The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 29, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #856 of 12,993
Well, it all worked out.  I don't have a CC, so I just have my MC Debit card.  On Wed. I ordered, then an hour later cancelled an order for some ATH-Pro700Mk2's.  There's still a hold on those funds, so the order for the SZ1000's wouldn't go through.  I did, however, have enough for the Fiio E17 and iPod dock cable, so the amp comes first.  I have a set of HA-MR55x's, but I'm thinking of selling them.  Do I need the pads from those for full effect from the SZ-1000's?  I thought the stock pads were good with the 1000's?

Jun 30, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #857 of 12,993
  Well, it all worked out.  I don't have a CC, so I just have my MC Debit card.  On Wed. I ordered, then an hour later cancelled an order for some ATH-Pro700Mk2's.  There's still a hold on those funds, so the order for the SZ1000's wouldn't go through.  I did, however, have enough for the Fiio E17 and iPod dock cable, so the amp comes first.  I have a set of HA-MR55x's, but I'm thinking of selling them.  Do I need the pads from those for full effect from the SZ-1000's?  I thought the stock pads were good with the 1000's?

For bass transfer on your head you need those 55XX pads. The stock ones on the 1000 or not bad but the bass will not be felt like with xx pads.

If that impact isn't the most important factor then maybe stock will suit you fine.

Jun 30, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #858 of 12,993
HBB, the Razer video will be made. He tried it yesterday and failed, but he'll try it again today (although he doesn't want to blast them at full, because he thought he destroyed them yesterday LOL.)

Jun 30, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #859 of 12,993
Cool (video)

Please don't direct trolls to this thread.
Lets keep this place clean.
Differing opinions are the fruit and the knowledge we get from them is the nectar but...
Big claims need proof and it takes a few minutes to make a vid.
cool.gif

Jun 30, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #860 of 12,993
your proof is paper flapping about lol

Jun 30, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #861 of 12,993
  your proof is paper flapping about lol

Yes.

Detecting the force and energy of low frequency sound is so easy.

Folks can't wrap their heads around texture and transitions and separation ....and frankly could often care less

But a basshead can see what he needs here. Is that can gonna slap my head?

If it makes a 1/2 sheet of A4 paper flutter before distorting then yes...that can will make you feel it and hear it.

It's no coincidence that the most able cans are 50mm+ 

So the answer is yes.

Low frequency....git sum

Jun 30, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #862 of 12,993
"This is why more cans have been sold via my vids and this thread than perhaps anyone and their opinion on this entire site. You don't get that." you left this part out mate lmao you really have a high opinion of yourself just how many headphones have you sold then maybe you should ask the manufacturers for your earnings see how far you get.

Jun 30, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #864 of 12,993
"[COLOR=454434]This is why more cans have been sold via my vids and this thread than perhaps anyone and their opinion on this entire site. You don't get that." you left this part out mate lmao you really have a high opinion of yourself just how many headphones have you sold then maybe you should ask the manufacturers for your earnings see how far you get.[/COLOR]
I've seen jvc get a metric crap ton of new customers thanks to hbb. I stand by his post too. Listen to him... Don't listen to him. Either way, this thread goes on.

Jun 30, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #865 of 12,993
I've seen jvc get a metric crap ton of new customers thanks to hbb. I stand by his post too. Listen to him... Don't listen to him. Either way, this thread goes on.

I PM'd him.
I ran my mouth and it wasn't about bass.
I deserved to get called out.
Leave it be.
I sent a PM.

Back to the bass....please.

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #866 of 12,993
  "This is why more cans have been sold via my vids and this thread than perhaps anyone and their opinion on this entire site. You don't get that." you left this part out mate lmao you really have a high opinion of yourself just how many headphones have you sold then maybe you should ask the manufacturers for your earnings see how far you get.

You can start with me :)

I owe Hawaii this experience. And so do the recent owners and prospective buyers in the SZ thread. If you've been hanging out in here for the past few months, you'll have noticed how Hawaii's influence is nothing short of shocking. Starting with the dissolution of the historic original basshead club, to his ban, to a group protest of that ban that involved the intervention of the Head-Fi founder himself, to the splitting of the basshead club into two parties, and Hawaii's subversive life in Japan getting many admirers even among the site moderators. Comparing this level of influence to what one head-fi member well-versed in "audiophile" lingo can achieve in such a short time, it is definitely significant. The only guy that shook this whole website above Hawaii's level was banned as well. But that guy, whose name will get you banned by its mere mention, has left considerable energy that his influence even reached the official IEEE journal.

What Hawaii said is true: He has more legitimacy than anyone I've ever seen in this website relying on stock frequency responses and the audiophile language used to communicate their nuances. I am so convinced of his credibility that I spent almost $500 for the JVC HA-MR77X, the JVC HA-SZ2000, and the Fiio E12 by his word alone, and I never even imagined paying more than $50 on headphones with my student budget before that.

As for Hawaii getting compensated for his efforts, that is but a carefully crafted sequence of emails away. There is a huge, untapped market for headphones that can handle SPL competition level bass--so many car audio enthusiasts disappointed by mere simulations who'd change their minds with the SZ.

As for the paper test videos, I already explained the matter before. Without the videos, merely saying that pair A "slams harder" than pair B doesn't hold as much sway. The maximum bass SPLs of the reference cans have been measured, so both the testers and the readers can communicate better. I prefer this style so much--it's fun and very inclusive, and most of all, it has direction. I couldn't even look at some other threads without cringing--what do these people want? What are these people saying? In reference to what? In here, everyone knows what they want, and everything is crystal clear.

I personally would like to welcome you in here as you obviously have genuine interest in bass.

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #868 of 12,993
  why the 77x pads and not the 55x ? are the 77x even better?

I just received my first comparison headphone to the SZ, the Denon D600 and I have to say it's not even close. Going from the bass on the sz to the d600 is like going from a bass headphone to a non bass headphone

No.
I use the 55x pads.
My 55's are dead. I harvested the pads. I believe they are exactly the same as the 77x. My 77x are very much alive. They need their pads.

So the 55x pads are waht I am using and always have. All my vids are with old 55x pads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back