The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 19, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #9,796 of 12,992
Come to think of it, i was getting distortion at 1-2 o'clock (idsd) when I was using Equalify for spotify on my pc. Might be a combination of things on your pc setup. Only thing I can suggest is try Neutron for iphone. If that doesn't work, then I don't know.

This ^^. I use Neutron on my phone and tablet.

Also, @AIPkw I use EqualizerAPO for my PC, maybe that would help.

Aug 21, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #9,797 of 12,992
Come to think of it, i was getting distortion at 1-2 o'clock (idsd) when I was using Equalify for spotify on my pc. Might be a combination of things on your pc setup. Only thing I can suggest is try Neutron for iphone. If that doesn't work, then I don't know.

Just downloaded it. Can you please post your EQ settings so that I can test it out?

This ^^. I use Neutron on my phone and tablet.

Also, @AIPkw I use EqualizerAPO for my PC, maybe that would help.

This is an older post of mine:
So I've finally managed to acquire and setup everything, but I seem to be getting the "farty" bass sound when I move the volume knob beyond 11 o'clock.

The setup:
35HwU7a.jpg

EQ settings (stolen from OldDude04, sorry...and thanks):
uemz3CL.png

Turbo mode. Direct. Bit-Perfect. XBass and 3D are switched on. My music is mostly FLAC or 320 CBR or V0 VBR.

The same thing happens with my iPhone although the input is from the 3.5mm jack while with the PC, it's from the USB port. I do feel my head rattling when I do not go over 11 o'clock on the volume knob however, I also do feel that I can push these cans further. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I've tried Equalizer APO with a couple of different settings within iFi's software. Same output really.

Aug 21, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #9,799 of 12,992
I've tried Equalizer APO with a couple of different settings within iFi's software. Same output really.

I just tried out your test file (I forgot the other day). It is most definitely your file. Your version of "On My Level" is severely boosted in the low frequencies. The EQ setups I've posted, and I'm sure the others have posted are not for songs that already have a 10 or more DB boost on the bass. My setup adds enough bass that I don't use pre-boosted files at all. Your file made my SZ's flutter in an ugly way at 11 o'clock on the volume knob, whereas my unboosted version of "On Me Level" sounds great and goes to 1 o'clock or even 1:30 with no ugly notes. My advice is to use files that haven't been boosted or turn down the low end of your EQ or else you will always have that horrible farting noise.

Aug 21, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #9,800 of 12,992
Just downloaded it. Can you please post your EQ settings so that I can test it out?

This is an older post of mine:

My eq for testing is as basic as it gets. Low shelf @90hz, 20+ db, gain -20. If the set hits then I start playing with mountains and slopes. If it doesn't hit with the basic boost, then I don't even bother playing with the bass because it's not a basshead set.

Try olddudes solution. Might be that the track your using is already a boosted version.

Aug 24, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #9,809 of 12,992
Hi Guys, I'm back. I lost this thread and have to dig up in my mail. Thread's no longer working and have to search old school, one by one and there are a lot of basshead threads in headfi...
bsvsbs.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back