Style maybe considered genius hundreds of years from now! And the Lang Lang of the day may perform it at the equivalent Proms..  

I fervently hope not. For every Beatles, there were quite a few groups/musicians that did not "make it". I prefer thinking that these are one-offs and we revert to quality music evolving in the "right" direction. Well, at least, I'm allowed to dream.

May 13, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #3,697 of 5,854
David: Considering the value you gave the AD900, I know there are a few of us wanting to get your feedback on whether or not that high praise was carried on in the AD900X, AD1000X, and AD2000X models. I'm sure they aren't a priority for you, but just know there is that interest.
beerchug.gif

May 13, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #3,698 of 5,854
Quote:
David: Considering the value you gave the AD900, I know there are a few of us wanting to get your feedback on whether or not that high praise was carried on in the AD900X, AD1000X, and AD2000X models. I'm sure they aren't a priority for you, but just know there is that interest.
beerchug.gif

I asked if he would too. IIRC he said that it isn't his top priority right now, just as you said that it might have been. 
smile.gif

I would really love to see some impressions though.

May 13, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #3,699 of 5,854
Quote:
beerchug.gif

+1

May 14, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #3,700 of 5,854
Quote:
beerchug.gif

I wish I could include them.  I really think if the AD2000X sounds as good as I imagine it would, it would be my highest ranking AT headphone.  But I will have to see if in the future I could include it.  I am doubtful.  I admire someone like lJokeri for being able to persevere with his wonderful comparisons for years....well into hundreds of models compared.  For me, I anticipate that I will ultimately be ending the comparison this year or next.  It will be sad for me when 10 years from now, most of the models included here will be old news, hopefully surpassed 10 times over.  But it will be fun to see where headphone technology ends up!

May 14, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #3,701 of 5,854
I wish I could include them.  I really think if the AD2000X sounds as good as I imagine it would, it would be my highest ranking AT headphone.  But I will have to see if in the future I could include it.  I am doubtful.  I admire someone like lJokeri for being able to persevere with his wonderful comparisons for years....well into hundreds of models compared.  For me, I anticipate that I will ultimately be ending the comparison this year or next.  It will be sad for me when 10 years from now, most of the models included here will be old news, hopefully surpassed 10 times over.  But it will be fun to see where headphone technology ends up!

It's a valuable service for someone to offer in that it gives those of us without direct access sort of baseline for comparison. Hopefully someone else will pick up the torch you carry so well.

May 15, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #3,702 of 5,854
David, what would you recommend that would compliment my 2 headphones(HD650 and DT880)? I was thinking the D7000, any others?

May 15, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #3,703 of 5,854
Quote:
David, what would you recommend that would compliment my 2 headphones(HD650 and DT880)? I was thinking the D7000, any others?

Hmm, it depends what you are looking for.  If you're looking for a closed alternative, the D7000 is a great choice and it does have a different (less neutral signature).  If you don't mind it being an open choice, I say try the HE-400.  It is colored, but its a different sound and it may be exciting to venture into the orthodynamic category.

May 15, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #3,704 of 5,854
Quote:
It's a valuable service for someone to offer in that it gives those of us without direct access sort of baseline for comparison. Hopefully someone else will pick up the torch you carry so well.

In Mr T voice: "I pity the fool..." hahah, no really, thank you:)

May 15, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #3,705 of 5,854
If someone else picked up the torch all continuity would be lost as everyone hears differently. It would be better if we could lend David headphones in the future, if he would be willing. This is assuming that David is only hampered by financial and not time/burnout issues. And this epic thread would remain unchallenged for perpetuity!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back