The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 29, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #8,627 of 12,992
  Yes, but if I buy th SZ1000, I could only buy a very cheap amp, for like

I can, but then I could only get a really cheap amp (like a FiiO K1) and I'm not sure that's a good deal. But I have 0 knowledge about amps to begin with.

I wasn't considering the COP, I was asking about it. Get it right.

If you don't mind a little wait until after chinese new years for the factories to reopen, you can grab a walnut for like $30usd shipped. 4.2w RMS amp in there is no slouch, but is more of a clean power boost than anything else, so whatever your source is, do you EQ all there and use the walnut to make it damn loud! I have been using my SZ1000 and SZ2000 with a lot more low power DAPs because with the help of an amp that powerful the SZs can rattle hard.

I don't know about the K1, no way it has that much power but the walnut lacks any sort of bass boost etc, so it really is just to boost the power. no bass boost switch or anything

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #8,628 of 12,992
  If you don't mind a little wait until after chinese new years for the factories to reopen, you can grab a walnut for like $30usd shipped. 4.2w RMS amp in there is no slouch, but is more of a clean power boost than anything else, so whatever your source is, do you EQ all there and use the walnut to make it damn loud! I have been using my SZ1000 and SZ2000 with a lot more low power DAPs because with the help of an amp that powerful the SZs can rattle hard.

I don't know about the K1, no way it has that much power but the walnut lacks any sort of bass boost etc, so it really is just to boost the power. no bass boost switch or anything

4200mw RMS at 16ohm???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? of clean boost you say?!

k1 i think is like 75mw at 16ohm

but i would think even an a3 at minimum for sz1k and its like $9 more.
450mw @ 16ohm

Jan 29, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #8,630 of 12,992

I looked into the Pro 500's before I got the SZ2k's and if I remember correctly I read that the Brainwavz HM5 pads could be used on them. That would negate the large ear/comfort issue.

Do the hm5 fit properly or over the cup/?

I don't know. THIS is the only thing I can find referencing it right now.

Jan 29, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #8,632 of 12,992
  I have put HM5s on my SZ's in the past and it felt like I was gonna rip the HM5 pads but they did fit on eventually. 

I didn't realize how easy it was to swap the pads until I actually did it. I thought there was a trick to it (like there is with some headphones), but all you have to do is put a little bit of it in the groove, then keep twisting until it's all on.

(Though perhaps non-JVC pads might not be as easy.)

Jan 29, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #8,633 of 12,992

I didn't realize how easy it was to swap the pads until I actually did it. I thought there was a trick to it (like there is with some headphones), but all you have to do is put a little bit of it in the groove, then keep twisting until it's all on.

(Though perhaps non-JVC pads might not be as easy.)

Yup, same thing for the hm5's, just it is harder to put the flap into the groove due to the hm5 being slightly smaller.

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #8,635 of 12,992
How close are ultrasone signature dj to top 10?

15... LOL.

Due to their use of S-Logic, most of the sound kind of "stays inside" the pads/cups. I could try working on a vid later... but I'm pretty sure I tried and failed miserably (although I DON'T push the EQ and amps as much as these guys here.)

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #8,636 of 12,992
Eh, I just impulse bought the SZ1000. A local JVC distributor was having a sale, they didn't even have the SZ2k on stock so I didn't have to make that decision. Gonna pick it up this week, then I'm getting myself some amp I can find.

Jan 29, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #8,637 of 12,992
15... LOL.

Due to their use of S-Logic, most of the sound kind of "stays inside" the pads/cups. I could try working on a vid later... but I'm pretty sure I tried and failed miserably (although I DON'T push the EQ and amps as much as these guys here.)

Cool, thanks for the info. I actually inquired here due to your post on the Z1R thread. Looks like the bass quantity on Z1R is equal to signature dj? Is that without EQ/amping? Any idea how much potential the Z1R has for being a bass cannon? No one on the Z1R thread seemed particularly interested in maxing out 31 hz and doing a bass test haha. Totally understandable.

But it seems like you've got some basshead in you, care to eq the z1r and let us all know how it rumbles? I'm really torn between z1r and th900 for my upcoming big purchase. Th900 is obviously going to be basshead enough for me, but if the z1r comes close (or exceeds it), it'd definitely be the one for me.

Either will be a keeper for a long long time so I gotta get this right.

Jan 29, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #8,638 of 12,992
Eh, I just impulse bought the SZ1000. A local JVC distributor was having a sale, they didn't even have the SZ2k on stock so I didn't have to make that decision. Gonna pick it up this week, then I'm getting myself some amp I can find.

Very nice! The classifieds here are usually really good, I just sold two amps at a good price. Wish I still had them so I could hook you up, but good luck!

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #8,639 of 12,992

Cool!
Impulse buys represent 80% of sales around here
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back