The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 30, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #9,557 of 12,992
do u think this would work on other headphones like hifiman 560 and lcd2
Need to be verified. But according @Hawaiibadboy a fee posts back, and also depending on headphone design, this should give a degree of sub bass "feel" :)

May 30, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #9,558 of 12,992
Need to be verified. But according @Hawaiibadboy a fee posts back, and also depending on headphone design, this should give a degree of sub bass "feel" :)

I think it would work on all headphones with comfy pads that eat the resonant vibes from the chassis. How that relates to sound sig changes in the mids would depend on the unit. I never tried with the sets mentioned so i have no idea but other members feedback will create a list of goods and bads.

May 31, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #9,559 of 12,992
Hi All,

Need some help from you regarding Earphone. Is there any low budget ear phones (need not to be earbud but in-ear is fine too) which has very very Deeeeep (or one of the the deeepest) Bass and very warm sound with smooth details. But it has to have Mic as I am using PowerAmp. Another most important thing is that is does that has open-back design so when I speak in Mic, my voice will sound natural and not something coming from cavity or echoed? I don't think there is any such earphone as they create Seal thus create vacuum. But still checking with you guys if anyone can suggest this. Please advise. Thanks.

Regards,
Akash

Last edited:
May 31, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #9,560 of 12,992
Hi All,

Need some help from you regarding Earphone. Is there any low budget ear phones (need not to be earbud but in-ear is fine too) which has very very Deeeeep (or one of the the deeepest) Bass and very warm sound with smooth details. But it has to have Mic as I am using PowerAmp. Another most important thing is that is does that has open-back design so when I speak in Mic, my voice will sound natural and not something coming from cavity or echoed? I don't think there is any such earphone as they create Seal thus create vacuum. But still checking with you guys if anyone can suggest this. Please advise. Thanks.

Regards,
Akash

Your question is better asked in this thread

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/head-fi-basshead-iem-thread-lists-page-1.761433/

Jun 1, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #9,561 of 12,992
Been listening to my old music, basically old wav files from my Cd's. Just jammin' away working on Excel spreadsheets and came along the Woofer Cooker bass track by Bass Hit from the Bass Submission album. The JVC's didn't cook at all and kept on giving. They are hooked up to the Nad 2140 amp, in the way of having 75 ohm resistors in it's path. Good stuff man. Figure about 2.5W per channel, peaking in the 4W range.

woofercooker.jpg

Jun 1, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #9,562 of 12,992
Been listening to my old music, basically old wav files from my Cd's. Just jammin' away working on Excel spreadsheets and came along the Woofer Cooker bass track by Bass Hit from the Bass Submission album. The JVC's didn't cook at all and kept on giving. They are hooked up to the Nad 2140 amp, in the way of having 75 ohm resistors in it's path. Good stuff man. Figure about 2.5W per channel, peaking in the 4W range.

Love that pic.
I have been beating the shiiii out of my SZ2k for 4 years and they are doing fine.

Jun 2, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #9,563 of 12,992
which are best audiophile bass cans?

Jun 2, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #9,564 of 12,992
Last edited:
Jun 2, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #9,565 of 12,992
great stuff. in a few months from now i will want a killer audiophile bass master to compliment my hugo 2. cheers cta.

Jun 2, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #9,566 of 12,992
which are best audiophile bass cans?
I never tried the Fostex Th900, But I do own the Sony Z1R's. The bass is deep, clear, robust. And when it's called upon on a song.... It brings it with authority.

Jun 2, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #9,567 of 12,992
I never tried the Fostex Th900, But I do own the Sony Z1R's. The bass is deep, clear, robust. And when it's called upon on a song.... It brings it with authority.

I've auditioned the Z1R's before and I did not experience the same as you .. I feel likey some genres of music don't work with them.

The Z1R's were amazing for pretty much anything but electronic music/hiphop for me. Bass tonality was good, and it extended pretty deep but it did not tickle my pickle the way it does with any of the top 10 on the list right now on page 1 ... Maybe if I had more time to mess around with EQ I can get it to rattle, but I can say v-moda M100 has more impact/reverb with just hardware boosting through an amp. Great headphones nonetheless for amazing detail and balance. Not so great for people who want to turn their brains into jello.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #9,569 of 12,992
I am about to have a set of modified custom Z1 in my possession ...will do a vid

meanwhile..

All due respect to the new stuff..
Ain't nothing like the Old School!!!

I was just listening to EPMD's Crossover yesterday! I was feeling like some old school. Listened to Candyman "Knocking Boots", Big Daddy Kane "Ain't No Half Stepping", and one of my favorites, Nice & Smooth "Sometimes I Rhyme Slow".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back