The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 28, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #828 of 12,991
I haven't done any A-B comparative listening between the two, but it is a neat little sleek unit and as willyvlymimck has already commented, the E12 is purely a dedicated headphone amp - no DAC like the E17.

I think HBB posted the specs of the E12 and E17 that showed the E12 as the more powerful between the two, which would likely become apparent on harder to drive cans than the SZ1000 I've only used it on as of yet.

This is the third Fiio product I've picked up from the E17 & E09K and I'm equally impressed by its performance and build quality.

I think Fiio is an excellent manufacturer of quality audio products for sure :)

So, cb3723, you're using the E17 with the SZ1000's? Is the bass exciting? Does it "rattle your teeth"? I'm thinking of this combo, so some inside info would be great. Oh, and I'm using an iPod as a DAP.

Jun 28, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #829 of 12,991
So, cb3723, you're using the E17 with the SZ1000's? Is the bass exciting? Does it "rattle your teeth"? I'm thinking of this combo, so some inside info would be great. Oh, and I'm using an iPod as a DAP.

Yup, the E17 connected to my iPod as source with the SZ1000 is a bass odyssey - just crank up the E17 bass to max setting 10 - play a noted bass heavy track like Wiz Khalifa's - On My Level, and hold on for your white knuckle ride on the bass roller coaster - it's a unique experience of extreme bass and your initiation into the world of the extreme basshead club :D :wink:

Reason I recommend the E17 to you is due to it having 5 levels of bass EQ adjustment + and - unlike the E12 which has a bass boost on or off control which does not increase the bass to the level of the E17, hence why HBB also uses his Cowon iaudio 10 DAP jet effects setting which compensates for this.

The E17 delivers serious bass and works perfectly with your iPod, whereas if you went with the E12 you may find the bass boost lacking to give the full jaw wobbling effect that the SZ1000's are capable of unless you also picked up a Cowon iaudio 10 DAP or other model that had jet effects 3.0 preset option, which adds to your outlay and leaves your iPod redundant.

Here's my bass/paper test video using my iPod touch on bass boost setting connected to my E17 on level 10 maximum bass, which doesn't give you the experience of having the cans perched on your head as the bass slams, but you can see how much air is being moved by the bass by the paper flapping - imagine that's your head and you get the general idea :wink:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/EPCM4R0B35s[/VIDEO]​

Jun 28, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #831 of 12,991
Yup, the E17 connected to my iPod as source with the SZ1000 is a bass odyssey - just crank up the E17 bass to max setting 10 - play a noted bass heavy track like Wiz Khalifa's - On My Level, and hold on for your white knuckle ride on the bass roller coaster - it's a unique experience of extreme bass and your initiation into the world of the extreme basshead club :D :wink:

Reason I recommend the E17 to you is due to it having 5 levels of bass EQ adjustment + and - unlike the E12 which has a bass boost on or off control which does not increase the bass to the level of the E17, hence why HBB also uses his Cowon iaudio 10 DAP jet effects setting which compensates for this.

The E17 delivers serious bass and works perfectly with your iPod, whereas if you went with the E12 you may find the bass boost lacking to give the full jaw wobbling effect that the SZ1000's are capable of unless you also picked up a Cowon iaudio 10 DAP or other model that had jet effects 3.0 preset option, which adds to your outlay and leaves your iPod redundant.
the lumia's have a built in eq that is the most powerful eq I've ever seen. I can boost bass at 50hz so loud that I can only hear vocals if I listen carefully. :) I have the Lumia 925. Good sound quality. I find it to be better than my friends iPod nano 5g on the same track a-b testing with AKG k240's and e11. It just seems to give more to the sound.... I'm guessing a Lumia 520 has the same amount of power in its eq for anybody who can't spend too much... Especially since its CPU is the same as my phone but with a slower processor and half the ram. A snapdragon s4. Imo the best phone under 150$. Wp8 just runs so well on low end hardware... And it runs well up top too! http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E45043A/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1404004382&sr=8-1&pi=SL75 there's that. 60$ for a good basshead player. That thing also has Nokia mix radio which imo is the best music streaming service I've used... But, anyways, very powerful eq, and off contract 60$. I'd say that's better than an iPod touch for price to performance by far. Also, SD card. Just putting out options to all the bassheads. I can't really show you what this eq is capable of, so you'll have to find out yourself.

Jun 28, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #832 of 12,991
I hope they work out for you :)

If you find the Pro 900 not to your liking I can recommend the Ultrasone Signature DJ - the bass is amazing - tight, punchy and amazingly controlled and is the best headphone I've heard or owned that almost sounds as good without any separate amplification to when plugged directly into source DAP - a truly awesome can that excels particularly with bass quality and a general very refined sound signature :cool:

Recommending the JVC SZ2000 or SZ1000 goes without saying - both these cans bass response when EQ'd is biblical :D

That design is so much like the Pro700's it's uncanny. Only thing different are the colors really. Looks almost like somebody copied

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #833 of 12,991
Say hello to my pro 900's, forgot to mention they have couple mods
Are able to except Alpha dogs pads
Have a Senns 650 headband
ac3ee1ae_Pro9002.jpeg

Mine are nearly as sexy :wink:

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #837 of 12,991
  Say hello to my pro 900's, forgot to mention they have couple mods
Are able to except Alpha dogs pads
Have a Senns 650 headband
ac3ee1ae_Pro9002.jpeg

Mine are nearly as sexy :wink:

Dear dude,
The Extreme Bass club requests for the benefit of all members and lurkers....a paper bass test using 1/2 of a A4 piece of paper using the wiz or new bass track to a level which you are comfortable with. A group youtube accounts password can be PM'd to you. 

Sincerely,
Chronic un treatable bass sufferer

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #838 of 12,991
"Dear dude,
The Extreme Bass club requests for the benefit of all members and lurkers....a paper bass test using 1/2 of a A4 piece of paper using the wiz or new bass track to a level which you are comfortable with. A group youtube accounts password can be PM'd to you. 

Sincerely,
Chronic un treatable bass sufferer"

I thought these might catch some interest :wink:
I accept your request and will try these out Wednesday  

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #840 of 12,991
Yep those were the pictures that he posted on his classified.. Haha VERY unusual indeed.. but all very easily reversible.. but from it looks of it.. those mods are going to turn these headphones into BEASTS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back