The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 15, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #7,426 of 12,991
  I did a search on the thread and can't believe I didn't find some matches on the Ultrasone Pro900 with the Lawton Angle Denon pads.
That's an incredible, jaw dropping, bass combo.

Having gone through several well tiered headphones, including the Ultrasone Signature Pro (which is a frequent comparison), nothing comes close to Pro 900 + Lawton pads for me, in terms of bass hit and aggressiviness.

If someone has the chance to try it, do it and you won't regret!!!

I owned a set of Pro 900

It is no worthy of being placed on the top 10 or even 20 list.

Aug 15, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #7,427 of 12,991
None of the Ultrasone models are really capable of more bass than any Grado in my experience. I didn't even like them for studio/reference work which is what they were made for.

Your sig says you have the Hifiman HE-400, i was able to get those to hit significantly harder, still not top 10 or 20 level though.

Aug 15, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #7,428 of 12,991
Ultrasones do well if you are not looking for something extreme.
Un-amped, my Ultrasone Signature DJs hit harder than the SZxxxx series and has more clarity in the mids and up-top as well.
When we get into amping territory, that's where it loses to all of the top list.

Aug 15, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #7,429 of 12,991
I agree with you... however extreme is the key word here. That said I wouldn't recommend them even to someone who came in here and said they wanted something that would rumble crazy bass straight out of their smartphone.

The mids & highs clarity between the two can be disputed, I won't lie that I use my SZ's unEQ'd sometimes, but even unamped they don't hit a ton harder imo.

Aug 16, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #7,430 of 12,991
Well, agree to disagree.
I had both, the SZ1000/2000 and the only way they REALLY excelled was amped and EQ'ed. I actually WOULDN'T recommend these JVCs unless they have an amp, love EQ'ing and are "ok" with overly warm mids... it all depends on what the user wants and likes.

Aug 16, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #7,433 of 12,991
  I have some Jvc sz2000, and when bass hits it almost completely knocks the high's out, can you help?

source? eq, any other settings we should know about?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #7,436 of 12,991
How long you had em? Brain burn in is a big deal with these. Bass is so overwhelming that for awhile you wont hear anything but. After you settle in with them you should start noticing things you couldn't hear before.

We are also all different so our ears hear different things. I Am treble sensitive so I don't really mess with the treble at all. Upper mids to 8k get a tiny boost from me through eq, but that's mainly to brighten up the mids a little bit without killing any of the low end. At the volumes I listen at things end up balancing out nicely. At lower volumes, I could see the need for more treble as they are dark sounding head phones.

Aug 16, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #7,437 of 12,991

I'm Using Apo equalizer for my computer, i had the bass were i liked it but i just cut's the high's out when the bass is hitting.

Post a screenshot of your equalizer please and make sure you are using high gain on your FiiO!

There is a good chance adding some EQ to the upper mids will bring back the clarity you miss

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #7,438 of 12,991
Hey all - I haven't been able to follow this thread for the past like, six months.

Last thing I did was read a very small bit about the phones HBB was sent in the massive ass indestructible case. Tactix or something? 
Anyways, would anybody be so kind as to let me know if any other crazy bass phones have been discovered? Checking the front page, I see not much has changed in the top 10 list. Money's been kinda tight so I haven't been able to keep any SZ2K's around.. but I have picked up some other fancy toys. 

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #7,439 of 12,991
  Hey all - I haven't been able to follow this thread for the past like, six months.

Last thing I did was read a very small bit about the phones HBB was sent in the massive ass indestructible case. Tactix or something? 
Anyways, would anybody be so kind as to let me know if any other crazy bass phones have been discovered? Checking the front page, I see not much has changed in the top 10 list. Money's been kinda tight so I haven't been able to keep any SZ2K's around.. but I have picked up some other fancy toys. 

Not sure what the status on the Taction KANNON are but I am waiting for the open backs version. The TH-X00 and Pioneer DJ are on the list now. The Pioneer was on the list before.

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #7,440 of 12,991
picked up a pair of SZ2000s that have only 10-15 hours on them.

Whats the general consensus for appropriate burn in time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back