The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Dec 24, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #10,682 of 12,972
I 've mentioned this before but my whole idea of subbass changed when i was in highschool and visited an audio store and they had this Kicker Solo X 18" custom seat. The subbass of 1 of these shook my intestines and the whole store. 5000RMS (raw dirty subbass power) from just one
This store had 2 of these in a custom van, and it blew the door off. One of them Astro Vans.

I had the best vehicle for sub-bass - Ford Excursion. I only could afford 15's ( 1-2K RMS and that is USA RMS) .at the time so i never got to my dream of 18s bass monsters (i've played with some crappy 18s)

But that thing dynamated up and 3 18s squares (or eqv.) is my subbass dream.

So I have realistic dreams with headphones.

subbass is a drug

but nothing here is gonna move that much air lol

My fav headphone overall has like 0 subbass . Beyer bias hell yes. I rock with dt48/480 so you can see how deluded i've become with the vintage German stuff.

giphy.gif

I even emailed JVC trying to talk to their engineers to bring back a super sz model.....
,..... it did not go well haha... i could not get access to the headphone engineers to give my pitch

Haha, when I got my first Sundown I was in sub bass heaven >=D

I only wish I had a bit more space for some extra box volume and another one and something that can handle another alternator / more batteries.
But as time goes on, I'm growing up anyway. I still like to bass out every now and again, but moreso I like when shiznit be musical. So need something that can keep up with the big bass =D

But yeah, gotta be realistic haha, we know how physics work, but you can still get a lot of enjoyment from headphones >=D

Alas, looks like a dead end tbh. What they need to do is make an anniversary edition.

Can somebody mention a TOTL basshead can?

What SHAMuuu said.

From my personal experience, you also have the ZMF Eikons and the Kennerton Odin. They can take more of a beating than most of the high end headphones which generally aren't made for that.

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #10,683 of 12,972
For anyone looking for a good hip-hop music to test <30hz bass frequencies here you go :

As a hip-hop dj keen on hip-hop/trap music and sub basses, i don't know any other song that has so many <30hz notes in it. The On My Level song was ok 6 years ago but some people here need to move on and accept it's not the best anymore to test extreme sub-bass frequencies

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #10,684 of 12,972
For anyone looking for a good hip-hop music to test <30hz bass frequencies here you go :

As a hip-hop dj keen on hip-hop/trap music and sub basses, i don't know any other song that has so many <30hz notes in it. The On My Level song was ok 6 years ago but some people here need to move on and accept it's not the best anymore to test extreme sub-bass frequencies

I don't think he said it was the best, just that it was used as a reference to keep things easier to see.
Obv the best ones are the bass mekanics type audio tracks and pure sub bass frequency notes for testing.

Jan 16, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #10,685 of 12,972

You want sub bass >=)?

Jan 18, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #10,687 of 12,972
The bass on this was Deeeelicious. I was kinda like rolling my eyes going "oh ok another track" anticipating disappointment, but hmm that is heavy ear tickling.

giphy.gif

Happy that you liked. I know what serious bass is and I'm a sub bass head anyway. The only use I have for this new era of Drill/Trap. Nothing beats running it in the car >=D

Most of the bassline in this track is sick, but then they add another layer right at the end at 2:50 :')

And then my mate's favourite.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #10,691 of 12,972
Hi!
I've been with Urban Fun Transound 1 for more than a month, which are basically the renamed RBH HP-2 and I have a concern. It turns out that, with songs where the bass and sub bass are very marked, I begin to hear or perceive a bit of distortion. I am not using amplifier (dead battery) now with my Fiio X5 III slightly equalized, volume 90/120 and high gain. I do not think the driver is damaged or defective since the rest of the frequencies run very well. Given this, I have not wanted to equalize extremely and much less add an amplifier because I think the driver could be damaged. Anyone with these could you give me your opinion?

Feb 25, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #10,693 of 12,972
Hi!
I've been with Urban Fun Transound 1 for more than a month, which are basically the renamed RBH HP-2 and I have a concern. It turns out that, with songs where the bass and sub bass are very marked, I begin to hear or perceive a bit of distortion. I am not using amplifier (dead battery) now with my Fiio X5 III slightly equalized, volume 90/120 and high gain. I do not think the driver is damaged or defective since the rest of the frequencies run very well. Given this, I have not wanted to equalize extremely and much less add an amplifier because I think the driver could be damaged. Anyone with these could you give me your opinion?

the RBH was prone to failure, which is why they discontinued it. luckily they honored the warranty for me and sent me a brand new pair when my first pair failed, and luckily the new pair has not failed at all. --- fyi it sounds 10x better with ZMF Cowhide pads, really transforms it into a TOTL, i was impressed by how much the cowhides made it better and it was already good before...

Feb 25, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #10,694 of 12,972
the RBH was prone to failure, which is why they discontinued it. luckily they honored the warranty for me and sent me a brand new pair when my first pair failed, and luckily the new pair has not failed at all. --- fyi it sounds 10x better with ZMF Cowhide pads, really transforms it into a TOTL, i was impressed by how much the cowhides made it better and it was already good before...

That's right, I've used Brainwavz sheepskin and it improves the scenery and clarity, which in itself is good already. I think these take away a bit of impact, compared to the original ones, but they are very comfortable.

You take them to the extreme level? Do not you notice any slight distortion (little stress on the driver)?

Mar 2, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #10,695 of 12,972
hi guys, so i was skiing with over ear headphones because i cant figure out how to wear a helmet and overears at the same time, and i got whiplash very bad almost a concussion.

are there any in ear headphones (i hate in ear, clip ons might work too) that you guys can recommend for less than $100. i like the value of the shp9500 and m40x but they are over ear. bass is always my biggest problem. please give me 4 or 5 different ones so i can compare.

thank you so much, you guys are major time savers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back