The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 14, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #7,411 of 12,991
Wouldn't it be more cost effcient to start with the th600 or thx00? They basically use the same drivers, right?

Nah.

THx00/Emu Teak have the same driver, TH600 and TH900 drivers are similar but the magnet chamber is deeper than thx00/EMU driver. That increases bass response. I talked to fostex, after some tests, distortion ratings are better on the th900 driver than th600 driver despite similar costs and performance.

I get my parts from Fostex so I didnt buy an entire th900. Just drivers. Anyways, next mod, increase bass response by another 5dB. Bass is love, bass is life.

And make a paper shaker video.

Aug 14, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #7,413 of 12,991
was thinking of buying a JVC HA-SZ2000

wondering if you listen to psy-trance, if the details will shine or at least, that the treble will make a satisfactory sounds, when going on with the drum percussion in 130 bpm

and the details and melody?

how bad or good is really the midrange and treble on the JVC HA-SZ2000?

Aug 14, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #7,414 of 12,991
  was thinking of buying a JVC HA-SZ2000

wondering if you listen to psy-trance, if the details will shine or at least, that the treble will make a satisfactory sounds, when going on with the drum percussion in 130 bpm

and the details and melody?

how bad or good is really the midrange and treble on the JVC HA-SZ2000?

no psytrance here but lots of 90s house & techno  - close enough. the details definitely shine through, don't worry. but - if you don't think they have enough detail, and are willing to sacrifice some of the physical impact, the brainwavz pads are a good option.

Aug 14, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #7,419 of 12,991
They will fit, and turn them into bass city.

Bass city...

Why Ninja's never hang out with bassheads...
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #7,420 of 12,991
Woah I did not know they will sell you just the 900's drivers if you want. That's what I need...

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/507385-Fostex-1471548843

I was curious after readiing your post:p

i don't have FOSTEX,  i wish i did, n could jump on thos x00 on massdrop.

i might look into t50rp down the line dunno.

maybe that's what you're looking for in link

smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #7,421 of 12,991

I would say the th-X00

Thanks will look into them.

Anyone else have an opinion for the best happy medium for tight bass impact+midrange?

Aug 14, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #7,422 of 12,991
Nah.

THx00/Emu Teak have the same driver, TH600 and TH900 drivers are similar but the magnet chamber is deeper than thx00/EMU driver. That increases bass response. I talked to fostex, after some tests, distortion ratings are better on the th900 driver than th600 driver despite similar costs and performance.

I get my parts from Fostex so I didnt buy an entire th900. Just drivers. Anyways, next mod, increase bass response by another 5dB. Bass is love, bass is life.

And make a paper shaker video.

Duuuuude, if i can make my own set with fostex drivers, that are fully closed, and portable, it would be my end all search for a protable set.

I need some pic of the monsters you've create, Dr. Fostex-stein 
biggrin.gif

Thanks will look into them.

Anyone else have an opinion for the best happy medium for tight bass impact+midrange?

I see that you have he lcd 2.2.  You tried to eq them yet, I could get mine going pretty good. Just picked up a set of oppo pm-3 and I could get those to ws1100 levels.

moral of story,  EQ is your friend :)

IF your just in the market for another set or just want more impact, then go for it.

Also, check out the Technics, they are very good set for the money.  They do need a butt load of power and the stock pads are ass.

Aug 14, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #7,423 of 12,991

Duuuuude, if i can make my own set with fostex drivers, that are fully closed, and portable, it would be my end all search for a protable set.

I need some pic of the monsters you've create, Dr. Fostex-stein 
biggrin.gif

I see that you have he lcd 2.2.  You tried to eq them yet, I could get mine going pretty good. Just picked up a set of oppo pm-3 and I could get those to ws1100 levels.

moral of story,  EQ is your friend :)

IF your just in the market for another set or just want more impact, then go for it.

Also, check out the Technics, they are very good set for the money.  They do need a butt load of power and the stock pads are ass.

Heya,yeah I run all my headphones thru vintage receivers,which have low/mid/high EQ plus that magic "loudness" button.

I find that my HE-500s have better impact than my LCD 2s,but the Audezes extend further.

Im looking for a fun set of thumping cans,TIGHT thump tho,where the "V-shape" isnt that pronounced for my rock music.

Reading thru some old threads I saw Ultrasone mentioned,but Ive never heard them before and I know many folks here dont like them.

Which Technics are we talking about?

Aug 14, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #7,424 of 12,991

Heya,yeah I run all my headphones thru vintage receivers,which have low/mid/high EQ plus that magic "loudness" button.

I find that my HE-500s have better impact than my LCD 2s,but the Audezes extend further.

Im looking for a fun set of thumping cans,TIGHT thump tho,where the "V-shape" isnt that pronounced for my rock music.

Reading thru some old threads I saw Ultrasone mentioned,but Ive never heard them before and I know many folks here dont like them.

Which Technics are we talking about?

technic dp-rh1250

for being a dj set these things are really balanced, good mids and non-peaky treble.   I was really surprised when I first listened to them.  I thought I was going to get the usual DJ sound sig, not in the technics case.  Like I said the pads are bad, it really shallow and i couldn't keep them on for a long period of time.

Aug 15, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #7,425 of 12,991
I did a search on the thread and can't believe I didn't find some matches on the Ultrasone Pro900 with the Lawton Angle Denon pads.
That's an incredible, jaw dropping, bass combo.

Having gone through several well tiered headphones, including the Ultrasone Signature Pro (which is a frequent comparison), nothing comes close to Pro 900 + Lawton pads for me, in terms of bass hit and aggressiviness.

If someone has the chance to try it, do it and you won't regret!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back