The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 6, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #11,866 of 12,992
If the th600 isn’t bass heavy enough, but has too much highs you might be in trouble. Those were my kings for years. The th900 has a lot more bass, but even more highs. You may want to avoid those. My current love 💗 are the denon d7200, i feel these are the best compromise between both top end fostex models, with a bit of a twist.

Outside of modding/pad swapping the only option that may way work for you is the cascades. Also you say you are coming from iem’s, the bass is different for certain. It took me a while to get used to “less” bass of cans. I was an iem guy until a bit before the thx00 came out, so i know what you mean when you say the iem seems like it has kore bass. It’s the fact that its bass comes through a hermetic seal, directly into the ear canal.

I've just checked out cascades. These are the only basshead headphones for me. I've tried Sony Z7M2, Denon 7200, Audeze LCD2 closed back, Fostex TH-600/TH-900.
I'm going to sell my TH-600 as fast as I can.

Also, I liked CA Vega. They have amazing bass, but too much for my taste.

Did anyone compare Campfire Vega with IMR Opus Mia?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #11,867 of 12,992
Have you tried the th900?
I have not tried that pair yet. That's the next one on my list if I ever feel the itch to upgrade again. I've found myself content with the cascades with the xb500 to supplement when I want something a little different. Really hitting the spot.

Feb 7, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #11,869 of 12,992
Anyone knows where to get a new headband for the JVC haSZ? The material from the headband cover is tearing apart and I dont know what to do to fix it. Tks

If we all could get a new headband, then we all still wouldn't have broken JVC SZ series hinges, who don't have access to 3D printers. LOL - If your only concern is headband flaking, well, your in a much better position then most of us, thats for sure. You should be able to find headband covers for JVC SZ series cans on Amazon or Ebay. You should also be able to just get a universal headband cover that may not be a perfect fit, but will work as well, if you can't find an exact match. Good luck, and enjoy those SZ series can's while they last.

Feb 7, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #11,870 of 12,992
If we all could get a new headband, then we all still wouldn't have broken JVC SZ series hinges, who don't have access to 3D printers. LOL - If your only concern is headband flaking, well, your in a much better position then most of us, thats for sure. You should be able to find headband covers for JVC SZ series cans on Amazon or Ebay. You should also be able to just get a universal headband cover that may not be a perfect fit, but will work as well, if you can't find an exact match. Good luck, and enjoy those SZ series can's while they last.
Thank you

Feb 8, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #11,875 of 12,992
I am bass head

Which brand has is a real bass Sony headphone or Sennheiser

I have only used Sennheiser headphone whole life

Ex.

Sennheiser

Rs 170

HD 185

HD 175

HD 202

Sennheiser-Urbanite-XL

598 open

A few days ago I tried Sony WH-XB900N I noticed the bass was completely different from Sennheiser headphones

For Example Sony headphone bass was wide and my whole ear was vibrating compare to all Sennheiser headphones. Sennheiser was more like on the head not wide and direct.

Here I am asking which bass is common or original

If I buy a different brand of headphone which bass I am going to get a Sony or Sennheiser ones

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #11,876 of 12,992
Anyone would guess which headphone is better? Yamaha pro 500 ( bought it because it shows in the Bass ranking here) vs Meze 99 classic vs B&W P7 vs V-Moda LP2? As the ranking is old, I liked the Yamaha but since I also got the JVC Live Beats I think about getting something different.Also have the LCD XC and Elear. Tkx
I never believed this would ever happen. I also bought the Yamahas as they were the only Headphones form this entire Thread that were avalible and in my budget (got them for 140 euros). So with the ifi Hip Dac and Bass boost on lower frequencies they do slam but my head is just to small for this Headphone(they are to loose).
So im am adding to the Question here what Heahphones would be an upgrade or sidegrade.

Feb 11, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #11,877 of 12,992
Cascades are my end game. I was really happy with the TH-X00 purplehearts until hinges broke and wires lost sound years later, I was so scared that I wouldn't find anything to match up. Cascades are far more detailed, more mid bass and hit almost as low with sub bass, without eq. Not to mention far more portable and built like a tank. They also have revised the headband so they look a lot better on than they used to.

For the truly crazy bassheads, EQ cranking is absolutely insane if you want a skull rattling ear massage that you can feel... They respond remarkably well and with the right EQ highs and details remain.

I have them hooked up to my trusty ican micro and the 3D setting also does wonders. I honestly can't live without that now. I hear things in songs that I never once heard with the Fostex phones on the same set up.

The only con is that they put pressure on the middle of my head after some time wearing, so I put 2 Dekoni nuggets on the headband and now I can wear them all day.

Feb 12, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #11,880 of 12,992
I am bass head

Which brand has is a real bass Sony headphone or Sennheiser

I have only used Sennheiser headphone whole life

Ex.

Sennheiser

Rs 170

HD 185

HD 175

HD 202

Sennheiser-Urbanite-XL

598 open

A few days ago I tried Sony WH-XB900N I noticed the bass was completely different from Sennheiser headphones

For Example Sony headphone bass was wide and my whole ear was vibrating compare to all Sennheiser headphones. Sennheiser was more like on the head not wide and direct.

Here I am asking which bass is common or original

If I buy a different brand of headphone which bass I am going to get a Sony or Sennheiser ones
To be honest, there's no such thing as "Sennheiser bass" or "Sony bass"; bass is bass, IMO. You either have too much of it, or too little, and all the varying spots in-between.

With that being said, Sony is more adept at making "bass heavy" headphones; they have a rich pedigree in this particular aspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back