The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 17, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #601 of 12,972
I ordered the JVC SZ2000 after reading this thread. Im very excited to listen to them. Im a huge basshead. (i also ordered the ultrasone pro900 to compare with the jvc, but i will send those back)

Jun 17, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #602 of 12,972
  I ordered the JVC SZ2000 after reading this thread. Im very excited to listen to them. Im a huge basshead. (i also ordered the ultrasone pro900 to compare with the jvc, but i will send those back)

Good move.
The Ultrasone use 40mm titanium drivers. Excellent cans but they are limited by the 40mm spec.
Buy a pair of JVC Xtreme Xplode 55x and take the pads off for epic bass. The sz2000 got bass in ******* spades bro. The firm xx pads don't seal good but if your a basshead and want that slam on the side of the face your gonna want THOSE pads.

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #604 of 12,972
Jun 17, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #605 of 12,972
Thanks for the info HBB ^^
Hey guys, I was wondering if these cans are played lets say from an ipod/iphone without an amp.. will they still rumble as in ranked, the 'canons' in particular.. coz so far I have only tried beats in the list, and it do rumble/slam without an amp, so was thinking if cans like 77 will out perform it? At the moment i just have the e6 >< I'm considering to get the e12 amp when I have $$.. haha Thanks 

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #606 of 12,972
  Thanks for the info HBB ^^
Hey guys, I was wondering if these cans are played lets say from an ipod/iphone without an amp.. will they still rumble as in ranked, the 'canons' in particular.. coz so far I have only tried beats in the list, and it do rumble/slam without an amp, so was thinking if cans like 77 will out perform it? At the moment i just have the e6 >< I'm considering to get the e12 amp when I have $$.. haha Thanks 

I JUST made this short vid for the sz thread since somebody asked the same question there.

Fullscreen this.
Watch it in full screen.
Without an amp you are not getting that. 
I have an e12. It shows it's face in the vid.
You will not get "Cannon" level bass without an amp. Not by this threads competitive standards anyway.
The word cannon when applied to headphones is often subjective. That video is objective.

Your watching it. Your opinion of what you see is subjective but that paper fluttering is objective.
The whole point of these videos.
Take the opinion out and put the visual in it's place.

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #608 of 12,972
  its still plugged in an amp as far as i can see ? 

I'm demonstrating that it needs an amp for impact level bass so yes...it is plugged into the e12....it is ALWAYS plugged into the e12.

EDIT:

@hummel

It does not give cannon head punching bass without an amp. The sz2000 need an amp for powerful bass.

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #610 of 12,972

VIBE BLACK DEATH v.s. Audio Technica ATH-Pro700Mk2

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
VIBE BLACK DEATH!

Approx half of a sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup slightly holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source: iPod Touch with EQ set to bass boost, playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE17 with bass EQ to max setting 10 and 12dB gain

Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-PRO700MK2

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup slightly holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source: iPod Touch with EQ set to bass boost, playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Recommend:

Comments: high clamping force made difficult to position paper

MAY REDO - NOT HAPPY - VIDEO IS ALL OVER THE PLACE DUE TO ME NOT KEEPING IT STEADY!

[size=medium]?[/size]​
 ​
 ​
 ​
(winner faces modded Akai)​

Both cans owned by @cb3723
And he's gotta call this match
Can't tell this one by video. 

UPDATED:

Pro 700MK2....YOU LOSE!!
 ​

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #612 of 12,972
how is the bass on the ultrasone compared to the jvc? 
Is the jvc good for listening to house music?

Yeah, I use both the SZ2000 & 1000 to listen to house, Hardhouse, Tek House, Electro House - that's a lotta House :)

It's only when you listen to deep bass frequency hip-hop fodder that HBB drops like the Wiz Khalifa track, now the unofficial test track of this extreme bass thread with applied increased bass EQ - that brings the house down - in a good way of course :wink:

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #613 of 12,972
can any of you guys tell me what a good EQ is for mac? I use the fiio e17, but do the sz2000 need more eq settings than the fiio can give?

I've the Fiio E17 also which I use on bass/paper test videos - just crank it up to max bass setting 10 and prepare to be blown away in an avalanche of subterranean bass - use test tracks shown on this thread to experience just how heavy your new JVC's can hit - just don't get KO'd by them as they pack quite a punch :D

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #614 of 12,972

VIBE BLACK DEATH v.s. [COLOR=FF0000]Audio Technica ATH-Pro700Mk2[/COLOR]

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
VIBE BLACK DEATH!

[rule]

Test Conditions

Recommend:

[rule]

AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-PRO700MK2

[rule]

Test Conditions

Recommend:

[rule]

Comments: high clamping force made difficult to position paper

MAY REDO - NOT HAPPY - VIDEO IS ALL OVER THE PLACE DUE TO ME NOT KEEPING IT STEADY!
[rule]

?

(winner faces modded Akai)​

Both cans owned by @cb3723

And he's gotta call this match
Can't tell this one by video. 

Thanks for letting me call this one bro :)

Due to the very high clamping force and unbelievable time attempting to do another video better than the first one and getting no better - I'm going to call the winner of these two to the Vibe Black Death cans, but not just due to the Audio Technica clamping force fail - the Black Deaths have to me been bit of a dark horse in this battle of extreme bass cans and a late arrival to the pack that I almost forgot about.

But I'm glad I did the test with these cans as they really pushed some decent bass air pressure and rocked the paper to good effect - a pleasant surprise for sure :)

Turns out HBB had already tagged these cans early on, only under the guise of NuMark Electrowave - the Vibe Black Death are the same cans, just different branding - these cans hit hard with 50mm drivers - the BD's slogan gives a clear message - DEATH BY BASS :wink:

Pro700MK2 - you are a good and worthy combatant but your high clamp is your cramp in a successful bass test as it pushes the paper to hard into the earcup rendering it very hard to show your bass hit - but like life - s**t happens, but the Vibe BD is a worthy opponent that deserves this win :cool:

Pro700MK2 - U lose!

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #615 of 12,972
Thanks alot for that vid HBB..  Its like the e12 coming to say hi haha.. 
Agree with you on the subjective and objective.
You know I always go wow and all high when the sz vibrate the paper lol~
I must get the e12 or e17 asap whichever is better. Keep coming with the vids. I watch every of em' XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back