The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 28, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #843 of 12,993
Originally Posted by zanderwebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha alright i will try it out!

Pro 900 ....about to be in the hizzouse!!!!
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #844 of 12,993
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GyWfjEa2fw8 this song has some bass! You guys have to try this!

Jun 29, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #845 of 12,993
  @willyvlyminck you asked for progressive rock samples with "close to the edge bass guitar," though I'm more into progressive metal, so I sampled the best songs of Liquid Tension Experiment. Not Victor Wooten level virtuosity, but great sounding bass nonetheless. Although in the following samples you can hear why Mike Portnoy is often considered the world's best drummer.

PROGRESSIVE METAL extreme bass boost version
  1. these are preamped to -24dB, so once you crank up the volume +24dB you'll hear the mid to high ranges at reference normal volume with the bass boosted, so if your reference normal volume is 100dB, the bass gets boosted to 124dB and if you don't own the JVC HA-SZ2000 you are going to cry so hard
  2. also recommended setting the Fiio E12 bass boost on

Liquid Tension Experiment (Universal Mind and Paradigm Shift medley):

And their best song, Acid Rain:

The "elitist" prog metal favorites are Spastic Ink and Blotted Science. In fact you can hear a tribute to Spastic Ink - Mad Data Race in Liquid Tension Experiment - Paradigm Shift. As for SI and BS, personally, as much as I am impressed by the complex time signatures (structured based on Schoenberg's compositional theory), the antimelody is not for me. I love melodic dissonance and cacophony, but only when the basis of this dissonance is part of the composition--meaning, they must create first what they destroy, and one great example of that is Chopin - Tristesse. This is kinda like reading James Joyce's Ulysses--it's the kind of book you'd love to write, but not to read (in music, the kind you want to play/compose, not to listen to). What I love about Liquid Tension Experiment is that they know how to write consonant melodies on top of being gods in their instruments (I'm talking mostly of the Dream Theater guys).

Thx so much, I did the listening with a Teac UD-H01 DAC / Amp on my Laptop.My cans are German, Teufel Aureol, which are open cans with a Sound signature close to Grado SR80i but with far more bass.The Music you did provide isn´t really my Cup of tea, and in some Avant-prog recordings you can find even more fierce but engaging bass playing than here, but ok,this is a matter of taste and to test the bass ability of your System this Music does exactly that. I also did use ´my portable DAC / Amp AK10, also known as Byerdynamic A200p, and the results were equal entertaining, but will do the listening again with my collection of in ears, I think the IE80 of Sennheiser will do great here,but I will Report later. I am still not sure which cans I will buy, the JVC´s are certainly to consider but so do some other like Yamaha and Denon.

Jun 29, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #847 of 12,993

The Throne...​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
It awaits @cb3723

I have been busy playing shaved ice man and ******* with my underwater camera....******* love that thing.

Anyway.
If me and him can play on the same field (he's using what I got...is it the best?? Not the point... it's identical...that's the point)
He has about every can I have deemed to be worthy of Top 10 slotting. If we consider the sz2k with xx pads to be the zero point standard then cans like the xb1k and others can be slotted more accurately. The NPulse which is 40mm is/was slotted for removal as I have become convinced beyond doubt that a 50+mm driver holds a clear audible advantage over -10cm cans. 53,55....70??? Clearly better able to handle extension on low frequency sub-bass hits and deliver the energy to travel through pads and punch heads.

Edit my list. Make a new one...whatever
biggrin.gif
...July....is yours

......Pass the Mic...

"​
In The Place With The Bass I'm Going All The Way​
I Can't Stop Y'All​
Tock Tick Y'All​
And If You Think That You're Slick You'll Catch A Brick Y'All​
'Cause I'm A Turn It In​
And I'm A Turn It Out​
But Now I've Got To Pass The Mic "​

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #848 of 12,993
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GyWfjEa2fw8 this song has some bass! You guys have to try this!

The Throne...​

It awaits @cb3723

I have been busy playing shaved ice man and ******* with my underwater camera....******* love that thing.

Anyway.
If me and him can play on the same field (he's using what I got...is it the best?? Not the point... it's identical...that's the point)
He has about every can I have deemed to be worthy of Top 10 slotting. If we consider the sz2k with xx pads to be the zero point standard then cans like the xb1k and others can be slotted more accurately. The NPulse which is 40mm is/was slotted for removal as I have become convinced beyond doubt that a 50+mm driver holds a clear audible advantage over -10cm cans. 53,55....70??? Clearly better able to handle extension on low frequency sub-bass hits and deliver the energy to travel through pads and punch heads.

Edit my list. Make a new one...whatever:D ...July....is yours

......Pass the Mic...

"​
In The Place With The Bass I'm Going All The Way​

I Can't Stop Y'All​
Tock Tick Y'All​

And If You Think That You're Slick You'll Catch A Brick Y'All​

'Cause I'm A Turn It In​
And I'm A Turn It Out​

But Now I've Got To Pass The Mic "​
lemme get this straight... Cb's making the list for July? Cool. Congrats cb if that's what's happening... And has anybody listened to this track yet?

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #849 of 12,993
@PocketSmiley

You're a maniac!!!!

Love it!!!!!

Environmental Noise
Weakest sound heard0dB
Whisper Quiet Library at 6'30dB
Normal conversation at 3'60-65dB
Telephone dial tone80dB
City Traffic (inside car)85dB
Train whistle at 500', Truck Traffic90dB
Jackhammer at 50'95dB
Subway train at 200'95dB
[COLOR=FF0000]Level at which sustained exposure may result in hearing loss[/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]90 - 95dB[/COLOR]
Hand Drill98dB
Power mower at 3'107dB
Snowmobile, Motorcycle100dB
Power saw at 3'110dB
Sandblasting, Loud Rock Concert115dB
[COLOR=FF0000]Pain begins[/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]125dB[/COLOR]
Pneumatic riveter at 4'125dB
[COLOR=FF0000]Even short term exposure can cause permanent damage - Loudest recommended exposure WITHhearing protection[/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]140dB[/COLOR]
Jet engine at 100'140dB
12 Gauge Shotgun Blast165dB
Death of hearing tissue180dB
Loudest sound possible194dB

OSHA Daily Permissible Noise Level Exposure
Hours per daySound level
890dB
692dB
495dB
397dB
2100dB
1.5102dB
1105dB
.5110dB
.25 or less115dB

NIOSH Daily Permissible Noise Level Exposure
Hours per daySound level
885dBA
686dBA
488dBA
389dBA
290dBA
1.592dBA
194dBA
.597dBA
.25 or less100dBA
0112dBA

Perceptions of Increases in Decibel Level
Imperceptible Change1dB
 Barely Perceptible Change3dB
Clearly Noticeable Change5dB
About Twice as Loud10dB
About Four Times as Loud20dB

Sound Levels of Music
Normal piano practice60 -70dB
Fortissimo Singer, 3'70dB
Chamber music, small auditorium75 - 85dB
Piano Fortissimo84 - 103dB
Violin82 - 92dB
Cello85 -111dB
Oboe95-112dB
Flute 92 -103dB
Piccolo90 -106dB
Clarinet85 - 114dB
French horn90 - 106dB
Trombone85 - 114dB
Tympani & bass drum106dB
Walkman on 5/1094dB
Symphonic music peak120 - 137dB
Amplifier, rock, 4-6'120dB
Rock music peak150dB

NOTES:
  • One-third of the total power of a 75-piece orchestra comes from the bass drum.
  • High frequency sounds of 2-4,000 Hz are the most damaging. The uppermost octave of the piccolo is 2,048-4,096 Hz.
  • Aging causes gradual hearing loss, mostly in the high frequencies.
  • Speech reception is not seriously impaired until there is about 30 dB loss; by that time severe damage may have occurred.
  • Hypertension and various psychological difficulties can be related to noise exposure.
  • The incidence of hearing loss in classical musicians has been estimated at 4-43%, in rock musicians 13-30%.
  • Recent NIOSH studies of sound levels from weapons fires have shown that they may range from a low of 144 dB SPL for small caliber weapons such as a 0.22 caliber rifle to as high as a 172 dB SPL for a 0.357 caliber revolver. Double ear protection is recommended for shooters, combining soft, insertable ear plugs and external ear muffs.
Statistics for the Decibel (Loudness) Comparison Chart were taken from a study by Marshall Chasin , M.Sc., Aud(C), FAAA, Centre for Human Performance & Health, Ontario, Canada. There were some conflicting readings and, in many cases, authors did not specify at what distance the readings were taken or what the musician was actually playing. In general, when there were several readings, the higher one was chosen.
Additional Resources
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)  -http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/noise/
American Tinnitus Association – Information and help for those with tinnitus
Hear Tomorrow – The Hearing Conservation Workshop
H.E.A.R. – Hearing Education and Awareness for Rockers
American Tinnitus Association – for musicians and music lovers
Turn It to the Left – from the American Academy of Audiology
Listen to Your Buds – from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Binge Listening: Is exposure to leisure noise causing hearing loss in young Australians? [pdf] – report from Australian Hearing, National Acoustic Laboratories
Hearing Aids and Music: Interview with Marshall Chasin, AuD – from the American Academy of Audiology
Safe Listening Resources – from the National Hearing Conservation Association
OSHA Noise and Hearing Conservation -

According to that I should be death. My cans are 110db and I listen to them full blast for at least 5 hours out of the day

Jun 29, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #850 of 12,993
According to that I should be death. My cans are 110db and I listen to them full blast for at least 5 hours out of the day
they probably don't get up to 110db lol. The 77x's got up to 109db before distortion. I'm guessing yours get to... 102db? 100db?

Jun 29, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #851 of 12,993
Okay, here's my dilemma.  I only have enough funds to buy the JVC SZ-1000 cans, or the Fiio E17 and dock cable over the next two paychecks.  I can get the Fiio amp with my expiring Amazon Prime 2-day shipping, and the cans I want to pay $13 for express shipping.  Which would you get first.  The seemingly dwindling supply of cans, or the Fiio Amp/DAC with Prime shipping?  I AM going to get both, just not sure which to get first.

Jun 29, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #852 of 12,993
do you have any headphone right now ? because the jvc really sound bad without any amp/dac. They need alot more power. So i think you will be disappointed in the headphone if you listen to them without the fiio

Jun 29, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #854 of 12,993
  do you have any headphone right now ? because the jvc really sound bad without any amp/dac. They need alot more power. So i think you will be disappointed in the headphone if you listen to them without the fiio

Yeah, I have headphones right now.  But I just went with the JVC's.  The total available from a reliable seller from Japan on Amazon was dwindling.  3 days ago, there were 50, today there were 13.  So I jumped on the headphones for this paycheck.  Next paycheck is the Fiio amp.

Jun 29, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #855 of 12,993

Rec'd!!

No amp and the sz are like a car with no gas, a pimp with no ho*s...

You want face slaps you need the amp and the pads too ....for full effect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back