The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Nov 15, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #10,081 of 12,992
Bro,

https://audio991.wordpress.com/

I am gonna need help. Audioholikz. Can change it to Bad guy(s) as well. Gonna take me to end of Winter to get it rolling but I will.

My now set to private blog is near a Milly
YT...near a Milly
This thread...near a Milly

That new site. Gonna be same. It will look dope later. I gotta work on it but I got Christmas so it will be a bit. That berrilium set with some pics and some written thoughts would be a good set to put on there.

No adsense stuff. No money in it at all.

Oregonian, Chilly,Talan, 808, old dude, Drblue, etc...welcome

New project from the bassement? Congrats man!!

Nov 15, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #10,082 of 12,992
New project from the bassement? Congrats man!!

The internet ...
It's time for some bassheads with a love for music to gather and do this.

Car audio was a branch that grew before this one did.

Don't worry internetz, everything is gonna be..

giphy.gif

Nov 15, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #10,083 of 12,992
My hifi-basshead amp has been upgraded today. Swapped out the stock caps with two. I can now push 17V or so without worrying about the stock cap giving out. Also upgraded the stock copper cables inside the unit with silver plated OCC foil wires. Sound is so much smoother and the bass and subbass improved over stock.
20171115_150629.jpg
20171115_150637.jpg
20171115_151329.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #10,085 of 12,992
Sice solder points bro! Looks cleaner than some companies work

Thanks. I had to use the microscope at work to solder onto the hirose connector. You guys should try out the cable that I'm using. Cable is cheap enough and the sound flowing through them is just amazing. It's about 10 dollars per meter shipped. You can't beat that. So I also bought the copper version and mixed it. The mixed one will be used for interconnects and maybe even for the SZ1000. The SZ 2000 doesn't need the "upgrade" based on what I'm hearing.
I have the connectors in (TRRS) already. So it's just finding the time to start drilling out the SZ1000 and using quad wires per side. Copper for the bass driver and the silver for the smaller driver. And of course in balanced config.

The two cable on top are the ones I have mixed already. The two bottom ones are the originals.

20171109_094839.jpg

Nov 15, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #10,086 of 12,992
Thanks. I had to use the microscope at work to solder onto the hirose connector. You guys should try out the cable that I'm using. Cable is cheap enough and the sound flowing through them is just amazing. It's about 10 dollars per meter shipped. You can't beat that. So I also bought the copper version and mixed it. The mixed one will be used for interconnects and maybe even for the SZ1000. The SZ 2000 doesn't need the "upgrade" based on what I'm hearing.
I have the connectors in (TRRS) already. So it's just finding the time to start drilling out the SZ1000 and using quad wires per side. Copper for the bass driver and the silver for the smaller driver. And of course in balanced config.

The two cable on top are the ones I have mixed already. The two bottom ones are the originals.

Looks like Pimp daddy mack bling!

Nov 16, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #10,088 of 12,992

you can wear them as chains

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #10,089 of 12,992
do you still recommend cayin c5, as amplifier even for home use? as im looking for something not so expensive and with more dynamics in the sound
or are there better sounding amplifiers for the same amount of money, with the same power and qualityparts, dynamics?

are there any place where it is sold within EU?

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #10,090 of 12,992
and have to comment a little about the beyerdynamics 770 pro 80 ohm

it does have a nice bass, according to the construction and materials , though as many says it is not a bass monster , and some other , still quite a enjoyable pair
due to the pads and different padding, and a larger area of conduct

though the fluxating in driver design makes it not so good
and only 45mm

still a detailed bass is always a + and more area for the driver to cope with if you want more hearable changes

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #10,092 of 12,992
and have to comment a little about the beyerdynamics 770 pro 80 ohm

it does have a nice bass, according to the construction and materials , though as many says it is not a bass monster , and some other , still quite a enjoyable pair
due to the pads and different padding, and a larger area of conduct

though the fluxating in driver design makes it not so good
and only 45mm

still a detailed bass is always a + and more area for the driver to cope with if you want more hearable changes

Defo not impact monster/ paper mover, but very special can. Very enjoyable for fun listening while getting necessary details. Quite EQ friendly to thin/thicken sound for different genres (though i wouldn't say for classical), but defo Jazz can work (keeping in mind its a closedback though)

Its less appreciated now, but once out of lineup, definitely missed, and not as easy to replace as one would imagine. Yes, you can get more technically better, but hard to beat 80ohm'r magic. But it will not take the extreme bass eq'ing which is unfortunate, and well that is why its not on list :p

but a great can IMO still :D

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #10,093 of 12,992
@SHAMuuu still the 65 ohms Koss KTX Pro1 still has some good spot with today markets going for stronger power, more efficient

may getting up to a good point of 1kohm in the closer further reality :)

did all go well, was it you i saw and got sad about that had some medical things to sort out?

and Shamuu , do you know some good amps that can be mentioned, has not been keep updating on the thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back