Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Nov 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #678 of 5,854
Hi,
Don't really know, and no preference between solid state / tube.  A novice in this area.  I've seen NuForce devices for about $500.  I guess that's the base budget, for now.  Thanks for your help -

Nov 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #679 of 5,854
Quote:
David, would there be a chance that the Sony MDR-CD3000 be included into this review in the future?

Definitely, it's one of the main ones I hope to include in the future (hopefully near future)
Quote:
Hi,
Don't really know, and no preference between solid state / tube.  A novice in this area.  I've seen NuForce devices for about $500.  I guess that's the base budget, for now.  Thanks for your help -

I've heard a lot of good things about NuForce, but I haven't heard the amps myself.  I trust that its a good amp for the money.  I've also not heard the Burson HA-160 (a little bit more $) but I have been told by people whom I trust that it is quite impressive.

Nov 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #680 of 5,854
Quote:
I've also not heard the Burson HA-160 (a little bit more $) but I have been told by people whom I trust that it is quite impressive.

Another from Burson would be their new Soloist amp.  It's reviewing well with the Audeze cans, and I'm quite pleased with it with my HD650.

Nov 8, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #681 of 5,854
I now send this to anyone that asks me for recommendations for headphones. Even casual listeners that aren't into audiophile equipment. Two friends have already used this, and are now getting into the hobby.

Great work David. Not so great for their wallets though. :D

Nov 8, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #682 of 5,854
Quote:
I now send this to anyone that asks me for recommendations for headphones. Even casual listeners that aren't into audiophile equipment. Two friends have already used this, and are now getting into the hobby.
Great work David. Not so great for their wallets though.
biggrin.gif

hahaha,

you're like "the pusher man" :)

and thanks!

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #683 of 5,854
David, I am in awe. What an amazing effort, and the result is astonishing. Congrats to you for creating an incredible resource.

Nov 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #686 of 5,854
Quote:
Another from Burson would be their new Soloist amp.  It's reviewing well with the Audeze cans, and I'm quite pleased with it with my HD650.

As an owner of the Soloist, I have to agree, it seems to work very well with all my headphones, including the hard to drive HE-6 and the HD800's.
However, I think I prefer the Schiit Lyr with my LCD-2's (first version). The "tube" sound just seems to work better with those headphones, not that the Soloist doesn't do a good job with the LCD's as well.

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #687 of 5,854
Wow ... now I have an excellent guide to what to buy when I get my 50-year crisis in a few years. 

Just curious: Will you be updating this post by slotting in new high-end cans? Say Audeze LCD-4 comes around, or a Beyerdynamic T2, or ... well, something. Will you then update the thread and slot them in at spot 7.5 or 5.5 or so?

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #688 of 5,854
Just stumbled upon this after being away from the site for a few months. All I can say is...WOW!! What an amazing effort and contribution on your part. This is so professionally done you'd think you were paid to do it (I'm sure you weren't). I'll be reading and studying this for awhile. Thanks again David!

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #689 of 5,854
I really like this :D though I would've liked to see how lower priced Ultrasone cans (pro2900, edition 8, sig pro) stack up. They may not be flagships but they're certainly in that price range

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #690 of 5,854
I really like this 
biggrin.gif
 though I would've liked to see how lower priced Ultrasone cans (pro2900, edition 8, sig pro) stack up. They may not be flagships but they're certainly in that price range

He did the Ed8...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back