The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 12, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #7,396 of 12,991
Angled hm5 pads don't sound too good, the hybrids make them sound much better. The sz2000 come with the worst sounding stock pads I have where heard. Literally every pad I put on them sounds better than stock.
FYI didnt see any mention of the ZMF pads for the sz series. Zmf pads are the best I have tried on these cans.

Aug 12, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #7,397 of 12,991
So I saw in the first post that you used the equalizer app for the iPad

What do you recommend for a MacBook? I've heard spotEQ is good, but I've also heard of media monkey/ Jammix enhancer and other plugins. Is that overkill, should I stick to one EQ program?

Thanks man

I don't know about the other apps but when I had the iPhone 6 for a brief moment. Only spoteq let me eq spotify. If the other ones work and is a parametric eq, then go for it. Spoteq is graphic and doesn't work as well as parametric. I would take graphic eq over no eq :wink:

Aug 12, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #7,400 of 12,991
I wish I had more, I don't have any extras currently but ill post if I am able to get my hands on a bunch of them again. Some liquidation company had 8 sets with damaged cables and that's where I got them. Sometimes also damaged 55x's show up on ebay and then you can get a set for nothing... and have something to practice your soldering skills on before you recable anything nice :p

Chilly I was gonna ask are you stil rockin those technics?

Aug 12, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #7,401 of 12,991
I wish I had more, I don't have any extras currently but ill post if I am able to get my hands on a bunch of them again. Some liquidation company had 8 sets with damaged cables and that's where I got them. Sometimes also damaged 55x's show up on ebay and then you can get a set for nothing... and have something to practice your soldering skills on before you recable anything nice
tongue.gif

Chilly I was gonna ask are you stil rockin those technics?

nah, I wanted a portable set so comfort was priority. I couldn't find a set of pads that fit right and sealed so I had to return them.  It would have been perfect for my portable use if I found some pads for it.

they are a fantastic set though.  good mids and treble wasn't peaky at all.

Aug 13, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #7,402 of 12,991
Question:

What headphones offer the best balance of tight bass impact with as little mids recession as possible?

Dont want the hardest hitting in the world,just looking for the best happy medium.

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #7,404 of 12,991
The Green line is Emu Teak with TH900 drivers in them. Red is my very extensive TH900 driver mod with custom 3D printed cups and a ton of other things.

Now I was having a bit of fun with tuning and decided to just make a bass blaster.
Heh.

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #7,406 of 12,991
  The Green line is Emu Teak with TH900 drivers in them. Red is my very extensive TH900 driver mod with custom 3D printed cups and a ton of other things.

Now I was having a bit of fun with tuning and decided to just make a bass blaster.
Heh.

I think a basshead might wanna buy that super boosted unit
biggrin.gif

The boy does it again!!! @PETEREK

My favorite modder,cable maker, solid transaction guy on this site. His stuff is always top notch! Looks nice!!

Aug 14, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #7,408 of 12,991
Care to share details? Literally off the charts sub bass is very appealing :eek:

I've been working on a custom headphone for a while using TH900 drivers as a starting point. I changed alot to the drivers, than any person with th900 would want to do. Made custom parts, etc. I was messing around, jokingly making a bass heavy version and made this bass blaster. With a perfect seal, its head poundingly intense. Im using HM5 hybrid pads, so getting a seal is super comfy.

Im working or getting another set made, gunna have fun with that one. It'll feature more custom parts.

Anyways, yeah. Fostex biocelulose drivers are pretty interesting once you undo alot of their tuning :^).

Aug 14, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #7,409 of 12,991
I've been working on a custom headphone for a while using TH900 drivers as a starting point. I changed alot to the drivers, than any person with th900 would want to do. Made custom parts, etc. I was messing around, jokingly making a bass heavy version and made this bass blaster. With a perfect seal, its head poundingly intense. Im using HM5 hybrid pads, so getting a seal is super comfy.

Im working or getting another set made, gunna have fun with that one. It'll feature more custom parts.

Anyways, yeah. Fostex biocelulose drivers are pretty interesting once you undo alot of their tuning :^).

Wouldn't it be more cost effcient to start with the th600 or thx00? They basically use the same drivers, right?

Aug 14, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #7,410 of 12,991
Would be very cool to do something like the SZ2000 with a dual driver design but that takes a lot of engineering to get right and not turn into a self-detrimental mess. I don't see why not to use the thx00 though, there are so many of them and they are so much less than the 600 even.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back